What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ANZAC Test Tickets Sales

pcpp

Juniors
ali said:
I also expect to see TV ratings of up to 800000 in Sydney, and also not too far off Origin in Brsibane.

I definitely don't see 800,000 watching the test match in sydney. They got only around 500,000 last year - they might get 550,000 in Sydney (bigger than Union test matches) and 400,000-450,000 in Brisbane.

brendothejet said:
To have half the stadium pre sold aint bad.

It "ain't bad" but its not good enough.

The State of Origin in Melbourne has sold half of the stadium two months from the game and almost a guaranteed sellout - that's what the ARL should be aiming for test matches.

Nook

Bench
I keep a fairly good track of the ratings on Oztam - IMO there is no way this game will even peak anywhere near 800,000. Naturally, I'd love to be wrong.

500,000 is a good mark to aim at for an average in Sydney. If the build-up continues and Benji and Sonny Bill are confirmed starters then we could foreseeably get somewhere around the 600,000 mark, which would be a fantastic result.

All three games last year averaged between 450,000 and 500,000 in Sydney, from memory. Realistically we should be hoping for the upper end of that range - anything more will be a bonus.

brendothejet

First Grade
I think the game is going to sellout. Should rate well too.

There has been a lot of talk about the match n sydney. Stories about the game have been leading the sport sections of the news.

Go international league!

knaus

Juniors
wonder how ticket sales so far compare with ticket sales for last years test on the tuesday before the game

yakstorm

First Grade
There was less than 20K sold the Friday before the test (7 days out), and only 31,000 sold at the end of trade on Thursday before the test, so at the moment, we are a bit ahead.

brendothejet

First Grade
yakstorm said:
There was less than 20K sold the Friday before the test (7 days out), and only 31,000 sold at the end of trade on Thursday before the test, so at the moment, we are a bit ahead.

I thought this was the case...

Still think this game will sell out because with Hunt's inclusion in the test team it would appear Queenslanders love a sellout.:roll:

langpark

First Grade
28,400 is the most recent, tomorrow's Courier Mail should have it, check their site then

ouwet

Bench
That is f**king GREAT!!! Today should hopefully see good sales and a capacity crowd is not out of the question now :D

Thomas

First Grade
No members Russ???

Are you sure? What about the corporate seats etc?

My work is giving away tickets to the game as we have 8 (could be 10) seats to every event at Suncorp.

russ13

First Grade
Thomas

I corrected my post. I see in the Stadium plan there is a separate entrance for members.

What I meant was that there are no hereditary members. Annual membership has to be purchased. At least that is my understanding,

Thomas

First Grade
Yeah, no annual members like the Gabba or Ballymore is correct.

Pity I couldn't snaffle a few tickets for myself from work, although we have to take clients and talk shop with them.

Not my idea of having fun.

Latest posts