What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here get into MMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Day off, beers and steak in the fridge and a sick card to top it off.
Should make the Hendo vs shogun fight a special PRIDE rules fight just to really get the war going. Soccer kicks FTW.

So hard to pick a loser in the main one, both such good dudes and are great fighters. Backin Hendo cos I like him more but think shogun's quickness will get him the win.

Can't wait to see what wanderlei does when cung le starts throwing the wild kicks. Think le will run through the axe murderer unfortunately. WAR WAND!!

Last edited:

dogslife

Coach
Awesome card. The Axe murderer on the up, and the Hendo/Shogun fight was just insane!

Last edited:

Ram Man

Juniors
What a sick card!

Happy that Urijah gets another shot...I love that kid

The main event was one of the best fights I have seen an absolute War between 2 legends who dont know how to quit...

I did think that Chris Weidman's Darce choke was worthy of Sub of the night because he put "Filthy" Tom Lawler to sleep but hard to get it off Faber who was on the main card....

Wow im still amazed!

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Main event was truly just wow!!!!!!!!!

2 absolute warriors. Hendo was immense in the first 3 and half rounds and shogun was all heart to hang on. Stunning fight.

Faber looked awesome as well, uppercut was vicious. Crowd sounded sick throughout the whole card. Definitly money well spent on that card.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Just re watched the Big Nogg VS Bob Sapp fight from 02 in pride thanks to a rogan podcast and holy shit I forgot how epic big Nogg, heart was and is. Picked up and slammed on his head 10 secs into the fight, then copped some of the most brutal donkey kong ground and pound for 7-8 minutes to then use his BJJ to sweep and arm bar the 350 pound monster was so good?

This fight plus the recent war between shogun has got me thinking about some my favorite all time fights. The Edgar VS Maynard III was one of my recent favourites.

Fedor VS Fijita back at Pride 26. Fedor gets hit with a Right hook that would drop an elephant to recover within a minute and take Fujita's back and choke him out via RNC. Another example of why fedor was the best fighter on the planet.

There's a few of mine what are some other peoples memorable fights?

Last edited:

dogslife

Coach
Clay Guida vs Diego Sanchez (TUF 9 finale)
Frank Shamrock vs Tito (UFC 22)
Rampage vs Wanderlei Silva II (Pride 28)
Griffin vs Bonnar (TUF 1 Finale)

in no particular order are some of my favourites, I'm sure there are more that are lost on me at the moment

Special K

Coach
I would say Cruz and Faber will be the next TUF coaches.

I suspect we will start getting shitty UKish style cards moving forward.

Snoochies

First Grade
Mark Hunt alos on the Japan card too. Thiago Alves vs. Martin Kampmann the first rumoured fight. Hope it's not the main event. The cards probably won't sell out as quick if we get more UK style cards simply for the fact that alot of people travel interstate. The 1st UFC was going to sell out no matter who was on the card and I think when the second card rolled around those that missed out first time were sure to mae it to the next one. If we get second tier fighters it may take longer to sell, but still will be a sellout none the less.

I travelled for the 1st one from Brisbane but it would have to be a decent card for me to travel again.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
UFC 145 rumoured to be held in Sydney on march. Nothing confirmed but at least there talking bout it.

jc155776

Coach
Yeah I have been enjoying it.

TJ Dillashaw will win his fight.

Last episode watching Sakira lose to Bermudaz after almost being knocked out was great. He even tried the sneaky phantom tap trip again the dog.

I am looking forward to watching Tony Ferguson at the finale. The bloke is a shit human but is a vicious fighter. His last two knockouts (well doctor stoppage in the last when he broke a dudes jaw) have been insane. Scarey guy at 70kg.

Special K

Coach
TJ Dillashaw will win his fight.
I disagree.

Dodson has looked awesome all season. He schooled Bedford..

Diego is also a beast. I do wonder how big his motor is if a fight goes past the first round though. He looked pretty gassed beating the shit out of Caraway

shiznit

Coach
yeah hes impressive...

but you gotta ask the question... why has he lost 6 times..

i also notice that he's training out of Albuquerque NM... which would mean Jacksons..

yeah, you always wonder with these tuf guys. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt tho because its the first tuf season with these divisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.