What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ANZAC DAY MATCH: St George Illawarra Dragons vs Sydney Roosters *Live Updates*

Danish

Referee
Holy crap!! You hit me with a gay joke!!

Your originality and wit astound me. At least save me from the wrath of a "your mum" joke, i dont think i could handle that sort of pasting.....

idiot

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
GoTheBears said:
I'm, sorry, but why would you call the Roosters the Rorters??? Yours is the club that was 1-2 million over the cap and subsequently lost 37 competition points. Just seems a tad hypocritical to me.

LOL. It's a colloquial term used by people describing a club they dislike.

Thanks for enlightening me about the Salary Cap Rort, I had no idea :roll:

gregstar

Referee
Danish said:
Holy crap!! You hit me with a gay joke!!

Your originality and wit astound me. At least save me from the wrath of a "your mum" joke, i dont think i could handle that sort of pasting.....

idiot
damn! a mum joke was next!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Mr Saab said:
Yeah, but that was alot different to "Timmo" who slowed down the play with the chooks on the attack. Very low act.
Santa also milked one the same as "sponge"....but IMO "Timmo's" action was a low act.
Mr Saab said:
Nice milk from good ole Timmo. Injured my a$$
Willow said:
Charlie, I think he was worried about his neck. We might hear more about it later.
Here you go Charlie... quotes are from Shaun Timmins

The moment Timmo's world turned upside down
By TIM KEEBLE
April 27, 2006
http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/articles/2006/04/26/1145861420817.html

"I went in for a tackle and hit someone's hip right on my neck and shoulder. My whole body went numb"

"I couldn't feel my arm or legs for a second and then everything went all tingly in my body. I was pretty dazed at first and it was a bit scary. (Dragons medical staff) were a bit worried because it was my neck, but after a couple of seconds the tingling went away and after a minute or two it went back to normal."

Seems to be a few people like innsaneink and yourself thought Timmo was playing possum. You went as far to say it was a 'low act'. Looks like you called that one wrong. Like I said, he didnt look right to me. I base this on what I saw in TV, the look on Timmins' face, the referee stopping play immediately, and the players (including the opposition) giving Timmins and the medical staff some space. They all knew something was up.

I know you were an apologist for Webcke's spear tackle a while back, but if a player thinks he might have busted his neck, then surely he should stay down.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
Your Beautifull , Your Beaaautifull its true....saw your faace in a crowded place, and dont no what to do.

Pretty much sums it up if you ask me, Roosters and Dogs fans - both whingers.

Danish

Referee
Didnt Clinton come out after the "high tackle" he received (the one where he took a blatant dive) declaring he was concussed etc?? I believe he even stated he had a black eye from the hit he received around the jaw.

I also believe McCrae and Richardson declared that Walker would be out for weeks because of the heavy concussion he received in the Morley incident..... failing to mention the fact his knee had buckled running into that tackle, the real cause of his stint on the sidelines.

I'm sure Anasta and Barrett will also both tell you some sob story that they were geniunely hurt when they went down. Hell even Ben Kennedy swears he never took a dive during SOO last year.

What i'm saying is quite often footy players a full of sh*t.

Timmins took a knock in a tackle. His head made contact with Harrisons torso. It no doubt dazed him for a bit but the rule is to send him out back and continue play. Awfully lucky it happened on the last tackle right when st george needed to get set. Even luckier it happened to another player the set prior, again on the last.

Players take dives all the time in this day and age. Its a sad part of the game and really, until there is some sort of policy introduced that players who medical staff claim were "knocked out" are forced from the field for safety precautions (completely reasonable) it wont stop.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
So Danish, you're saying that Timmins is lying?

Danish said:
but the rule is to send him out back and continue play.
Which rule is this? It was a possible neck injury, not a cramp.

How do you suggest a player is quickly shuffled aside or 'sent out back' when he is numb from the neck down and can't move?

The ref had to stop play.

Danish

Referee
Willow said:
So Danish, you're saying that Timmins is lying?

Which rule is this? It was a possible neck injury, not a cramp.

How do you suggest a player is quickly shuffled aside or 'sent out back' when he is numb from the neck down and can't move?

The ref had to stop play.

If a player is numb from the neck down, then surely it is in his best medical interest to leave the field for a proper check up rather than to have a quick 2 minute examination and be back in the tackling line??

You'd think it would be an OH&S issue for St George. If a player is knocked out like timmins, it should be mandatory. If his injury was as serious as he made out there is no way a trainer could give him a solid "ok" to carry on playing.

What i'm saying is that by enforcing a rule that they be made to leave the field and get the ok by an NRL doctor to protect the safety of players which are said to have been knocked out or worse (as in timmins case), we might see less players having a lie down unless they are geniunely hurt.

Whether timmins is hurt or not is something i wont continue arguing. But we all know that players are continually hitting the deck in oscar-winning performances these days and it needs to be stopped.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Danish said:
If a player is numb from the neck down, then surely it is in his best medical interest to leave the field for a proper check up rather than to have a quick 2 minute examination and be back in the tackling line??
Perhaps you would like him to evaporate into thin air. Play still had to be stopped.
Danish said:
You'd think it would be an OH&S issue for St George. If a player is knocked out like timmins, it should be mandatory. If his injury was as serious as he made out there is no way a trainer could give him a solid "ok" to carry on playing.
Timmins made the call and the med staff (who know more about it than you or I) let him get up. I personally was pleased for the guy when I saw him sitting upright.
Meanwhile some dills were sitting at home in their armchairs calling it a 'low act'.
I ask again, do you think Timmins is lying?
Danish said:
What i'm saying is that by enforcing a rule that they be made to leave the field and get the ok by an NRL doctor to protect the safety of players which are said to have been knocked out or worse (as in timmins case), we might see less players having a lie down unless they are geniunely hurt.
No, what you actually said was:

"It no doubt dazed him for a bit but the rule is to send him out back and continue play. Awfully lucky it happened on the last tackle right when st george needed to get set. Even luckier it happened to another player the set prior, again on the last."

Which makes no sense. Sounds like you were more pissed off with the try not being scored.

Its especially ironic considering the amount of times Easts players were laying all over Saints players.

Bottom line is the rules are also there to protect players. There was every indication that something wasn't right with Timmins and everyone stopped for a moment to err on the side of caution.

If there is a rule which says a player with a possible neck injury should leave the field because Easts might score a try, then play would still have to be stopped. By clearing himself of injury, Timmins actually got play underway quicker than if the medi-cab came onto the field.
Try arguing against that.
Danish said:
Whether timmins is hurt or not is something i wont continue arguing.
Considering your contradictions, I'm not surprised you don't want to argue about it.
Danish said:
But we all know that players are continually hitting the deck in oscar-winning performances these days and it needs to be stopped.
Oh, the 'but' clause. LOL. Again, do you think Timmins was lying?

Mr Saab

Referee
Willow said:

By TIM KEEBLE
April 27, 2006

"I went in for a tackle and hit someone's hip right on my neck and shoulder. My whole body went numb"

"I couldn't feel my arm or legs for a second and then everything went all tingly in my body. I was pretty dazed at first and it was a bit scary. (Dragons medical staff) were a bit worried because it was my neck, but after a couple of seconds the tingling went away and after a minute or two it went back to normal."

Seems to be a few people like innsaneink and yourself thought Timmo was playing possum. You went as far to say it was a 'low act'. Looks like you called that one wrong. Like I said, he didnt look right to me. I base this on what I saw in TV, the look on Timmins' face, the referee stopping play immediately, and the players (including the opposition) giving Timmins and the medical staff some space. They all knew something was up.

I know you were an apologist for Webcke's spear tackle a while back, but if a player thinks he might have busted his neck, then surely he should stay down.

Webcke's "spear tackle" was non existent. It was a dangerous throw.
A Spear tackle is Luke McDougall on Minichiello.
From what good ole Timmo has said there i think he should have been taken off the field. Yes yes i am not a Dr and they know more, but you dont mess around with "injuries" like that.

innsaneink

Referee
Willow said:

By TIM KEEBLE
April 27, 2006

Surprised he didnt go off then....seeing as it was his neck.

You dont take a chance with the neck...or maybe you do.

I mean. ...he didnt even go out to the wing, straight to the side of the ruck, back in the defensive line....thought they wouldve taken NO chances.

Danish

Referee
Willow said:
Perhaps you would like him to evaporate into thin air. Play still had to be stopped.Timmins made the call and the med staff (who know more about it than you or I) let him get up. I personally was pleased for the guy when I saw him sitting upright.
Meanwhile some dills were sitting at home in their armchairs calling it a 'low act'.
I ask again, do you think Timmins is lying?

Yes, frankly, i do. If he truly went numb and could not feel his body, no competent doctor would let him play on without further examination. A serious neck injury is far more important than a football game.

Willow said:
No, what you actually said was:

"It no doubt dazed him for a bit but the rule is to send him out back and continue play. Awfully lucky it happened on the last tackle right when st george needed to get set. Even luckier it happened to another player the set prior, again on the last."

Which makes no sense. Sounds like you were more pissed off with the try not being scored.

I was pissed off that he was paralysed for 2 mins, then all of a sudden pops up like a magician and gets right back into the defensive line. Bit of an odd injury wouldnt you say? The timing makes it all the more suspect.

Willow said:
Bottom line is the rules are also there to protect players. There was every indication that something wasn't right with Timmins and everyone stopped for a moment to err on the side of caution.

Yet throw caution to the wind by continuing to play on and tackle in the middle despite being temporarily paralysed a minute earlier?? My ass.

Willow said:
If there is a rule which says a player with a possible neck injury should leave the field because Easts might score a try, then play would still have to be stopped. By clearing himself of injury, Timmins actually got play underway quicker than if the medi-cab came onto the field. Try arguing against that.

The medicab can be on in 20 seconds is a serious neck injury is thought to have occured. If you think it takes longer than the 3 minute break he took you are kidding yourself.

Besides that my problem isnt with the stoppage in play. Its with the stoppage in play for a magical injury that just appeared and disappeared for 3 minutes when saints were under pressure.

Willow said:
Considering your contradictions, I'm not surprised you don't want to argue about it.Oh, the 'but' clause. LOL. Again, do you think Timmins was lying?

Yes. Yes i do. Just as i think Clinton, Kennedy and countless other serial divers were lying. A article posted on a team website with timmins claiming he couldnt feel his body isnt going to change that.

Like i said, if the NRL is truly worried about player safety it should force players from the field when trainers fear they have suffered a serious injury such as Timmins. Might flush out a few weasels, and more importantly, avoid a situation where a player goes on with a geniune problem and causes even more damage.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Dr Saab said:
From what good ole Timmo has said there i think he should have been taken off the field. Yes yes i am not a Dr and they know more, but you dont mess around with "injuries" like that.
So is it still a 'low act' Charlie?
Is Timmins lying?
And offcourse Webcke is innocent.
lol. Join the dots.

Danish thinks Timmo is lying too. Good company to be in. :lol:
Dr Danish said:
The medicab can be on in 20 seconds is a serious neck injury is thought to have occured.
20 seconds? LOL, I knew you'd take the bait and try argue that point.

Perhaps they could pick up the injured player with a hook and tow him off. Hate to break it to you Doc, but a medi-cab takes longer than 20 seconds to get on and off the field.
Timmins getting back on his feet takes less time.

Some people admit it when they get it wrong, not all it seems.

Godz Illa

Coach
The medicab was actually called and did enter the field from the vehicle entrance at the south eastern corner of the ground. Timmins was on his feet just after it reached the halfway line. Anyone who attended the game can verify this.

c_eagle

Juniors
Godz Illa said:
The medicab was actually called and did enter the field from the vehicle entrance at the south eastern corner of the ground. Timmins was on his feet just after it reached the halfway line. Anyone who attended the game can verify this.
Word. I remember this especially, because I commented on the OH&S risk of the driver not wearing a helmet.

Danish

Referee
Willow said:
. 20 seconds? LOL, I knew you'd take the bait and try argue that point.

Perhaps they could pick up the injured player with a hook and tow him off. Hate to break it to you Doc, but a medi-cab takes longer than 20 seconds to get on and off the field.
Timmins getting back on his feet takes less time.

Some people admit it when they get it wrong, not all it seems.

If timmins was an injured as he claimed, i have no problems stopping the game for half an hour to get a person with suspected neck injuries off the field.

However, its when he jumps up fresh as a daisy and resuming play, not more than a minute after he was a temporary quadraplegic (numb from the neck down??) that i start to think that perhaps his injury wasn't as serious as he made out at the time. And certainly not as serious as he is claiming in that 2 bit article.

If you want to turn it into an argument about moving a geniunely injured player too quickly then be my guest. Timmins wasnt a geniunely injured player. Certainly not to the extent he claims. So its a pointless argument.

The Preacher

First Grade
I suppose it's easy to settle this argument, Danish, we'll arrange for you to be bashed in the head and then see if you get up before the Ambo arrives.
Win win situation for everyone I guess. :)

Danish

Referee
The Preacher said:
I suppose it's easy to settle this argument, Danish, we'll arrange for you to be bashed in the head and then see if you get up before the Ambo arrives.
Win win situation for everyone I guess. :)

Point = What exactly??

dragondad

First Grade
Danish said:
If timmins was an injured as he claimed, i have no problems stopping the game for half an hour to get a person with suspected neck injuries off the field.

However, its when he jumps up fresh as a daisy and resuming play, not more than a minute after he was a temporary quadraplegic (numb from the neck down??) that i start to think that perhaps his injury wasn't as serious as he made out at the time. And certainly not as serious as he is claiming in that 2 bit article.

If you want to turn it into an argument about moving a geniunely injured player too quickly then be my guest. Timmins wasnt a geniunely injured player. Certainly not to the extent he claims. So its a pointless argument.

Please tell me when did he jump up fresh as a daisy?

He got his head in the wrong position and was flat on the ground for quite some time.His medical staff were treating him with precaution and quite a few mins later he slowly lifted his neck and above upwards.Then his staff helped him to his feet very slowly and he pushed away the staff saying he would stay on the field.

At no point whatsoever did he jump up in a flash.