What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ANZAC day game against the Roosters

Dezziedc

Juniors
Forwards couldn't match it. Obvious where we're lacking.

This is it here. And the play the ball. We just can't stop the roll up the middle. We get 3 in the tackle - great. But when they play the ball, we have 1 at marker and 2 still getting up from the tackle. It is hopeless.

Mr Red

First Grade
pricey master stroke to have Dugan in the front line defending for the first four or so tackles each set, trying to add extra defence up the middle since our forwards are soft... This ploy cost us two tries today as Dugan was missing in action twice...

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
A heartless display on this day where we celebrate the braveness of so many. Totally inept in every department ... Crap attack and defence. Like watching under 10s play men the way the roosters belted us up the middle....
Roosters never got out of 3rd gear yet still way too much skill for us..
Zero creativity ... Pathetic
Totally embarrassed by what I saw today... Shit dished up and served . If that's not enough to sack Price I don't know what is..

I totally agree ..it was like boys playing against men.....irrespective of any sus calls that went against us we were never in the contest after the first 10 mins....imo it was a bottom 3 side playing a top 3 team....why we continued to put the ball in the air against 2 of the best wingers in the air is beyond me and just reinforces that Price you havnt got a clue when it comes to game plan and structure...give it away now and give us back our team......

Dezziedc

Juniors
I totally agree ..it was like boys playing against men.....irrespective of any sus calls that went against us we were never in the contest after the first 10 mins....imo it was a bottom 3 side playing a top 3 team....why we continued to put the ball in the air against 2 of the best wingers in the air is beyond me and just reinforces that Price you havnt got a clue when it comes to game plan and structure...give it away now and give us back our team......

to be fair, they did the same. And we have probably the best 2 wingers in the air compared to anyone else.

Two of the better wingers in the game that never get the ball or when they do they are so jammed up they have no where to go.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
to be fair, they did the same. And we have probably the best 2 wingers in the air compared to anyone else.

That's true but we were never in control of the game at any stage like they were...even Johns commented that we needed to put the ball on the ground....

Lateral again due to mountain of tackling.
We can't poke through the advantage line which sends the attack sideways due to fatigue.
Easy pickings.
I know we are considerably off the mark from the top 12 teams but blind Freddie can see we are coached differently. Our shape goes out the window after 5 minutes of the blowtorch.
Our defence is miles better than last year but still not up to the standards being set by a few of the better sides.
Our respect for possession is poor as is our ownership and regret of giving away penalties.
It doesn't hurt them enough to not repeat it.
Bugger

Mr Red

First Grade
I said forwards Red. We had a big bench but Easts were bigger. We were simply whacked close to the ruck.

Yep I agree, my comment was in reference to the fact that everyone knows our forwards are not up to it except the coach and recruitment team

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I'm afraid unless we get a new coach 2 props and a half back in that order we can expect much of the same disappointment in 2014......:(

TruSaint

Referee
Lateral again due to mountain of tackling.
We can't poke through the advantage line which sends the attack sideways due to fatigue.
Easy pickings.
I know we are considerably off the mark from the top 12 teams but blind Freddie can see we are coached differently. Our shape goes out the window after 5 minutes of the blowtorch.
Our defence is miles better than last year but still not up to the standards being set by a few of the better sides.
Our respect for possession is poor as is our ownership and regret of giving away penalties.
It doesn't hurt them enough to not repeat it.
Bugger

Good review Commissioner.
Today was a true review of where we are at.
Ball control, discipline and attitude.

Dezziedc

Juniors
I said forwards Red. We had a big bench but Easts were bigger. We were simply whacked close to the ruck.

Easily this. I have no doubt that the telling stat will be how many fast play the balls roosters had compared to ours.

So many times we had 1 marker or 2 players out of 3 tacklers still laying in the ruck.

Its the quick play the ball that is killing us.

Latest posts