What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here get into MMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aqua_duck

Coach
yeah hes impressive...

but you gotta ask the question... why has he lost 6 times..

i also notice that he's training out of Albuquerque NM... which would mean Jacksons..

Yeah both Dodson and Diego Brandao fight out of Jackson's gym, as for his record it could be a number of different factors including turning pro too soon, being forced to take bad fights due to financial factors, could be a case of being a late bloomer or maybe he's improved alot since joining Jacksons. Also let's remember alot of these guys would've fought up a weight class in the hope of making it to the UFC in previous years

Jono078

Referee
I know there's UFC on tomorrow, but f**k I'm pumped for next Sunday, JONES VS MACHIDA :D

I like both fighters, but I'm rooting for Machida in this one.

shiznit

Coach
Yeah both Dodson and Diego Brandao fight out of Jackson's gym, as for his record it could be a number of different factors including turning pro too soon, being forced to take bad fights due to financial factors, could be a case of being a late bloomer or maybe he's improved alot since joining Jacksons. Also let's remember alot of these guys would've fought up a weight class in the hope of making it to the UFC in previous years
yeah all good point's...

and TBH he's Brazilian... that country is a shark tank for up and coming MMA talent.

we haven't really seen what his guard is like... i dont rate Dennis' striking very well... but he's a very good wrestler... so his plan should be to put Diego on his arse and beat the shit out of him.

then we can see how good this kids guard is...

Last edited:

Special K

Coach
Good win for Dodson. The guy is so powerful for his size...

Edit - what a fight and win from Diego. Awesome fight and a great end to an awesome season.

Last edited:

Jono078

Referee
Mayhem Miller was super disappointing. He gassed astronomically quick! Wonder if it was the occasion, ring rust or he just wasn't in it and wanted the money.

shiznit

Coach
yeah all good point's...

and TBH he's Brazilian... that country is a shark tank for up and coming MMA talent.

we haven't really seen what his guard is like... i dont rate Dennis' striking very well... but he's a very good wrestler... so his plan should be to put Diego on his arse and beat the shit out of him.

then we can see how good this kids guard is...

wow... he answered that emphatically... :clap:

jc155776

Coach
Miller looked f**king awful.

Really dissapointed after the first round he went to shit. Striking was f**king awful.

He must have caught one that knocked him silly because he didn't seem all there.

Brandao vs Bermudaz fight was outstanding.

Ram Man

Juniors
wow... he answered that emphatically... :clap:

Did he what....Dennis was tapping as Diego was rolling him over...nasty arm bar, his hips were so high off the ground, and very quickly, that he never really had a chance to get out of that.

Miller was horrendous....after the first round, he wanted nothing to do with that fight.

Bisping looked a little off his game i the first round, but found his range and starting lighting him up a bit....not a bad card really.

Attention turns to this weekend's blockbuster card...Jones to retain his strap for mine.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Jones by whatever he wants!

Diego's arm bar was a thing of beauty. Shift of the hips and bam! Fight over. Love watching that type of finish. Kid's got a massive future, vicious vicious power and an explosive technical ground game. Aldo mark 2 anyone?

shiznit

Coach
MASSIVE rumor doing the rounds that James Te Huna will be fighting Forrest Griffin next...

that fight makes no sense at all IMO... no way is Te Huna even near that class... but it would be a great opportunity for Te Huna if it was true.

also... TUF15 tryouts were on today... a group of kiwi fighters made the trip over.... word is.. Rod McSwain was with them... trying out at LW apparently.

Mateo Moi Moi

Juniors
MASSIVE rumor doing the rounds that James Te Huna will be fighting Forrest Griffin next...

that fight makes no sense at all IMO... no way is Te Huna even near that class... but it would be a great opportunity for Te Huna if it was true.

also... TUF15 tryouts were on today... a group of kiwi fighters made the trip over.... word is.. Rod McSwain was with them... trying out at LW apparently.

I don't mind the idea of Te Huna v Griffin. Obviously a huge leap up in class but that fight would be huge especially if was on that rumoured Australian card for March.

Any word on who the coaches for TUF15? Who would you guys like to see? Faber v Cruz would be good I think. Bit of dislike between the two, let the UFC audience see a bit more of them and make for a good build up to their title fight.

Ram Man

Juniors

Sounds like they are trying to beef up the card for Sydney in March next year by bringing in another big name. Much like they did with BJ Penn.

It will sell a few tickets I think, not many people dont love Forrest and I think the UFC are stuggling to find any real big fights especially after they are doing such a big card in Japan a week or so before Sydney.

Although I have also heard whispers that Rashad could be fighting Hendo in Sydney...which would be quite a good fight unless Rashad wants to dance around and not engage.

Te Huna's performance in Sydney earlier this year was less than impressive but his last fight was a lot better...looked better prepared and his wrestling has improved...still dont think he is in the same class as a almost past his best Forrest Griffin.

Last edited:

Mateo Moi Moi

Juniors
Sounds like they are trying to beef up the card for Sydney in March next year by bringing in another big name. Much like they did with BJ Penn.

It will sell a few tickets I think, not many people dont love Forrest and I think the UFC are stuggling to find any real big fights especially after they are doing such a big card in Japan a week or so before Sydney.

Although I have also heard whispers that Rashad could be fighting Hendo in Sydney...which would be quite a good fight unless Rashad wants to dance around and not engage.

Te Huna's performance in Sydney earlier this year was less than impressive but his last fight was a lot better...looked better prepared and his wrestling has improved...still dont think he is in the same class as a almost past his best Forrest Griffin.

Rashad v Davis has been announced. Winner is the new number 1 contender for LHW title.

Don't know where that puts Hendo then.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Hendo wants Anderson. Has ever since Anderson raped him in the second round of their fight.

Te Huna VS Griffin is bad for Jamie. Forrest will destroy him and you'd hardly call Forrest a contender these days.

shiznit

Coach
I don't mind the idea of Te Huna v Griffin. Obviously a huge leap up in class but that fight would be huge especially if was on that rumoured Australian card for March.

Any word on who the coaches for TUF15? Who would you guys like to see? Faber v Cruz would be good I think. Bit of dislike between the two, let the UFC audience see a bit more of them and make for a good build up to their title fight.

Its been confirmed... Cruz V Faber will be the coaches for TUF15 on FX...

http://www.ufc.co.nz/news/tuf-15-coach-announcement-fx

Ram Man

Juniors
GSP out of his fight against Nick Diaz with an ACL injury, will be out for 10 months.

Carlos Condit replacing GSP and will face Diaz for an Interim Belt with the winner to face GSP on his return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts