What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here get into MMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
not to mention kimbo got beaten by sean gannon who went to the ufc after beatin kimbo and fought a guy that hasn't won a fight int he ufc since and only 1 out of his last 5

fat_mike

Juniors
gets plenty of publicity, kimbo's well kown despite being not to crash hot. could go ok and if bas rutten has seen something in him then just maybe it could work out for UFC. doubtful but. Seth petrazelli from season 2 or 3 knocked him stupid in their fight and seth isnt anything even remotely special.

fat_mike

Juniors
yeah season 9 has been sh*thouse apart from seeing frank lester getting his teeth smashed out after demarques offered him $100 for each teeth frank could knock out of his opponent. classic

hendo and bispbing has been quite ordinary as coaches TBH.

season 9 has had some ok fights tho, however its really lacked a great BJJ fighter.

Bisping has continued to prove that hes a dick. Ive enjoyed Hendo, hes quiet, but when he speaks, hes said some funny sh*t.

If Franklin wins tomorrow, ill be more surprised then when Gonzaga beat Cro Cop.

Selachimorpha

Juniors
I've got Franklin by KO. Silva is pretty much shot physically and has made a habit of getting violently knocked out, Silva will come charging forward and Franklin will catch him sooner or later.

Outside of Wanderlei overwhelming Franklin Jardine-style in the first minute i don't see Silva winning this, even if Silva is getting the better of the fight standing Franklin shouldn't have much trouble taking Silva down and Arona'ing him to a decision if necessary. I'll gladly be wrong since Wanderlei winning opens up a bunch of interesting fights (Wanderlei-Anderson in particular), but i don't see it happening.

mozza91

Coach
i wouldn't mind seeing wandy getting rampaged again this time by franklin :)

There's a good chance especially with Rich being a southpaw but I think Wanderlei is gonna take control early he'll be super aggressive get him in the clinch and knee the sh*t out of him at least that's what I'm hoping will happen

AILD

Bench
pretty good fight well worth the main event tag, cro cop was funny dana blasted the sh*t outta him after the fight

Yeah was a good main event. what did dana say about cro cop? i caught the replay at 12:00 they didnt show anything.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
crop cop over the phone with dana said he would sign a 3 fight contract with the ufc and agreed with everything then after his fight last night he turned around and said hes signed with dream(Japan) and dana went off big time

Isn’t that a dirty f---ing thing to do?” White asked Yahoo's Kevin Iole. “He f---ed me. The first time in the history of the company I do [a verbal agreement] over the phone. He promised me a three-fight deal and he f---ed me.”

He fed me this bullsh*t about wanting to take a run for the title, and what I think he did was, he went out and did this," White told Iole. "He turned down every other f---ing fighter I offered him, because I needed him to fight Cain. He didn’t just poke Al-Turk; he poked me, too.”

AILD

Bench
fair enough i suppose. dana always tells it like it is. if cro crop wants to go fight over there so be it...the ufc is getting bigger and better if he wants to go to a lesser competition then its only going to hurt him.

tiburon

Juniors
pfft dana white is the biggest bullsh*t artist ever - most of the mma community knew cro cop had signed with dream a month or so before the fight. dana's reaction is just to try and save face and get out of admitting he made a mistake in not signing mirko to one of the usual ufc contracts

fat_mike

Juniors
cro cop boring? maybe lately but it'll only take one or 2 of the most deadliest head kicks in the sport to reignite the croatian.

thought 99 as a whole event was average. mainevent was boring to be honest. wandy looked gassed from about the 4th minute and rich is obviously taking everything anderson has taught him as gospel cos he barely looked looked to engage with wand and looked to counter the entire fight. cant see wand doing anything at 185 or rich at 205.

thankfully the next 2 events will be sick.

On a positive note cain velasquez looked decent

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
conga with a bigger prep woulda been better not the 2 and a bit weeks, the ppv was quiet honestly boring the main event wasn't too bad but far from great. and i cro cop can stay in dream... i dont really watch the Heavyweights they dont really interest me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts