What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone still want to sack Flanno?

Sitting back after the game reading this dribble is a real laugh......Not the biggest fan of flannagan and really, many false dawns in my time as a fan, but we were on a hiding to nothing prior to the start of the same tonight and it was a miracle for a win.
Next few years will be tougher mes think, but good young cattle in the yard.
I can understand the frustration though, we develop a top standard nursery, but they get pilfered....that's life I guess....in saying that, how long can a team like Melbourne be up?

Billy Slater is most of Melbourne’s attack and the thing with Slater is he rarely has bad games.

There’s some talent to replace him but they are not as consistent and some are still far from the finished article.

Melbourne won’t be as tough to beat next year. Once Smith retires the year after they’ll be just another team.

Weaponhead

Coach
The flange was magnanimous in the press conference. Got the opportunity to bag Sutton and didn't take it. Batted hard for Slater.

He has done a good job agsin. Will need to refresh the squad as we do look old.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Billy Slater is most of Melbourne’s attack and the thing with Slater is he rarely has bad games.

There’s some talent to replace him but they are not as consistent and some are still far from the finished article.

Melbourne won’t be as tough to beat next year. Once Smith retires the year after they’ll be just another team.
Agreed - you can throw darts at any target and eventually hit, which most will be doing tonight and hey don't blame,. we expect more.....
I thing the coaches big test is next year, lack of senior players, new recruits etc - it will be interesting to watch

sandshark

Bench
The flange was magnanimous in the press conference. Got the opportunity to bag Sutton and didn't take it. Batted hard for Slater.

He has done a good job agsin. Will need to refresh the squad as we do look old.
I'd like to see him get some young guns and but he kind of has a proven record aging third choices.

ouryears

Bench

I doubt it
With Bellamy coaching they will always have ready made replacements coming through
Munster appeared from no where
Croft appears
Another Smith appeared
It’s endless
It’s a machine

ouryears

Bench
In a way I’d like to see him get a job at another Club.

Just so some of the fickle ungrateful fans that unfortunately exist at this Club can have something to really whinge about.

Ahhhhhh short f**king memories lol.
Madge got the sack, look at Souths now
Out in straight sets
Time to go

Stake Removed

First Grade

Would love to agree but the NRL will ensure they are always up in the race, 3-5 years bad results down there it will be ghost town crowd wise, the NRL wont let that happen, that is not fair

Card Shark

Immortal
I doubt it
With Bellamy coaching they will always have ready made replacements coming through
Munster appeared from no where
Croft appears
Another Smith appeared
It’s endless
It’s a machine

It is a machine.

For a team with no juniors, they just keep on keeping on.

They have not suffered the premiership hangover like every other team in 20 years.

Weaponhead

Coach
It is a machine.

For a team with no juniors, they just keep on keeping on.

They have not suffered the premiership hangover like every other team in 20 years.
They made the most of the endless supplies of news Ltd money in their early days to set up outstanding systems to identify and develop talent. To Flanges credit he is doing similar with a fraction of the resources.

shaggs

Coach
I think Flanno has done a good job setting up the systems for juniors and having all age groups on the same page, however I feel as though the actual game may have passed him by.

Perhaps the sharks will be better served with moving him into the development/recruitment/football manager type role. He can over see all of the programs and be the guy who keeps the plan for the future.

Newer younger coach like Morris with a Dave Howlett type as the assistant. Play some football. These guys know all the young blokes, they know the strengths and weaknesses.

We need the xerri’s and flanno’s to come through.
The aging slow side will continue to be there or thereabouts but run out of puff or start to have a thousand soft tissue injuries.
Next season must be used as a transition year. Bring young guys in whilst the experience is still around.

I’m concerned with Morris and Dugan as the centres. I love Duges effort but he is going to be more broken next year. Morris is always minutes away from breaking down. Has been for years. How many games will gal get through.
Prior ain’t a spring chicken.
Holmes is likely gone.
Chad will be drifting sideways. Has he peaked as a footballer. I believe so.
Katoa wasn’t much to be in awe about.
Feki is rocks or diamonds.
Moylan needs a sports psych. His defensive efforts were great in the later part, but with the ball it was always too little.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I think Flanno has done a good job with the juniors, every year he brings someone up.

Holmes, Bird
Brailey
Ramien

The host of unwanted, Lewis, Fifita, Prior, Woods, Lee all playing thier best.

I think the younger Brailey will be next years success.

Weaponhead

Coach
All good points I guess but I want him sacked for backing Slater.
Should have just no commented that one. Stood up for the fans after last year's semi and got wacked. No Sharks fan gives a flying about Slater. f**king grub.

No need to play nice guys. It doesn't suit anymore.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Should have just no commented that one. Stood up for the fans in last year's semi. No Sharks gives a flying about Slater. f**king grub.

No need to play nice guys. It doesn't suit anymore.

Lewis as well. Print media journos, televsion journos, radio journos, ex players, ex coaches. Yeah, everyone can say they are all “experts” so may be right about Slater but they are all fekkin wrong. He broke the rules and should be rubbed out. Retire as a suspended grub.

This whole boys club attitude shits me. This is why the game doesn’t advance. If that shoulder charge is allowed to go unpunished then They may as well delete the rule and make it a free for all. Thats the precendent that will be set. The loss of credibility will be enormous

Makes me nauseus to think that the powers that be in hidden corridors under cones of silence are collaborating now to get that slimy, grubby cutie off a charge.

Eion

First Grade
Wow. Key outs, we make the gf qualifier,and the advice is to sack the coach for an untested bloke. Mental

Weaponhead

Coach
Lewis as well. Print media journos, televsion journos, radio journos, ex players, ex coaches. Yeah, everyone can say they are all “experts” so may be right about Slater but they are all fekkin wrong. He broke the rules and should be rubbed out. Retire as a suspended grub.

This whole boys club attitude shits me. This is why the game doesn’t advance. If that shoulder charge is allowed to go unpunished then They may as well delete the rule and make it a free for all. Thats the precendent that will be set. The loss of credibility will be enormous

Makes me nauseus to think that the powers that be in hidden corridors under cones of silence are collaborating now to get that slimy, grubby cutie off a charge.
No doubt he gets off. Absolute certainty. They will invent some reason why but it was a textbook shoulder charge. Tucked the arm and made no attempt to use an arm. Was not a body check.

Tough to miss his last game and gf but don't be a f**king grub.

shaggs

Coach
Remember slater was the guy who forced a rule change due to sliding in with the feet.

If you are all happy with nearly there every year then Flanno is the man. All clubs need a freshen up, but I think he is done as a premiership winner.

He can spend the off season overhauling his thoughts and style and prove me wrong next year. But if nothing changes we are a week 2 finals team at best.

PJ

First Grade
Would love to agree but the NRL will ensure they are always up in the race, 3-5 years bad results down there it will be ghost town crowd wise, the NRL wont let that happen, that is not fair
Absoutely correct.

I have to go down there regularly and there is sfa interest in nrl.