What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anzac Match 2013

Twenty10

Juniors
I don't think cook is ready to be on bench of Anzac Day clash. Bench could be far better served without him.

RedVDave

First Grade
Roosters

1 Anthony Minichiello (c)
2 Daniel Tupou
3 Michael Jennings
4 Shaun Kenny-Dowall
5 Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
6 James Maloney
7 Mitchell Pearce
8 Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
9 Jake Friend
10 Sam Moa
11 Mitchell Aubusson
12 Sonny Bill Williams
13 Boyd Cordner

Interchange

14 Daniel Mortimer
15 Martin Kennedy
16 Aidan Guerra
17 Luke O'Donnell

Coach: Trent Robinson

http://www.nrl.com/News/OfficialTeamLists/tabid/10998/Default.aspx

RedVDave

First Grade
I don't think cook is ready to be on bench of Anzac Day clash. Bench could be far better served without him.

I do agree, however I believe we are going to see a entirely different team on the day that was named today, just a gut feel.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Roosters

1 Anthony Minichiello (c)
2 Daniel Tupou
3 Michael Jennings
4 Shaun Kenny-Dowall
5 Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
6 James Maloney
7 Mitchell Pearce
8 Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
9 Jake Friend
10 Sam Moa
11 Mitchell Aubusson
12 Sonny Bill Williams
13 Boyd Cordner

Interchange

14 Daniel Mortimer
15 Martin Kennedy
16 Aidan Guerra
17 Luke O'Donnell

Coach: Trent Robinson

http://www.nrl.com/News/OfficialTeamLists/tabid/10998/Default.aspx

That's a strong side.. they'll be up there come September..

Good test for us..

64 Dragon

Coach
That's the best side the Rooters have had in a few years.
Best thing going for them? No Braith Anasta.

steggz

Juniors
Just watched that compilation video. I'm buzzing. Was at the northern end last year and those tries in the final 5 minutes were amazing.

The thing I love is how this game has become one of the biggest in the regular season. It started with average crowds back in 2002 or so, but almost 40,000 last year and we'll probably get the same again. Love it.

Ulysseus

Bench
What a game
Probably only outdone for dramatics by last years last minute win, I was at work for it and I was being driven around the mine, when Saints won I had my head out the window screaming obscenities at everything.

But 2005 was THE defining moment where - after a few years of their dominance - we signaled to the Roosters that their time had come and gone.
Another game like that was the two games Saints played versus the $torm in 2009 - we may have lost the first one by a point but in the next game showed that their time at the apex was coming to an end............................ nek minit the merkins got done for cheating and everything stripped :)

Hutty1986

Immortal
We can get the Chookies out wide I reckon-target those rookie wingers & SKD is a terrible defender. Massive game for us, will have to be at our very best

Elias1983

Coach
There is an opportunity for morris to snatch a couple of intercepts when SBW goes to the blind side and throws his little cut out passes....

Those things float.....

BennyV

Referee
We can get the Chookies out wide I reckon-target those rookie wingers & SKD is a terrible defender. Massive game for us, will have to be at our very best

SKD can esily be caught out but it's up to Soward and Fien to make it happen. They might also be a bit vulnerable up the middle if Rein/Merrin can target and isolate guys like Kennedy, FPN etc and have the quicker guys running off them.

Gotta be careful though - they've got good edge combinations, particularly Maloney, Cordner and Jennings on the left. Also, Creagh will have his hands full with SBW.

I reckon we have a decent chance!

saint.nick

Coach
There are two ways to possibly not love this annual fixture. One way it to dislike footy. The other way is to be a Roosters fan.

I'm strongly tipping us for a win. We'll that have that mental edge over them.

Old_Timer

Juniors
I just hope we put up a creditable performance.

While the game is important, the day itself means a bit more to us old timers. Let us not forget that!!

possm

Coach
Right side defence will be our problem. If we keep with them for 70min I believe we will come home in the last 10min.

Over the past 3 games our boys looked very fit.

watatank

Coach
They will be sending a lot of traffic that way...SBW and Jennings on the left edge will guarantee that. However that's the side that we can make inroads because they are poor defenders.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
We need to hit them up the middle, or just a little wide. Going too wide too early will kill us.

Having Weyman back will increase our chances.

Will be a close one.

BennyV

Referee
Today's the day gents, lets rip those latte-sipping, sbw-loving merkins to shreds.

So pumped for this, carn the saints

hardbaby

Coach
Having Weyman back is a huge boon. He tends to be inspired by Anzac Day. We need to handle that pack and that's no easy feet. No easy metres. Then drive hard straight back at them. The Roosters tire. Their three quarters aren't great defensively. There will be opportunities. Take them.

possm

Coach
Anyone think Cummins will be a late inclusion? He is not selected in the Cutters line-up and not on the injured list. Price announced a late call-up for Drinkwater under siilar circumstances a few weeks ago.