What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone upset that we lost Norman?

Big_Dave (I assume thats you), you know I'm a fan of yours as I enjoy good trolling from time to time and you have had some good moments. But "Wank_Slime" tarnishes your trolling legacy. All I'm saying is pick your spots.

WarriorDefence

Juniors
He's just trying to get more money- doesn't wanna leave- panthers are willing to match what he's asking( $400,000 believe or not) but he doesn't really want to move there. eels is just media speculation

Boy

Juniors
i cant understand the kemp bashing
i reckon a bit more fitness training and he will be just as good as 08

norman to fullback
give parra hoffman instead

jakepearce94

Juniors
Kemp is in your top 17? f**king tough days indeed.
kemp is a great player, just needs to improve his work under the cross field bomb.

I haven't ever seen an official source for this. Last I saw couriermail said the Broncos were trying to retain him.
second that!

We are all sick of you, just f*** off this forum is useless because if you, seriously admins what do you actually do??? Get rid of him
second that

He's just trying to get more money- doesn't wanna leave- panthers are willing to match what he's asking( $400,000 believe or not) but he doesn't really want to move there. eels is just media speculation
he is not worth that much ! no way in the world 200k max!

Big Pete

Referee
Has it been confirmed?

I don't know what to make of it. I didn't rate Norman as highly as the coaching staff but I was willing to give him this year to convince me. If it's true, I wish him luck and the Eels luck but I don't know if it's the wisest decision.

He certainly is a prospect and has talent but I honestly think he lacks instincts. To me, it's the worst flaw a half could have and it's absolutely hurt the careers of players like Seymour, T. Smith & Dureau. A lot of people tend to point to him as this NYC superstar, but if anything, his time in the Under 20's actually counts against him. The only time he ever lead what was actually a pretty good Broncos squad to a final was in 2009 and I'd dare say Ben Hunt played a big role in that.

Reidy87

Juniors
Have the Eels gone mad? $460k!!

Goes to show how quickly times have changed when only a few years ago (3 or 4 perhaps) a premier player like JT would command around $500-600k and today JT signs for 1.25m a season and Norman - who hasn't done sh*t since his debut, get close to half a million a season..

My view is that he plays Q Cup for the rest of the year. It may seem harsh, but why halt the development of one of our own players?

Last edited:

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
This is very strange indeed. Please correct me if I am wrong but wouldn't Kelley and Roberts be ahead of him at the Eels? Can't honestly see why they would spend this much money.

I'm a bit torn about this. On the one hand, I think Norman lacks the speed to play fullback and the vision to be in the halves. I think he has talent, but I don't immediately see where he fits on a footy field. On the other hand, it's a bad sign that Norman goes chasing the money and doesn't repay Hooks faith in him.

Playing for the Broncos just seems so unattractive, and it's getting worse by the day. My faith in Hook in lowering as time goes by as well.

If this whole thing is true then I'd be dropping him straight to QLD cup. It's time that Ben Hunt gets his chance in the halves. And by chance, I mean the same one that Norman was afforded. I don't have 100% confidence in Hunt, but do feel at the very least he deserves his chance.

Hunt/Prince in the halves with Wallace as back-up hooker. Hoffman back to fullback I suppose.

blaza88z

Coach
i'm not so deluded to expect Hayne but whoever it is, it has to be a speedy back or a decent prop

Latest posts