What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

arana taumata

Noa

First Grade
Dang, was hoping he may come back to Melbourne next year.

Great signing if true though, I was told the Tigers didnt want his second year option. Your explosive factor just went up 10 fold.

Talanexor

Juniors
Good signing. He's talented as hell, but has a history of disciplinary problems. He also plays fullback or halves, areas we have a fair bit of depth anyway.

I really hope this doesn't mean Watts is going to Parra.

R2Coupe

Juniors
Sheens had him in the centres at Bret. Unfortunately, the Tigers have quality depth in this position.

macnaz

Staff member
3 cheers for Weststiger, with all the financial and salary cap pressures we are still unselfishly able to rehabilitate wayward players and put them in great mental and pysical shape to presue their dreams in the NRL at another club of their choice. Well done WT , so glad AT can show his terricfic skills somewhere else in this comp. Im very proud of what the club has done for him and when he acheives greatness im sure he will remember the super coaches input and guidance and the dollars wasted on him.

Last edited:

Didgi

If he plays in the centres, sweet as.

If he plays in the halves or fullback, Henry is an idiot.

gronkathon

First Grade
he wasnt at the sharks v balmain game today as he was in townsville

He was there actually. I was talking to him Saturday afternoon at Henson with Pettybourne (Jaw looks like it has a baseball sized lump in it)

The deal is basically done. Whilst he has no guarantees from Henry that he will get a run he is too far down the pecking order at Wests Tigers and we have better rounded halves and do not require a 5/8 unless Benji gets hurt in which case there are other options.

Should be flying up this afternoon and expect an announcement by Wednesday.

He leaves WT on the best of terms and is grateful for all their assistance

Spot On

Coach
Ah, the poison chalice turns up in Queensland! How many clubs has this bloke had? Has he played a first grade game yet? Where there's a Willie there's a way!

mortz

He was there actually. I was talking to him Saturday afternoon at Henson with Pettybourne (Jaw looks like it has a baseball sized lump in it)

The deal is basically done. Whilst he has no guarantees from Henry that he will get a run he is too far down the pecking order at Wests Tigers and we have better rounded halves and do not require a 5/8 unless Benji gets hurt in which case there are other options.

Should be flying up this afternoon and expect an announcement by Wednesday.

He leaves WT on the best of terms and is grateful for all their assistance

ah right, i spoke to a friend who is a wests fan and he said tomato was in townsville, all good, im happy for him, hope he gets a decent run as he has a whole heap of skill

Talanexor

Juniors
I heard he's cover for the halves (Thompson's out for the season and JT and Morgan still have niggling injuries) though if he can play in the centres too that'd be a bonus.

I'm not a fan of recruiting bad boys and hoping we can turn them around though. It sort of worked with LOD, but that's about it.

I'd still prefer to see Watts given a go at right centre for a few games. If it's not too late, giving him a starting position might help us retain him past next year.

Didgi

Will Taumata (*allegedly*) be available for this weekend?

1. Gallant
2. Tupou
3. Tonga
4. Watts/Taumata
5. One of the nuffies
6. Bowen
7. Thurston

I love the position we're in now where it's difficult to work out who will play fullback and who will play halves.

Didgi

Also with Henry's weekly lust for Rovelli, I can't imagine why HE would think we need a backup, moreso if we have Bowen and Payne that can fill in. Maybe he's starting to change his mind about Rovelli

elyod138

Bench
After the first couple of rounds Henry has only played Rovelli when we have had no other ready-made options.

He has dropped him multiple times and has even hooked him mid-game.

I don't really see picking the only half left in your squad as having a love affair.