What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ANZAC Test Tickets Sales

langpark

First Grade
ali said:
I'll state again, I couldn't give a f**k about QLD or NSW, we are all Australian and we are going to watch Australia. That crowd was crap, but the problem was everyone thought they were going to watch a flogging. There was no hype around the game, as their was no anticipation of a contest.

They will never pick an Australian team that pleases everyone!

True, absolutely, BUT, it's damn arragont for you guys to sit back and critisise our support (which is huge, when it shouldn't be when teams like that are picked) and sydneysiders have 2 to 3 times the population and can't get off their fat arses to watch international footy, and wat's worse, the got two tri nations games at the end of the year :roll: - good in a way, send the ARL broke

lockyno1

Post Whore
LebaneseForces said:
Good luck and congrats with the baby!!!
Mate the Tri-Nations is in Australia/New Zealand this year... :)

Thanks, well if it is at the same time the Ashes is on then I may be able to go to one or two. I have to be in LA for a large portion of the year.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Dakink said:
Serious Question - Why California?

Not being a smart arse just wondering?

My fiance' is from Beverly Hills, so it is basically going back home for her. In the end it is what we both decided and I am happy for that. Only bad thing is that I will misss my league, afl, and especially cricket.

ouwet

Bench
lockyno1 said:
My fiance' is from Beverly Hills, so it is basically going back home for her. In the end it is what we both decided and I am happy for that. Only bad thing is that I will misss my league, afl, and especially cricket.

League and Cricket yeah but AFL:? :p
Anyways anyone got any updates on the ticket sales?

lockyno1

Post Whore
LebaneseForces said:
League and Cricket yeah but AFL:? :p
Anyways anyone got any updates on the ticket sales?

My family is from Melbourne so AFL is in our family. I have a side (Essendon) and follow them pretty well. I try to go to as many games of all sports I can. I have never missed a Pura Cup home match for the Bulls which will be the thing I miss the most.

Now that the teams have been named and all the controversy about selections, especially Hunt, will we see a mad rush for tickets? I'm really confident of a sellout now even though there is only four qlders in the side.

miccle

Bench
Hmm. I was less confident about a good crowd after the Hodges farce, but IMO the Hunt selection has not only allowed another home-town boy to get in the squad, but has stirred a LOT of controversy.

Yesterday I was thinking around 35K after the teams were announced. Now I'm confident of at least 42-43K being there, hopefully more. I've had my ticket since the day they went on sale - wouldn't miss it for the world and can't wait to be in the Roo Crew for what should be a great match.

screeny

Bench
This will be the only ever time that Joey, Locky, Benji and SBW share the same Test field.

Two potential 'best players of all time' on one field aint bad.

Balmain_Boy

screeny said:
This will be the only ever time that Joey, Locky, Benji and SBW share the same Test field.

Two potential 'best players of all time' on one field aint bad.

Indeed, 3 players on the field are potentially their country's greatest of all time.

If only it were in Sydney I'd be there in a heartbeat. I'll be disappointed if it isn't a sell out.

ali

Bench
Sea_Eagles_Rock said:
When I bought this afternoon, 25304 had been sold.

Bugger me, that's hardly a stampede. I'm still confident all this hype will lead us close to a sellout, but that's not an encouraging figure.

brendothejet

First Grade
To have half the stadium pre sold aint bad.

can anyone remember what the equivalent sales were this time last year.

Lockyknow0 you are a fickle wanker. I'm sure your sster wont mind youmissing her engagement party because some kiwi is playing for Australia tommorrow night.

lockyno1

Post Whore
brendothejet said:

Lockyknow0 you are a fickle wanker. I'm sure your sster wont mind youmissing her engagement party because some kiwi is playing for Australia tommorrow night.

My sister's party is on saturday afternoon (goes late though). If hunt or hodges were not playing then I would have gone earlier to sydney. Now I will go saturday morning. Can't wait to see Hunt playing his first of many tests!:D

ali

Bench
brendothejet said:

I posted them somewhere on here recently, I thought it was this thread but it must not have been. Going into last Friday we were just ahead. The wildcard is how the QLD public reacts to the selections. But on big name players and the weather report, things are looking pretty good.

I also expect to see TV ratings of up to 800000 in Sydney, and also not too far off Origin in Brsibane.

Dakink

Bench
lockyno1 said:
I am going now that Hunt is in the side. Can't miss his debut!

Hey knob jockey - I thougt you had already booked your flights to Sydney??

Please say you have..

Ohh That right you already have told us you have
Lockyno1 said:
Chance of that happening= ZERO as I have already booked my tickets to Sydney on Friday now.

Now go, SHOO!

Dakink

Bench
lockyno1 said:
My sister's party is on saturday afternoon (goes late though). If hunt or hodges were not playing then I would have gone earlier to sydney. Now I will go saturday morning. Can't wait to see Hunt playing his first of many tests!:D

See the above post!! Locky's comment was posted yesterday at 7.30 - not going now or are yo a liar... Fickle pathetic.