What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here get into MMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ram Man

Juniors
Yeah bunch of guys from our academy were competing. Haven't been to training to find out how they went yet. Got mine delivered this afternoon. Playing it as we speak ha ha

Which academy are you at mate? Got my copy today trying to play it while my son wreaks havoc in the house....back to the thread topic...super pumped for UFC 144 on Sunday...absolutely brilliant card I cannot wait...hopefully foxtel get their shit together and fix my service!

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Gracie Humaita at campbelltown mate. Only been rolling for a month. Ha ha haven't stopped playin it since I got home.

Love Frankie and just about every fight could be sick. Been looking forward to seeing Edgar again since he smashed Maynard. Shields vs akiyama could be interesting. Hopefully shields doesn't try to strike.

Special K

Coach
I just read hunt has asked Dana to fight in Sydney lol.

Surely Frankie will get a rematch right away given he had to do that for BJ and Maynard. I bet the UFC takes the money and does Bendo/Showtime rematch. I hope not for Frankies sake as he put on a good fight today even after taking some huge shots. That up kick busted his face so bad!

shiznit

Coach
I just read hunt has asked Dana to fight in Sydney lol.

Surely Frankie will get a rematch right away given he had to do that for BJ and Maynard. I bet the UFC takes the money and does Bendo/Showtime rematch. I hope not for Frankies sake as he put on a good fight today even after taking some huge shots. That up kick busted his face so bad!
im not so sure... the BJ Penn rematch was because the decision of the first fight was razor tight... many people thought BJ won the first fight... and BJ was a dominant LW champion... for all that BJ did for the UFC LW division... he deserved that rematch.

the Maynard rematch was because they drew.

this fight was a unanimous decision... the judges had a pretty big gap between the two...

personally i didn't agree with the judges... i though Bendo won the fight... but i didn't think it was by a margin that big...

jc155776

Coach
Round by round breakdown the decision was spot on I think.

Frankie is just too small for LW now.

That said I was super impressed with how strong he was. Would not drain him at all to drop to 66kg.

Should be offered an immediate title shot with Also, noone has challenged Aldo really apart from Hominick.

Bring on Pettis vs Bendo

Jono078

Referee
I thought Henderson won, no qualms with the outcome.

I agree Edgar should get a straight title shot at Aldo now.

Loving Mark Hunts run. I'm hoping he gets Roy Nelson next.

jc155776

Coach
I was thinking the same thing RE Hunt vs Nelson.

Nelson loves to get punched and Hunts weakness is his ground game.

Although I think they may want to push Hunt towards someone a lot higher in the HW division.

Mir maybe? Velasquez?? If he wins it makes a Overeem vs Hunt matchup very interesting with the K1 background (if Overeem beats Dos Santos that is).

Great card, some nice Jiu Jitsu to open the show. The Boetsch comeback was amazing. Loved how Rampage came out to Pride music. Although I'm very disappointed to learn that he didn't make weight by a fair bit :(

I like Frankie Edgar and I was cheering him on, but I had Henderson winning the fight 49-46.

Jono078

Referee
I was thinking the same thing RE Hunt vs Nelson.

Nelson loves to get punched and Hunts weakness is his ground game.

Although I think they may want to push Hunt towards someone a lot higher in the HW division.

Mir maybe? Velasquez?? If he wins it makes a Overeem vs Hunt matchup very interesting with the K1 background (if Overeem beats Dos Santos that is).
I haven't read that they want to push him up higher. I've read Pat Barry, that could be a good match but doesn't really elevate anyone.

Nelson makes sense to me, then after Nelson he can fight a top 5 guy.

Special K

Coach
im not so sure... the BJ Penn rematch was because the decision of the first fight was razor tight... many people thought BJ won the first fight... and BJ was a dominant LW champion... for all that BJ did for the UFC LW division... he deserved that rematch.

the Maynard rematch was because they drew.

this fight was a unanimous decision... the judges had a pretty big gap between the two...

personally i didn't agree with the judges... i though Bendo won the fight... but i didn't think it was by a margin that big...
I agree Maynard and BJ earnt the rematches but I think Frankie has also by winning those fights and he did not get whooped. I thought Henderson won but without checking the stats it felt like Frankie landed more punches and take downs. I think Dana will offer him a Aldo title fight next to drop down and do Showtime/Bendo.

The LW division is ridiculous!

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Watching the card on Wednesday even tho I know most results. Everyone think it's a card worth getting late?

Just on pettis. I really don't think he's earnt a shot yet. Put him in there against a Maynard or another top 3-5 fighter. Hasn't done enough to justify the rematch with bendo IMO. Will be epic when it does happen tho.

Mateo Moi Moi

Juniors
I think if Nate Diaz wins against Miller, that will get him a title shot. I don't think Pettis has proved himself just yet. A Pettis v Maynard fight would be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts