What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here get into MMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Special K

Coach
I don't think they are going to air it in english or overseas? I'll be stoked if they do.. pro wrestling torrents will have it for download I am sure. If you need an invite I think I may have one left over

MattJ

Juniors
Gee UFC 146 just got interesting. Big boys are coming out to play. JDS v Overeem for the title. Cain v Mir. Nelson v Big Foot Silva.

Throw in Hardy v Ludwig and Mayhem v Dollaway. Gonzaga is on the card, so is TUF 14 winner Diego.

You spoke too soon....

Overeem has failed a suprise drug test that was taken at 146 presser.

He is likely to be removed from card and an opponent for Dos Santos will have to be found, at this stage, its looking like it could be Mir.

Overee can request to have a B sample tested and hope for a diff result, he tested to hmuch higher than allowed testosterone levels, the B sample will prob be the same.

JDS, Cain, Mir, Bigfoot and Nelson were all also tested and have passed.

aqua_duck

Coach
JDS will destroy Mir. Mir couldn't handle Big Nog's stand up during his last fight, Junior's stand up is a whole different level to Big Nog

MattJ

Juniors
I kinda hope the JDS v Mir fight isn't made, Cain vs Mir is a perfect contenders bout, but i dont really know of anyone else currently worthy of a shot at the champ.

dogslife

Coach
Anyone else believe Overeem put on 45lbs eating horse meat? Yeah me neither. About time he got caught

aqua_duck

Coach
Anyone else believe Overeem put on 45lbs eating horse meat? Yeah me neither. About time he got caught

He didn't put on 45Ibs, he was around about 220-225 with a big unfilled frame when he was at LHW, he always had to cut heaps to get down to 205 and he never really performed to his potential at 205 because of the cut. He probably put on about 25-30lbs from when he was a LHW till now which is about 13kg. League players can put on 7-8kg in a single off season with his height and frame 13kg isn't a massive bulk.

WYD

Juniors
Roiding to bulk doesn't really give you that much of an advantage, it's more a shortcut.

If you were looking at a PED, you'd be wiser to take something to increase the oxygen-carrying capacity of the blood so you don't gas as quickly.

argy-bargy

Juniors
Roiding to bulk doesn't really give you that much of an advantage, it's more a shortcut.

WTF are you talking about, nitwit. I guess all those bodybuilders dont bother with steroids at all then, because its doesnt really give them "that much of an advantage" to bulk up :roll:

shiznit

Coach
WTF are you talking about, nitwit. I guess all those bodybuilders dont bother with steroids at all then, because its doesnt really give them "that much of an advantage" to bulk up :roll:
im not one to stick up for WYD... but you have no f**king idea...

WTF do bodybuilder's have to do with this... were talking MMA here...

dogslife

Coach
The way I look at it is, Overeem is better equipped to compete at HW by being in the 260lb vicinity that he's at. I don't know a natural bodybuilder who could put on the amount of weight he did in the time frame he did. I've long suspected something has been up with Overeem, and now it's been confirmed imo

aqua_duck

Coach
The way I look at it is, Overeem is better equipped to compete at HW by being in the 260lb vicinity that he's at. I don't know a natural bodybuilder who could put on the amount of weight he did in the time frame he did. I've long suspected something has been up with Overeem, and now it's been confirmed imo

Like I said 13-15kg isn't an impossible amount, Jack De Belin put on something like 9kg in the pre season, Overeem went from 225lbs or so to 250ish in his initial jump up and has slowly put on a few pounds here and there over the past 2 or 3 years.

Mateo Moi Moi

Juniors
Jones v Evans this weekend. Really looking forward to this fight. Obviously the history between these two makes it something extra special. I wonder if Evans knowledge of Jones will really help. I am expecting a very focused Jones to come out and looking to make an example of Evans. Can't wait for this one.

Jono078

Referee
I've had a few dreams about UFC fights that have turned out true, including down to Mazagatti getting a main event!

I had a dream about this one with Jones injuring his arm and Rashard capitalizes and gets a TKO victory.

Gotta put it out there, no use keeping it to myself.

Can't wait though!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts