What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here get into MMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Collateral

Coach
From what Ive heard, a Henderson V Edgar II fight should probably be up first before a new challenger enters the mix.

I like the idea of:

Henderson V Edgar II

Diaz V Miller Winner fights winner of:
Pettis V Maynard

shiznit

Coach
Watching the card on Wednesday even tho I know most results. Everyone think it's a card worth getting late?

Just on pettis. I really don't think he's earnt a shot yet. Put him in there against a Maynard or another top 3-5 fighter. Hasn't done enough to justify the rematch with bendo IMO. Will be epic when it does happen tho.

i think that Pettis getting the nod comes down to timing as much as anything... With Diaz & Miller due to headline UFC on Fox 3 in early May... you would be asking Bendo to sit on the shelf until about August... and thats assuming the winner of Diaz V Miller isnt hurt.

it would be better to book Pettis vs Bendo for late May and have the winner of Diaz vs Miller vs the LW champion in August.

shiznit

Coach
I thought Henderson won, no qualms with the outcome.

I agree Edgar should get a straight title shot at Aldo now.

Loving Mark Hunts run. I'm hoping he gets Roy Nelson next.

Im not so keen on seeing that... Nelson will beat him easily IMO... its such a bad stylistic match up for Hunt.

Nelson will get him down and either Sub him or put him in a mounted crucifix and elbow him until is over.

shiznit

Coach
I was thinking the same thing RE Hunt vs Nelson.

Nelson loves to get punched and Hunts weakness is his ground game.

Although I think they may want to push Hunt towards someone a lot higher in the HW division.

Mir maybe? Velasquez?? If he wins it makes a Overeem vs Hunt matchup very interesting with the K1 background (if Overeem beats Dos Santos that is).

thats probably not a good match up either... Cain wrestling is just too good. he will get him down easily and gnp him to death.

and as for Overeem... while striking wise it would be awesome... Overeem is no fool... he will take him down and sub him... which he has already done before.

shiznit

Coach
I haven't read that they want to push him up higher. I've read Pat Barry, that could be a good match but doesn't really elevate anyone.

Nelson makes sense to me, then after Nelson he can fight a top 5 guy.

yeah im hearing that too... the winner of Lavar Johnson v Pat Barry... which i agree with you will be a step down.

personally id like to see him fight Travis Browne... undefeated HW... drew with Kongo, KOed Stefan Struve with that crazy superman punch... and coming off a UD win against Rob Broughton.

this is that superman punch...
brownevsstruve3.gif

Mateo Moi Moi

Juniors
Mark Hunt had a good win and Kongo was definitely a step up in class from his previous UFC fights. I don't think he is ready to make the big leap to Mir or Velasquez. I don't think he is ready to step up and fight Nelson either.

I would love to see Mark Hunt fight the likes of Pat Barry, Stefan Struve, Brendan Schaub. The fight I would really like to see would be Mark Hunt vs Matt Mitrione.

Jono078

Referee
Just reading around..

Another opponent for Mark Hunt could be undefeated Travis Browne who is one of the rising stars of the heavyweight division. That would be a good kickboxing display.

I really do hope he can string some fights together to fight a top 5 guy. I think anything is possible for Hunt.

jc155776

Coach
Commission f**ked the scoring in McCall vs Johnson!! Was meant to be a draw and go to sudden victory but they screwed up! Huge error. McCall surely is guaranteed the next title fight.

Special K

Coach
Great day at the fights today. Damn I wish we saw a 4th round!! The crowd was mental at the end of the 3rd

Mateo Moi Moi

Juniors
Gee UFC 146 just got interesting. Big boys are coming out to play. JDS v Overeem for the title. Cain v Mir. Nelson v Big Foot Silva.

Throw in Hardy v Ludwig and Mayhem v Dollaway. Gonzaga is on the card, so is TUF 14 winner Diego.

Ram Man

Juniors
Gee UFC 146 just got interesting. Big boys are coming out to play. JDS v Overeem for the title. Cain v Mir. Nelson v Big Foot Silva.

Throw in Hardy v Ludwig and Mayhem v Dollaway. Gonzaga is on the card, so is TUF 14 winner Diego.

Also throw in Edson Barbosa who is probably in line to get knockout of the year with a Spinning Wheel Kick in his last fight not to mention he also has 2 fight of the Night Bonuses in his last 3 fights...he is up against Evan Dunham on the same card....this thing is looking to be a belter of a card!

Mateo Moi Moi

Juniors
Any of you guys watch the live Ultimate Fighter last week? Should make for an interesting series. I think the live aspect makes for some good television and better fights. Some solid looking fighters amongst the 16 too.

UFC 146 is an all Heavyweight main card. Love it! Just added - Mark Hunt is taking on the Skyscraper. Really looking forward to this card now.

Status
Not open for further replies.