What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here get into MMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aqua_duck

Coach
ufc141poster1-500x718.jpg

nice promo

MattJ

Juniors
Anyone watch 138 yesterday?
For what looked like a card that was a bit lacking, the overall event was awesome, especially for a freebie.

Ram Man

Juniors
What channel will broadcast the fox UFC fight in aus?

ONE HD is broadcasting it live @ 1pm...pretty sure they are only showing the 1 fight, not sure who is broadcasting the undercard, which is a shame because it is not a bad card....especially the Clay Guida vs. Ben Henderson...probable fight of the night!

dogslife

Coach
Found out today that the FOX broadcast of Cain vs JDS will only be showing the one fight, regardless of wether the bout last 15 secs or 15 mins, all other fights will only be able to seen on the facebook broadcasts or fox webpage.

Clay Guida vs Ben Henderson is on the same card, cant believe they wouldnt show that fight as a prelim on the broadcast at least! Seriously hoped they would show that fight as well.

Yeah it's the same for the US. It is a shame, but when you think about it they've only got an hour to work with, and for arguments' sake we'll assume the fight goes the full 5 rounds, there's 25 mins, plus 1 min in between each round, add in the walk outs, intros and all the ads you can muster, there's your hour

jc155776

Coach
As if they couldn't show the guida Henson fight though. That is 18 min max. I will be taking some Of the 2.88 offered for guida. He will just use his wrestling tO smother him.

MattJ

Juniors
can you f**king believe it was a f**king PPV in NZ
138 was ppv in NZ? Thats piss poor, it was on Free to air tv in AUS and i know it was a freebie in the U.S also.
It was worthwhile seeing in the end, but i'd be pissed if i were a kiwi mma fan.

shiznit

Coach
138 was ppv in NZ? Thats piss poor, it was on Free to air tv in AUS and i know it was a freebie in the U.S also.
It was worthwhile seeing in the end, but i'd be pissed if i were a kiwi mma fan.
yeah man... i was f**king furious it was PPV... we would close to be the only country who took it PPV.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Again wow! Overreem is looking freaking beastly.

GSP bs Diaz is being slated for UFC 143 feb 5th.
Condit VS Koscheck is also rumored for the same card.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Or Condit Vs John Fitch, which I would prefer as it would then be a true #1 contender match.

Yeah, definitly makes more sense to me. Makes u wonder if condit happens to lose the next fight how long he'll have to wait to get another opportunity.

Ram Man

Juniors
Condit has been offered a fight with Koscheck on the same card as per Dana White at UFC 138 post fight presser...Fitch really didnt impress me in Sydney at the start of the year, if BJ can take him down so easily, GSP will kill him

Ram Man

Juniors
Pfft, f**k MMA. Boxers would smash all these guys in a real fight. MMA fans are by far the most sensitive,

Just like James Toney beat the shit out of Randy Couture in a real fight...oh wait...no he didnt...he tapped and very quickly I might add

Clearly you are stirring the pot and I know I am biting in replying, but real fights are anything goes, not standing and only throwing punches...most real fights I have seen, people do whatever they can to win...which is kinda like MMA but MMA fighters actually have more skill.... Boxers cal box well...but thats it...MMA fighters do everything

BTW what do you call a real fight

Status
Not open for further replies.