What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone still want to sack Flanno?

Card Shark

Immortal
They made the most of the endless supplies of news Ltd money in their early days to set up outstanding systems to identify and develop talent. To Flanges credit he is doing similar with a fraction of the resources.

Flanno has turned heaps of youngsters into good footballers but can he turn them into accomplished first graders, like Bellamy.

I reckon he will really get the fruits from his work in the next 5 years.

I doubt it
With Bellamy coaching they will always have ready made replacements coming through
Munster appeared from no where
Croft appears
Another Smith appeared
It’s endless
It’s a machine

Smith & Slater will be immortals.

You reckon there’s more future immortals coming through at the Storm.

Good Luck with that.

It is a machine.

For a team with no juniors, they just keep on keeping on.

They have not suffered the premiership hangover like every other team in 20 years.

It’s coming Cardy.

Storm without Slater next year will take a lot of their attacking smarts away.

Sniff retiring the next season they lose so much in so many different areas it’s not funny.

Bellamy will probably call it quits in the next 5 years or so and then you lose the Storms DNA.

I am also thinking Munster may leave. I don’t think that’s a lock once Slater & Smiff retire. He might see a better playing future elsewhere and has butter heads with Bellamy before.

Generalzod

Immortal
Flanno has turned heaps of youngsters into good footballers but can he turn them into accomplished first graders, like Bellamy.

I reckon he will really get the fruits from his work in the next 5 years.
I think your a bit hard on Flanno there Card, Just look at what Melbourne Storm spend on football operations and look at our club, You just have to look at Bellamy in his coaches box his got more disciples than Jesus Christ.

Card Shark

Immortal
I’m not being hard on Flanno.

I reckon he’s done a great job in uniting the club & bringing through the juniors.

I want him around a few more years to see if he can turn those youngsters into quality first graders.

IMO, he’s 2nd to Bellamy in getting the best out of players....Bellamy is leaps & bounds ahead of most.

Generalzod

Immortal
Yeh but it works!

It’s a reflection of his strive for perfection!

Lifts the whole club to another level.
Perfection you say the bloke ruined Rugby league with chicken wing tackles the wrestle and the NRL allowed only say they can make Melbourne competitive in an ASFL town, the Storm in Melbourne could win a 100 premiership more no f**king cares in Melbourne.

Reactions: PJ

Special K

Coach
We need new ideas. We have a great roster, talent in the lower grades but we have old school thinking with minimal risk taking or development planning. Prove me wrong in 2019 flanno.

Stake Removed

First Grade
I have confidence in Flanno we have never been this strong as a club, for years we were happy just to make the finals now we expect to be there, and in the top 4.

Remember when we won the presidents cup with Peach/Rogers then our juniors went into wilderness, now the juniors each year in finals and winning.

Our reserves in finals and winning.

Remember when we had an injury and we litterally panicked who the hell would get selected, now Flanno seems 9/10 player comes in does his job.

We had to pay overs to get players here, now they want to come here, and remember some of those purchases players teams didnt want but we still had to pay overs and watch them flop

Now our juniors get poached, thats how good they are, we had to go out and try that, we would buy remember Filiga on monster money dud.
Since Flanno arrived we have never had this much success yes the ASADA issue, but what that did was make the club stronger, its the world against us, the New Orleans Saints in a way had same issue when coach put bounty on other teams Sean Payton he is still there coach, like us they had won nothing till this guy came along.

And look this year, every grade down to the u16's in finals 2 of them in the Grand finals, all this is the house Flanno has built.

Flannoball is part of the australian language, the Prime Minister will preach flanno ball going forward, you watch WWE events and fans in crowd with Shark jerseys this is all Flanno, if this was Roman times he would have statue built.

Surely

Post Whore
We lost the other night because we didn't play flanno ball

We went side to side to side

Lewie made more metres backwards and Andy more metres sideways.

The storm just slid one way then back the other and their forwards expended f**kall energy.

Eion

First Grade
Bellamy is a psycho
Did you see him lose it when one of his players dropped the ball.

About 20 out from our line
The game was over almost

f**king wouldn’t know how to have a good time in Disneyland that merkin.
The great thing about Bellamy is being a psycho, but somehow never losing the team despite that intensity.

Frenzy.

Immortal
We need new ideas. We have a great roster, talent in the lower grades but we have old school thinking with minimal risk taking or development planning. Prove me wrong in 2019 flanno.

Yes

I have confidence in Flanno we have never been this strong as a club, for years we were happy just to make the finals now we expect to be there, and in the top 4.

Disagree. When Lang was coach we expected to make the finals. I thin we did 7/8 times under him. Made the SL GF under Lang as well. It was stale by the time he left.

The defining difference is that Pissflap won a premiership. There was also a wooden spoon in there even though his coaching was “remote”

I feel it is getting stale again. I would give him, Pissflap that is, 2019 only at this stage. A club can’t hang it’s hat on loyalty forever. There will ALWAYS be a time when change has to be made. I can see this side missing the 8 next year. Lewis gone. Graham wont get an off season and will come back mid/late first third of the season. I was OK with Gallen running around but I now think that tap on the shoulder that phuqued his shoulder is a worry. Loots, Cedric going. Holmes probably. The club is entering re build now! Pissflap will fail in a re build by trying to maintain Flannoball with too many new troops.

Remember when we won the presidents cup with Peach/Rogers then our juniors went into wilderness, now the juniors each year in finals and winning.

Well, Adam Dykes, Sean Ryan, Wade Forrester, Nick Graham, Dean Triester and Adam Ritson found wilderness in first grade. Then the club practically went broke again and had to align with SuperLeague to survive.

Our reserves in finals ryand winning.

Remember when we had an injury and we litterally panicked who the hell would get selected, now Flanno seems 9/10 player comes in does his job.

We had to pay overs to get players here, now they want to come here, and remember some of those purchases players teams didnt want but we still had to pay overs and watch them flop

Yes, Pissflap’s major achievement outside the premiership was the canny recruitment.

Now our juniors get poached, thats how good they are, we had to go out and try that, we would buy remember Filiga on monster money dud.

Everyone’s juniors get poached. The CSDJRL is weak now. We poach as many as anyone else. Kennedy and Trindall, 2 of the most exciting lower graders are poached. Addo-Carr, who we bemoan is at the Storm, was poached from Souths in the first place.
Thats just how it is, it is a poach-a-thon

Although the cultur is now more about winning the one rock solid foundation to culture we still have to break is to get hard nosed about letting go when Einstein’s theory of insanity is emerging. It is emerging now

Craigshark

First Grade
I like Flanno but I think next year is his biggest test. Lots of players leaving, not many coming, can he retain Holmes or at least sign a decent replacement like Munster etc. I have a horrible feeling we might be in for a few lean years if we don’t sign a couple of quality players and refresh the game plan.

Will he let Brailey run and kick next year instead of defend his backside off for 50 odd minutes before being replaced? Unleash him. If he doesn’t have it, then welcome to First Grade Blake.

shadowboxer

First Grade
I like Flanno but I think next year is his biggest test. Lots of players leaving, not many coming, can he retain Holmes or at least sign a decent replacement like Munster etc. I have a horrible feeling we might be in for a few lean years if we don’t sign a couple of quality players and refresh the game plan.

Will he let Brailey run and kick next year instead of defend his backside off for 50 odd minutes before being replaced? Unleash him. If he doesn’t have it, then welcome to First Grade Blake.

I’ve made the point earlier about a few tough years and most are of the belief our positive junior results should see us through. Im all for it, but it isn’t going to be an easy ask. Example is the Jets GF debacle today, ok not all in line for sharks call up, but the likes of flanno jnr were not inspiring at all and pretty much threw the game away by poor management, idiot decisions and not stepping up.
Bitterly disappointed jets fan

Latest posts