What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here get into MMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jc155776

Coach
What a top bloke is JDS is.

Watching him coach on the ultimate fighter i never realised how young he really is!!

jc155776

Coach
Also I love Clay Guida.

Scrappy as all f**k but all class in terms of ring presence and sportsmanship.

The lightweight division is rocking at the moment, Peddis, Guida, Edgar and Henderson all top notch.

Who will be the next hebyweight to fight JDS? Winner of Lesnar v Overreem?

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Yeah read online somewhere that winner of Brock and overreem will most likely get #1 contender spot.

Come on 830. Still haven't seen the fight

Collateral

Coach
Pretty obvious that JDS was going to win the fight this time around. Next time it will be a different story.
Cain has been out for about a year with a shoulder injury and was defending his title against one of the best fighters going around who has had a great preparation for this fight.

Cain will get his title back sooner or later. He fought terrible tonight and lost due to ring rust. Anyone who thinks he lost just because JDS is better needs to lay off the crack pipe.

Also, who the f**k is the Striking coach at AKA? He needs to be sacked ASAP. I knew after Cains first punch the he was getting knocked out. No blocking while throwing, no foot movement, no head movement & hands down while throwing half-hearted kicks. 8 Weeks preparation?

Cain should of focused on tight counter boxing to setup his TD's. Im more dissapointed in AKA and their gameplan/preparation than I am in Cain.

Ram Man

Juniors
Wow...not sure if Cain could stand toe to toe even if he hadn't had 12 months off...jds is a beast with his hands...I really didn't think jds would knock Cain out like that...JDS seems like an absolute champion and I'm very happy for him! Bring on Brock vs overeem

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Just on the replay, how many fights did they show for the hour long broadcast?

Hoping they gave more than just the title fight like originally stated.

Jono078

Referee
Pretty obvious that JDS was going to win the fight this time around. Next time it will be a different story.
Cain has been out for about a year with a shoulder injury and was defending his title against one of the best fighters going around who has had a great preparation for this fight.

Cain will get his title back sooner or later. He fought terrible tonight and lost due to ring rust. Anyone who thinks he lost just because JDS is better needs to lay off the crack pipe.

Also, who the f**k is the Striking coach at AKA? He needs to be sacked ASAP. I knew after Cains first punch the he was getting knocked out. No blocking while throwing, no foot movement, no head movement & hands down while throwing half-hearted kicks. 8 Weeks preparation?

Cain should of focused on tight counter boxing to setup his TD's. Im more dissapointed in AKA and their gameplan/preparation than I am in Cain.
Dos Santos took the title with a 64-second TKO victory, but less than two weeks ago he could barely walk following an injury during his jiu-jitsu training, he told reporters.

"I got a very serious injury in my knee, my meniscus," said the new champion. "You know, ten days ago I couldn't walk very well. I stayed two days with [crutches], but I asked my doctor to help me because it's the fight of my life and I can't miss that fight."

Yeah great preparation for JDS :roll:

Why not give him some credit for being able to do what no one else has. That is beating and KO'ing Cain.

Cain will be back, I believe he'll win the next encounter and it'll set up the trilogy. Was just meant to be between these young impressive heavyweights.

Special K

Coach
JDS is awesome. I had him winning it in the 2nd didn't think he would win so quickly. Love JDS such a likable guy!

aqua_duck

Coach

Pretty obvious? No one backed Dos Santos, fans or 'experts'

Collateral

Coach
Yeah great preparation for JDS :roll:

Why not give him some credit for being able to do what no one else has. That is beating and KO'ing Cain.

Cain will be back, I believe he'll win the next encounter and it'll set up the trilogy. Was just meant to be between these young impressive heavyweights.

Nice work in editing out the part of that article where it states Cain was also suffering from a knee injury.

And by preparation I'm talking about lead up fights and staying active.

Jono078

Referee
Nice work in editing out the part of that article where it states Cain was also suffering from a knee injury.

And by preparation I'm talking about lead up fights and staying active.
Lol that is your response? :roll:

I was simply correcting you. You claimed JDS had a great preparation, which wasn't the case however you look at it.

dogslife

Coach
Pretty obvious? No one backed Dos Santos, fans or 'experts'

Not sure if this is anything to go by but on one of the UFC facebook pages, not sure if it was the actual UFC page or Dana White's, but it had a poll along the lines of 'Who do you think will win the fight?' And I would say 2/3rds of the responses were for Dos Santos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts