What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ANZAC day game against the Roosters

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Lateral again due to mountain of tackling.
We can't poke through the advantage line which sends the attack sideways due to fatigue.
Easy pickings.
I know we are considerably off the mark from the top 12 teams but blind Freddie can see we are coached differently. Our shape goes out the window after 5 minutes of the blowtorch.
Our defence is miles better than last year but still not up to the standards being set by a few of the better sides.
Our respect for possession is poor as is our ownership and regret of giving away penalties.
It doesn't hurt them enough to not repeat it.
Bugger

There is a lot of truth in what you have put on here and you have just about summed up our position this year ...just on a personal note could you use another line other than blind Freddie...I listened to enough of his gaff on the sideline during the game thanks......

possm

Coach
Too many mistakes...too many penalties...forwards are too small...easy as that

Yes your right however, the main problem is the coach. No doubt in my mind that the Kangaroo side would lose if coached by Price.

Structure in attack and defence went missing again.
Soft up the middle in defence again.

Dice Price

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Yep I agree, my comment was in reference to the fact that everyone knows our forwards are not up to it except the coach and recruitment team
I think the coach tried, it was a big bench for us. But in comparison we were always up against it. The mobility was there and I suspect they were hoping for a win through that, but we lost the middle ground before half time.

Rob Dragon

Juniors
Blood Shot Eyes

I was about to hit the new thread button until I read your summation:

I'm afraid unless we get a new coach 2 props and a half back in that order we can expect much of the same disappointment in 2014......

Spot on mate!

How bad is Michael Witt? He was terrible as a 23 year old so why would he be better as a 30 year old?

Props? Dan Hunt? Seriously terrible.

The Coach? Before the game he was interviewed by Andrew Johns and he made the following comment about the Anzac Day Match (hang on to your hat now).

Price..." At the start of the season all of the Dragon players look at the draw to see when the Anzac Day match is on".

Steve, Anzac Day is on April 25th every year mate. That will do me!

I read today that he was dragged off the wharfs by Nathan Brown. Now it all makes sense.

Dragon Blood

Juniors
Our centres, didn't lose the game.
We lost it up front.
Period.

I agree with you 1000 % TS, it was just a passing comment. I like Beale but being accustomed to Coops and Gaz in the past is what i was meaning. e.g. the SKD try tonight. I feel we don't have a breakaway centre that can bust the line and put our two best wingers in the world away for a try.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
There's a mental toughness our team is lacking and we are constantly found out as soon as there is a drop ball. At lease twice players froze and watched refs instead of the opposing players.

Spot on...their second try summed the whole game up. Instead of playing to the whistle these dopes waited for the ref to blow the whistle. This to me shows that they aren't up for the game

Elias1983

Coach
I've posted this stat in 2 other threads in jubilee ave because I simple can't believe it...

Roosters running metres 1831

Dragons 1182

Fmd...

Dezziedc

Juniors
Why is that Dezzie?

because it seems we lose more often than we win when I wear my jersey when we play on free to air. It's a bad luck charm. when it's on free to air I specifically go and wear my jersey - I'm thinking I just need to wear whatever I have on when we are on free to air. I'll keep you posted....

mmap dragons

Juniors
So much for the BS about defending as they did in the Bennett era. 34 points conceded and just on 30 missed tackles.

They have no go forward. Haven't had it thus far even on the back of four wins. Back-rowers playing front-row. Although Horse was past his prime, Price had the foresight to replace him with reserve graders that will never be up to FG standard.

That effort stinks of mediocrity, Circa 2012/2013.

Mickthedragon

Juniors
Bad performance again and dominated in the forwards again, but it's the roosters and souths that are signing all the new players up front so go figure, I hope we do something soon about this or it will just continue on.

giboz71

First Grade
Our centres, didn't lose the game.
We lost it up front.
Period.

As is the case every time we lose. And will continue to be the case.

As a side note.. I said we'd lose by 20 if we got rolled in the forwards again. Turned out to be prophetic :)

Latest posts