What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone still want to sack Flanno?

Ads

First Grade
If bird comes back, there are theses players in the backs of note.

Holmes - FB/WG
Katoa - WG
Dugan - C/FB/WG
Morris - C
Bird - C/6

That’s 3 rep centres at different stages of career. Does getting bird back piss xerri right off.

Surely Birds days as a back are done. Edge backrow is his future. Replace Lewis or take Sorensen/Capewell spot as both are rank average.

Forget the timing ??

It's all about timing , sometimes 20yos don't want to wait but you don't drop an established player to accommodate their impatience.
peachey was patient.
very patient.
we could have offered him a tonne of gold and he wouldn't have stayed at the end. why?
players will stay and for less money.
this happens quite a bit.

Last edited:
From what was reported, Bird was offered more than Holmes, and Holmes is our highest paid player now meaning Dugan is on less.
from a recent article the top 5 paid players at the sharks are gal, wade, fifita, dugan, moylan.
top 5 players take up 40% of cap.

Hindsight is really 20/20 between Dillon and Williams and if Dillon was still getting picked ahead of Williams after both got a run I’d then question the coach’s perception. But Dillon’s record really meant he should have had first crack too.
Sorenson is an out and out edge forward, moving the lock, with graham, capewell, Lewis and Paulo already in the team would have made us really small
I can't comment on lower grade performance as I have not seen dillon play until debut.
size definitely comes into but from what I've seen of uele from his time before the sharks. he looked a better option in that case.

YTSharks

Juniors
from a recent article the top 5 paid players at the sharks are gal, wade, fifita, dugan, moylan.
top 5 players take up 40% of cap.

I can't comment on lower grade performance as I have not seen dillon play until debut.
size definitely comes into but from what I've seen of uele from his time before the sharks. he looked a better option in that case.
I don’t know about that article. Sounds dodgy because Holmes is definelty on more than Dugan, Moylan and Graham.

Uele was injured

sandshark

Bench
Anyone think Flanno will be chased by other clubs if not extended before the end of next season?
To be honest I only see him one club man.

YTSharks

Juniors
duges is on $750k.
found the article earlier.
what source tells you holmes is the highest paid?
From when he signed he’s current contract, it was the highest contract Wednesday offered a player at the time. Only to be topped by Bird’s
From what I had known Holmes’ was 750. So if Dugan is on that amount. It fits the story too I guess. Still less than what we offered Bird and a fair chunk lower than what he’s on at the broncos

Quigs

Immortal
I think Birdy's best year is behind him. It was a couple of years ago now.

He might still have a bit to offer but geeze his headspace must be a mess.

His attitude prior to leaving us left a lot to be desired, and now add to it, nothing but shit up in Creepin Jesus's city of dreams.

A bloke that thinks he is too good to attend special functions for team mates doesn't sit well with me.

So it is a big No from me.

I think Birdy's best year is behind him. It was a couple of years ago now.

He might still have a bit to offer but geeze his headspace must be a mess.

His attitude prior to leaving us left a lot to be desired, and now add to it, nothing but shit up in Creepin Jesus's city of dreams.

A bloke that thinks he is too good to attend special functions for team mates doesn't sit well with me.

So it is a big No from me.

You pretty much spelt it out Quigs but you’re too polite.

Bird is overrated, self centred, anti social, ungrateful, disrespectful, non clubman with a shocking attitude and not needed back at any price.

He can keep servicing his “Holy Grail” Wayne Bennett.

Quigs

Immortal
But at this very moment Birdy is the Creepin Jesus's least problems. Just imagine what the Donks would be like today if far-can Souffs had given them a touch up last night.

From when he signed he’s current contract, it was the highest contract Wednesday offered a player at the time. Only to be topped by Bird’s
From what I had known Holmes’ was 750. So if Dugan is on that amount. It fits the story too I guess. Still less than what we offered Bird and a fair chunk lower than what he’s on at the broncos
https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/02/13/shane-flanagan-lifts-lid-on-valentine-holmes-fullback-future/
holmes signed for 2m till 2020.
last year option in his favour.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/s...r/news-story/2ec84978a537c1a8bcdc2f78dadfd11a

end of may.

THE door is open for Ben Barba to return to Cronulla with Shane Flanagan declaring they have room in their roster even with Josh Dugan and Valentine Holmes.

“He’s a premiership-winning player for this club and if he wants to come back to Australia, we’ll look at it,” Flanagan said.

Edit:
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/aa7dca0bcb3a5c5f5002c0b516bbeebb

August.

“He’s a great player and he’s part of the club’s history. If we could get him back, we’d get him back. But it’s not possible with the club’s salary cap position we’re in at the moment.”

now we have no room?
how much is our bench prop rotation spot costing us?
the aggregate of both ava and woods.

Last edited:

YTSharks

Juniors
Appears as though I was mistaken. I’ll wear that. Still we didn’t pay more for Dugan then we would have Bird.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/s...r/news-story/2ec84978a537c1a8bcdc2f78dadfd11a

end of may.

THE door is open for Ben Barba to return to Cronulla with Shane Flanagan declaring they have room in their roster even with Josh Dugan and Valentine Holmes.

“He’s a premiership-winning player for this club and if he wants to come back to Australia, we’ll look at it,” Flanagan said.

Edit:
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/aa7dca0bcb3a5c5f5002c0b516bbeebb

August.

“He’s a great player and he’s part of the club’s history. If we could get him back, we’d get him back. But it’s not possible with the club’s salary cap position we’re in at the moment.”

now we have no room?
how much is our bench prop rotation spot costing us?
the aggregate of both ava and woods.
Reading between the lines, we do have the cap space but not the cap room. That is, we have other plans for the money