What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here get into MMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ram Man

Juniors
fear is a tough thing to shake...

Haha...apparently its his other knee that he has done will be back in 6-9 months.

Be interesting to see how Nick Diaz is going to approach this fight, obviously has motivation of getting an interim title, but it in all honesty is a fake belt and will never be champion until he beats the champion....

Might take away some of the drive and hunger now hes not fighting GSP...and Condit is a danger fight for him too....if Diaz gets done, how long will it take for him to get another shot?

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Gonna be around 17 months between fights for GSP, be interesting to see how he comes back from it all.

Condit VS Diaz is gonna be sick

Collateral

Coach
Anyone seriously think Machida will beat JBJ? I think Jones by late round TKO or Points.

I really, REALLY hope Ortiz wins but I cant really see it happening.

mozza91

Coach
Miguel Torres fired for making a quasi offensive comment on Twitter, whereas Rashad and Forrest make far more offensive comments and get nothing, f**k you Dana!

shiznit

Coach
Ill take Jon Jones any day of the week... he's going to destroy Machida.

i honestly cant see any way Machida beats Jones.

Machida's greatest asset is his ability firstly, to create space between himself and his opponent and then close that space quickly.

that to me just sounds like he's tailor-made for Jon Jones. Jon Jones is at his very best when hes striking from the outside...

Maybe Machida's Jiujitsu could be effective... we really haven't seen Jones tested by a Black Belt in BJJ just yet.

But Jones' wrestling will dictate how the fight goes to the ground... so unless Machida catches him with a strike... he's gonna have to work off his back... and i REALLY dont know if you want to give Jon Jones and his nasty elbows that top position.

dont get me wrong... im not saying its IMPOSSIBLE for Machida to win... hell, this is MMA... if someone hits you flush with those 4 ounce gloves... anyone can be lights out... and to be honest... Jon Jones really hasnt been tested enough for us to truly know how good the kids heart and chin are...

but thats really the only realistic way i see Machida's walking out of there with the strap... via a one off strike... which was how i felt Rampage's only way of winning was. until he comes up against a top notch wrestler with a well rounded striking game... i cant see anyone troubling Jon Jones until he moves up to HW... where any fight can end with one punch.

Last edited:

Jono078

Referee
Really like both fighters. I probably rate them as #1 and #2 in the division.

But I'm rooting for Machida in this one, being such an underdog id love to see a brilliant performance from him.

But obviously as like everyone else, I don't really see how he wins and basically see Jones dominating, as per usual.

jc155776

Coach
What an insane card. Little jog brutal going after broken ribs. Mir f**king up big jogs shoulder after pretty much being out. Nog should have kept hammer dusting and the red stops it rather then going for the submission.

Jones looked in a bit of trouble then pulls puts out a crazy headlock sub. Not even a real technique just brutal strength!

Tom155

Coach
What an insane card. Little jog brutal going after broken ribs. Mir f**king up big jogs shoulder after pretty much being out. Nog should have kept hammer dusting and the red stops it rather then going for the submission.

Jones looked in a bit of trouble then pulls puts out a crazy headlock sub. Not even a real technique just brutal strength!
i agree card was awesome. Mir sub was nasty watching his arm pop/break like that

Jono078

Referee
Favorite card of the year, f**king insane.

Shattered about Machida, he was looking f**king excellent and INSANELY quick. But as soon as the clinch and wrestle started he got cut then caught with that left by Jones.

Top card though top to bottom.

Tom155

Coach
Favorite card of the year, f**king insane.

Shattered about Machida, he was looking f**king excellent and INSANELY quick. But as soon as the clinch and wrestle started he got cut then caught with that left by Jones.

Top card though top to bottom.
what about jones elbows just sliced machida straight away, they are absolutley lethal

dogslife

Coach
Devastating for Machida, honestly looked like the only guy so far that's really belonged in there with Jones. As much as I dislike him, you've gotta give props to Jones, he is a freak. Rashad's only chance would be be 5 rounds of lay and pray, and seeing as though Jones has never been taken down, I give him next to zero chance. Tough break for big Nog too, definately should have pounded it out, Mir looked on his last legs. I can't feel sorry for Tito

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Evans has no chance of keeping bones down so lay and pray won't happen. I reckon rashad gonna have to catch him clean with one shot like the chuck knockout.

Just dominating from bones, looked a little tentative, which was understandable given the dragon looked pretty sharp himself. Different story when they clinched and went to the ground. Vicious elbow to cut him up and then brutal strength to put him out in him feet with the guillotine.

Mir was even more brutal with the kimura. The one that got away for big Nog. Keeps hammer fisting instead of trying to prove a point with a Sub finish and he's the winner.

Sucks bout homminick as well. Expected him to go to war with the zombie.
Great card

Ram Man

Juniors
Sick Card!

2 unreal submissions....cant believe Jones won by Standing Guilotine choke! The kid is a freak!
Big Nog will be out for a long time, his shoulder will be completely destroyed after that nasty kimura....but thats what happens when you dont tap when a black belt has a solid submission and is cranking the $hit out of it!

I dont feel sorry for Tito at all!

Hominick and his silly brain snap....I was having flashbacks of buying the Danny Green vs. Roy Jones Jnr fight...$45 and a 7 second knock out! But thats the good thing about MMA and UFC, you dont get just 2 big names on a card, all other fights were unreal, even the free fights on ONE HD were sick!

shaggs

Coach
Humeral nail for sure. Locking screw at the top and one at the bottom. Need to straighten that rotation out.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Just read on MMA junkie that big nog isn't having any corrective surgery, just an arm in a cast for 9 months with rehab twice a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts