What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here get into MMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
im way more pumped for 101. silva/forrest will be one of the best matches of all time, we all know how much of a good show anderson can put on when he fights someone who wants to fight. say what you want about forrest but he always brings the fight, never really backs away, and has a great chin.

Little striker

Juniors
I'm into MMA but I don't have foxtel to see the matches. I have to admit it's really interesting how the fighters use their skills or lack thereof of the adaptability of the skills they learnt in their training.

tokerShark

Juniors
im way more pumped for 101. silva/forrest will be one of the best matches of all time, we all know how much of a good show anderson can put on when he fights someone who wants to fight. say what you want about forrest but he always brings the fight, never really backs away, and has a great chin.
Yeah im looking forward to 101 just as much as 100, forrest is one of my favourite fighters, plus an aussie is on the undercard for 101, George Sotiropoulos from victoria is fighting Rob Emerson, i just hope they show it.
Does anyone know when season 10 of TUF starts? i heard Kimbo is in it

yawn

Juniors
Who has done the best reverse roundhouse kick in popular media?

Chuck Norris in Walker Texas Ranger?
Cameron Poe Character in Con Air?

teegy

Juniors
Yeah im looking forward to 101 just as much as 100, forrest is one of my favourite fighters, plus an aussie is on the undercard for 101, George Sotiropoulos from victoria is fighting Rob Emerson, i just hope they show it.
Does anyone know when season 10 of TUF starts? i heard Kimbo is in it
kimbo is in TUF 10 and the trainers are Rashad Evans and Quinton Jackson

Stonecutter

First Grade
Hectar Lombard is killing it in the US. Bellator Middlewieght champion. I don't think he flies under the Aussie flag anymore since leaving CFC.

Also do you think Australia has the MMA calibre type fighters to have a U.S.A vs Australia TUF? That would be awesome too watch.

tokerShark

Juniors
to answer my own question i just come across a date for TUF 10, september 16 on spike. hopefully fuel will pick it up around the same time.

tokerShark

Juniors
Hectar Lombard is killing it in the US. Bellator Middlewieght champion. I don't think he flies under the Aussie flag anymore since leaving CFC.

Also do you think Australia has the MMA calibre type fighters to have a U.S.A vs Australia TUF? That would be awesome too watch.
Id like to think so but i dont know much about the aussie scene, ive only been to one live event.
But it would be awesome if ufc came to australia, i heard acer arena were approached about a possiable february 2010 show.:pray:

AILD

Bench

wouldnt mind an AUS vs ENG series TBH.

AILD

Bench
f**k the yanks.

i know it wont happen...im just saying it would be good to see.

anyway in other MMA news...looks like Cro Cop will sign with the UFC.

UFC co-owner Lorenzo Fertitta has made Mirko 'CroCop' Filipovic "an offer he cannot refuse", according to a Croatian news portal.

Fertitta arrived in Zagreb, Croatia on a private plane this morning and proceeded straight to Filipovic's residence where the pair engaged in two hours of talks, according to Index.hr

"A source tells us that CroCop got an offer that is simply non-refusable," the article states. "CroCop will almost certainly look at the returning to the strongest MMA league in the world currently knows."

The news is surprising, not least because UFC president Dana White gave Filipovic a broadside when it was reported the Croatian had signed for Japanese promotion DREAM immediately after UFC 99.

But in an appearance on ESPN 1100 this week, it was put to White that Filipovic had "asked him not to be too harsh" in the press, a cryptic hint that there was more to the behind-the-scenes negotiations than have been apparent. White replied - equally crypitcally - "You're pretty good."

Filipovic had responded to the reports of the DREAM signing by saying nothing was yet determined, but pointed out he wanted to fight at intervals of less than six months, something the UFC had apparently not offered him.

But Index.hr is reporting that the UFC is offering Filipovic more favourable terms. This could include an agreement to offer him more frequent fights than were previously on the table.

Neither Filipovic nor the UFC has publicly commented on any new deal and Fighters Only is currently contacting European sources to try and find out more on today's report.
Filipovic is coming off a win over Mostapha Al-Turk at UFC 99 in Germany last month, his first fight for the organisation since 2007.

fightersonlymagazine.co.uk

Stonecutter

First Grade
would never happen wheres the interest for the american base?

CFC and some English promotion could come together. The interest in both countries I believe would be big if they market it properly.

I watched the best fight last night on the Ultimate Fighter 9 finale, Diego Sanchez Vs Clay Guida.

It was f**kin intense, the intros, the start to the fight, the lot!

I really recommend you watch this;

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=AU&h...&v=q4MqQsFGIVs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=AU&h...&v=q4MqQsFGIVs[/URL]

I've already seen this fight 3 times now. It was just amazing. The electricity "This is my house" was great. The fists flying at the start, it was anyones fight. The headkick that Clay copped and didn't get knocked out. Elbows by Sanchez when on his back. I only recently started regularly watching MMA and it was by far the best fight i've seen.

Last edited:

tokerShark

Juniors
Everyday at 2pm this week fuel channel is showing a 5 part series leading up to ufc 100. i missed part 1 monday IQ decided for some reason not to record it, hopefuly it records part 2 today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts