What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ANZAC day game against the Roosters

Dorsai

Juniors
We will get rolled week in week out whilst the defence sits and waits for the attacking players to reach them. Large players with a head of steam will make an impact. Add the poor tackling style currently being adopted by our players and we will leak points continually. Stop them running and it will even up the weight difference. At least that would be a start.

possm

Coach
We will get rolled week in week out whilst the defence sits and waits for the attacking players to reach them. Large players with a head of steam will make an impact. Add the poor tackling style currently being adopted by our players and we will leak points continually. Stop them running and it will even up the weight difference. At least that would be a start.

And why do you think our players are waiting in defence?
Why were they so ordinary in attack?
Why did they make about 700 less running metres?
Why was their kicking game so poor?
Why ................................?

Because Price is the coach and he hasn't got a clue.

Last edited:

Dragon Blood

Juniors
Why did they make about 700 less running metres?

Dezziedc

Juniors
Why di they make about 700 less running metres?

Have you ever played the game before possm? And have you even looked at the stats from the other games? In the games we win, we make more meters. And at least in one we lost, we were pretty close in the meters we made. We have problems in the forwards. That is a given. And guarantee, if we can slow that play the ball down or at least get our players in position before they play the ball, we are in with a real chance. The opposition play the ball and our play the ball speed are the issues we need to address.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
There's a mental toughness our team is lacking and we are constantly found out as soon as there is a drop ball. At lease twice players froze and watched refs instead of the opposing players.

mate I think our team just lacks mental toughness period and has done so for the last few years....if you look at other teams dis regarding size shape etc , they all run with aggression and purpose...you can see it in their eyes and their general disposition on the field...sadly most of our blokes just seem to go through the motions and that's why we struggle to compete for the full 80 mins

Last edited:

Dragon Blood

Juniors
Have you ever played the game before possm? And have you even looked at the stats from the other games? In the games we win, we make more meters. And at least in one we lost, we were pretty close in the meters we made. We have problems in the forwards. That is a given. And guarantee, if we can slow that play the ball down or at least get our players in position before they play the ball, we are in with a real chance. The opposition play the ball and our play the ball speed are the issues we need to address.

Sounds like a coaching blunder

Dezziedc

Juniors
mate I think our team just lacks mental toughness period and has done so for the last few years....if you look at other teams dis regarding size shape etc , they all run with aggression and purpose...you can see it in there eyes and their general disposition on the field...sadly most of our blokes just seem to go through the motions

I agree. This is definitely a Price issue. I think he is too soft in this department. I also think this is a Creagh issue. He needs to be tougher on the field. I don't think there is the leadership on the field that we need.

Dragon Blood

Juniors
I agree. This is definitely a Price issue. I think he is too soft in this department. I also think this is a Creagh issue. He needs to be tougher on the field. I don't think there is the leadership on the field that we need.

Especially when Witt is the one questioning calls

mmap dragons

Juniors
Mate out of interest who said that?

Trent Merrin I do believe in a pre-season article in the DT Red. I'm sure it may have been around the time of the pre-season dawn training article (the one with the image of them doing boxing drills). I distinctly remember the quote though. From memory I don't think there was a reference to Bennett though, Just the successful era.

The Enforcer

Juniors
Same old story of having either no size in the forwards, no mongrel or both. Jeremy Smith, Beau Scott we miss you.

possm

Coach

Yes I played from right back when teams were graded on weight rather than age (juniors 6-17 yr olds) and continued playing until I was 35. Played at halfback most of the time and stuck my head in the scrum as hooker later on in my 30s.

Coached at junior level for a few years when my elder son was playing. But don't claim to be a great player or a particularly good coach; I did both because I enjoyed doing it.

So I am now about to turn 60 and have followed the Dragons all my life and rarely missed going to a game or watching it on TV. I don't claim to be an expert but do like to put my point of view. I don't mind if people don't agree with me.

Dragon Blood

Juniors
Bottom line is we have a 1 2 5 6 13 and nothing else with a couch that is cheap and nasty ..almost like a chinese t-shirt on an imported container.... Maybe a deed poll appointment for a name change to Steve Chong

StgeorgeDragons

Juniors
I was at the game. We just kept getting steam rolled through the middle, they just made so many meters!

the stats

Dragons - 1201 meters
Roosters - 1800 meters

that is all

Dezziedc

Juniors
I was at the game. We just kept getting steam rolled through the middle, they just made so many meters!

the stats

Dragons - 1201 meters
Roosters - 1800 meters

that is all
Play the ball - look at it. We lay in it, we have 1 marker, we have 2 still getting up. Look at theirs, the have 2 almost every time. Play the ball is a problem.

TheRev

First Grade

the stats

Dragons - 1201 meters
Roosters - 1800 meters

that is all

This is the stat, every week we are obliterated in the metres gained.. its amazing that we have won as many games we we have, because we are being flogged thru the middle.

Latest posts