What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ANZAC Test Tickets Sales

langpark

First Grade
Yes I forgot about Price, he should definitely make the team.

Civoneceva should too, but only coz there's no-one else. On form, the only prop that deserves selection is O'meley. So I'd have O'Meley & Price starting, then Civoneceva & Skandalis on the bench. All four of these guys are much better than Ryles anyway - I can never understand why everyone rates him so highly, and i always celebrate when he's selected for nsw

brendothejet

First Grade
You know what.

I am disgusted.

Rugby League fans, on one of the world's foremost rugby league websites promoting the boycott of a Test Match.

Wake up to yourselves. it is Australia that is playing. If you want to turn this into some petty squabbling over which state the players come from then you are a simple minded fool.

There are several forums and sub forums here dedicated to developing the international game and promoting the world cup, yet we have blokes saying "i won't go if there is only one Qlander in the side."

Have a thnk for a moment how blokes like Yanto, Der Keiser, Yuvosevic (sp), Gruenen, SpinnerHowland and all the other international developees feel when they read people in RL heartland getting so petty over selevtion processes that they boycott a match that should be the pinacle of the game.

I mean FFS, it is the ANZAC test match.

Can you get any more monumental in importance?

RL rivalry between NZ and AUS, a commemeration of those who died so we have our freedom and the expansion of the nternational game into other parts of Aus.

I am so dissapointed by the close mindedness of some of you people.

Anyone who advocates this boycott should think twice before they denegrate the efforts of Love et al again as you are no better.

Disgraceful. Absolutely disgraceful.

Personally, if everyone in the team was a W.A junior I would be there. Wake up to yourselves you f**king idiots.

langpark

First Grade
Wake up to yourself. The Qld public is tired of being sh*t on and shouldn't have to watch nsw v nz. To choose a team like that and expect us to turn up in numbers to fill the pockets of the N(SW)RL is an insult and a disgrace

Ari Gold

Bench
So you're saying we should pick a weakened Aus side with the likes of Crocker, Carroll, Thorn, C Smith just to make you QLD'ers happy?

langpark

First Grade
robyalvaro said:
So you're saying we should pick a weakened Aus side with the likes of Crocker, Carroll, Thorn, C Smith just to make you QLD'ers happy?
Where did i say that you fool!? I never mentioned any of those players. I'm talking about the selectors choosing one Qld'er.

You're not even worth a response!

greenos

Juniors
langpark said:
Where did i say that you fool!? I never mentioned any of those players. I'm talking about the selectors choosing one Qld'er.

You're not even worth a response!
What's your ideal team? Don't make it a joke.

Lantana

Juniors
langpark said:
Wake up to yourself. The Qld public is tired of being sh*t on and shouldn't have to watch nsw v nz. To choose a team like that and expect us to turn up in numbers to fill the pockets of the N(SW)RL is an insult and a disgrace

OMFG

Do people like you still ive on this planet??

Can you not see the BIG picture?

Can you not see the advocation of a f**kING Boycott feeds the other codes in this country more fodder against International Rugby League.

Can you not see the advocation of a f**kING Boycott will further diminish prospects of decent Tri Nations crowds

Can you not see the advocation of a f**kING Boycott will feed the media with more venom to spit at the frail International game.

Can you not see the advocation of a f**kING Boycott will only add to the pathetic administation and marketing this sport gets at this level.

Can you not see the advocation of a f**kING Boycott will jeopardise current and potential sponsorships

Can you not see the advocation of a f**kING Boycott will put future games and subsequent additional World Cup games in jeopardy in this country.

Can you not see the advocation of a f**kING Boycott will put funding of the sport at an international level at risk.

Can you not see the advocation of a f**kING Boycott is f**kING ridiculous

Can you not see the advocation of a boycott makes you look like a f**king 6 year old who wanks onto his darren Lockyer posters. i am from South Australia and I don't give a f**k who plays, I am paying my airfare and ticket price to watch Australians (don't give a f**k which stae, they are all Aussies) play against Kiwi's.

Please before you reply take a breath and think of the consequences to your ridiculous thought process.

If after that you still feel a boycott is rational, please stop breathing real peoples air.

langpark

First Grade
greenos said:
What's your ideal team? Don't make it a joke.

Realistically, this is wat the team should look like:

1 Minichello
2 Sing
3 Gasnier *
4 Hodges
5 Grothe
6 Lockyer
7 Johns
8 Price
9 Budereus
10 O'Meley
11 Hindmarsh
12 O'Donnell
13 Kennedy **

14 Mason
15 Skandalis
16 Civoneceva
17 Thurston

* - Gasnier should only be chosen if he commits to League IMO
** - If Kennedy hasn't retired from rep, if he has, Ashley Harrison or Fitzgibbon would have a close race for that spot.

I'm not a blindly partiotic Qld'er and i think the team i named there is fair.

langpark

First Grade
Lantana said:
Can you not see the advocation of a f**kING Boycott will further diminish prospects of decent Tri Nations crowds

As if the Sydney public support it anyway!!! 28,000 last year against NZ, so wat do they do? They go ahead and give you two matches this year :x

ali

Bench
langpark said:
Realistically, this is wat the team should look like:

1 Minichello
2 Sing
3 Gasnier *
4 Hodges
5 Grothe
6 Lockyer
7 Johns
8 Price
9 Budereus
10 O'Meley
11 Hindmarsh
12 O'Donnell
13 Kennedy **

14 Mason
15 Skandalis
16 Civoneceva
17 Thurston

* - Gasnier should only be chosen if he commits to League IMO
** - If Kennedy hasn't retired from rep, if he has, Ashley Harrison or Fitzgibbon would have a close race for that spot.

I'm not a blindly partiotic Qld'er and i think the team i named there is fair.

So what do you think if Sing is retired and deosn't play and Hodges is not picked because he plays on the same side as Gaz?

langpark

First Grade
Well Hodges is in better form than Gasnier so he should be chosen first, and if Sing has quit, then Probably Tahu or someone

phonetic

Juniors
Hodges is playing very well, but I'm not so quick to say he's in better form than Gasnier.

When out in the centres, Gasnier has been attacking better than any other centre in the comp. He was not effective last week at 5/8 v Newcastle (besides a great line break early, which was more like one of his runs at centre), therefore a bit of the shine has been taken off a wonderful start to the year by him.

brendothejet

First Grade
He s a try scoring machine gasnier. Besides, both are quite capable of playng either side. Lets face it they are quality footballers and should be able to adapt.

At the end of the day I think this could be one of the best test matches in recent times. If only Benji was playng

ali

Bench
That's not too bad. I'd say heading for about 35000- 40000 again. On the QLD front, I thought Mick Crocker had an excellent game tonight. If he keeps that form up, he'd be a good chance. And on the K Hunt front, great to see Greg Inglis star at fullback. Yet more competition for K Hunt and his goal of being QLD fullback one day.

Razor

Coach
To choose a team like that and expect us to turn up in numbers to fill the pockets of the N(SW)RL is an insult and a disgrace

But they aren't NSW. They're Australia. They are representing Australia in the match. If the best players come from NSW they should pick those players, not just put token QLD players in the team. You go there to support the game, and if you're an Australian supporter it shouldn't matter to you who is chosen and what players in the match score the most points.

Latest posts