What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ANZAC DAY MATCH: St George Illawarra Dragons vs Sydney Roosters *Live Updates*

albi

Juniors
Yeah, really great game guys. Though the Roosters will be disappointed, I think with all the injuries that they're carrying, they did really well.

These teams always put on a good show. Well done.

ozzie

Bench
mikegotgame said:
haha great game.. all tries by dragons by kicks?

GO U ROOSTERS !!!

and we were lucky to concede only 4 to kicks. Good hard game - are they on the way back? I think we will be struggling to keep in touch with the 8 after next weekend - Cowboys at Townsville

Trevor Cogger

Juniors
That decision by Clark was the difference why o why not go to the video ref, dragons go down the field chip over the top anasta was clearly pushed dragons try ............12 point turn around if I was Stuart Id be having a good ol whinge as well.

melon....

Coach
No Head no Dragons win. All tries scored off Head kicks. Zilch line breaks by the Dragons.

I didnt expect to win but was pleasantly suprised by the guts our Fleggs and Reggies showed. Our defense was awesome and we should build on that....from 10th place...like 2002...when we get players back.

Mr Saab

Referee
melon.... said:
. Our defense was awesome and we should build on that....from 10th place...like 2002...when we get players back.

But in 2002 you had some player named Fittler. In 2006 you have a bird in the halves.

Munky

Coach
Mr Saab said:
But in 2002 you had some player named Fittler. In 2006 you have a bird in the halves.

In 2002 they only had a fraction of a bird at halfback...

Trevor Cogger

Juniors
Furthermore I thought I could clearly see Wing have the ball on the turf over the line but again Clark didnt use the Video Ref.

Lucky win to the Dragqueens

innsaneink

Referee
Trevor Cogger said:
Furthermore I thought I could clearly see Wing have the ball on the turf over the line but again Clark didnt use the Video Ref.

:lol: Fish oil AND bloodworms.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
albi said:
PS - What do you make of Anasta getting benched before the end?
He looked a bit flat. Commentary mentioned an injury, possible season.
Good game. Gutsy stuff from both sides.
somebody said:
Yeah, that's what the scoreboard says too.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Lucky win? Your team was outplayed! FFS when will Roosters fans stop letting arrogance cloud a good hard game of footy?

albi

Juniors
gregstar said:
1 linebreak off a sims pass.

great tackles by finch saved 2 tries.

In all seriousness, I thought Finch played really well. Strong defense, and looked dangerous in attack.

El Diablo

Post Whore
i thought Harrison signed with the Roosters for less money because he wanted to go to a succesful club?

http://www.smh.com.au/news/league/h...-still-on-shelf/2005/07/11/1120934185672.html

Rabbitohs lock and captain Harrison signed with the Roosters on a three-year deal and said he had accepted less money to move than he could have earned by accepting an offer to re-sign with Souths.

and

"But the Roosters have got great depth in their squad and I'll have the potential to be successful straight away with them."

somethings not adding up, Ashley. Where's the instant success??

Trevor Cogger

Juniors
Timmah said:
Lucky win? Your team was outplayed! FFS when will Roosters fans stop letting arrogance cloud a good hard game of footy?

Arrogance ? time you stopped being a cyber hero and picked up a dictionary

Was a great game of footy but Clark didnt use the video ref on three occasions , twice for the chooks when wing was held up and Sa had an obstruction ruled against him and Gasnier looked offside for their last try.

Vital decisions that determined the game.

thuganomics

Coach
Trevor Cogger said:
Was a great game of footy but Clark didnt use the video ref on three occasions , twice for the chooks when wing was held up and Sa had an obstruction ruled against him and Gasnier looked offside for their last try.

Vital decisions that determined the game.

Gasnier was definitly on side for that last try. I was surprised that he didn't go to the video for the Sa try, I wasn't quite sure myself. Wing didn't look to dissapointed that he didn't go to the video ref, so I think he knew that it wasn't a try.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Very proud of the boys today. To keep the Dragons to no trys through the hands is an amazing defensive effort with so many key players out.

Funily enough its losses like these with players out that lift the team and create a platform to build on. Same happened in 02.

Congrats Dragons as well. Matt Head is awesome.