What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Archer wins the grand final

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I wonder if Gasnier try called in-touch and BJ try allowed whether you would have the same opinion...
Pfft, ancient history. Plus we clobbered Manly in that game.

If you're saying would we accept the decision if it went against us, well we have been accepting calls against us all year. The way people talk, you'd think we'd never received a bad call.

Speaking for myself, I go by the rule that good teams beat bad refs. I've found it to be good advice for whingers and sore losers regardless of which team you support.
dice said:
and please don't give me the 26-0 2nd half bs
Why? Because the facts rattle your theory?

The grand final was a classic case of the bad calls going both ways. It evened out. We won, smashed them in the second half, 26-0.

Live with it.
dice said:
because we all know Saints would have been the ones having to take all the risks with the slippery ball if they were that far behind.
LOL! "we" all know eh?

Fair dunkum, I'm cracking up over some of the dopey posts in this thread, and they just keep on giving. :lol:

It was 26-0 in the second half. How's them apples?

Saints players were fitter, and finishing stronger. We've kept opposition scoreless in the second half throughout the finals. It has been a trademark of Saints for the last two seasons, we often shut them out in the second half.

I can see you're having trouble accepting the result.

Skinner

Coach

If you're saying would we accept the decision if it went against us, well we have been accepting calls against us all year. The way people talk, you'd think we'd never received a bad call.

Speaking for myself, I go by the rule that good teams beat bad refs. I've found it to be good advice for whingers and sore losers regardless of which team you support.

The grand final was a classic case of the bad calls going both ways. It evened out. We won, smashed them in the second half, 26-0.

Live with it.LOL! "we" all know eh?

Fair dunkum, I'm cracking up over some of the dopey posts in this thread, and they just keep on giving. :lol:

Saints players were fitter, and finishing stronger. We've kept opposition scoreless in the second half throughout the finals. It has been a trademark of Saints for the last two seasons, we often shut them out in the second half.

Willow !!! way too much good sense in there fella.

Hey fairfax, suck sh*t. You lost. That's it. Game over. Yet another Grand Final in the last 11 years where your club failed to drive it home and simply weren't good enough.

No amount of your bitter, narky, pathetic whinging will change facts. You still get to come back and do it all again in 2011 and who knows, you might even win it next year with the quality you have across the park.

I guess its official Timmah now officially goes for the Dragons and not the Bulldogs. Would you sell it your family as well just to get some Timmah?

dice

Juniors

Live with it.LOL! "we" all know eh?

Oh please. You only beat the Tigers by one point in controversy. You are totally deluded if you believe your team is good enough to rise above bad calls.

So if Roosters had 13+ lead you reckon Roosters still would have thrown a wet ball around inside their own half? More delusion.

snoozer

Bench
threads like this really bring out the quality posters.

i've just added dice to my list of complete fools.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Oh please. You only beat the Tigers by one point in controversy. You are totally deluded if you believe your team is good enough to rise above bad calls.

So if Roosters had 13+ lead you reckon Roosters still would have thrown a wet ball around inside their own half? More delusion.

LOL you didn't just mention the Tigers when you beat them in far more controversy did you? You're taking this loss real well champ, keep your chin up, maybe all this arguing will see the NRL hand over the premiership to the real winners.

dice

Juniors
LOL you didn't just mention the Tigers when you beat them in far more controversy did you? You're taking this loss real well champ, keep your chin up, maybe all this arguing will see the NRL hand over the premiership to the real winners.

Willow was the one insinuating the saints are good enough to overcome bad calls. I made no such suggestions.

And I am taking the loss very well actually. I had no expectation Roosters would come this far and very happy for the boys. Also happy for Dragons fans ending their 31 year misery.

I just don't like the affect referees are having and have been mentioning it for weeks now. The rules are interpreted differently depending on the importance of the game, and even the stage of the game. Robert Finch needs to go.

threads like this really bring out the quality posters.

i've just added dice to my list of complete fools.

Thankyou for your well thought out contribution to the debate. It won't take you long to join other posters on 60,000 posts as a measure of... um.

Last edited:

bottle

Coach
Most of the Roosters fans have accepted defeat with dignity and showed some class. And then...

Willow

Assistant Moderator

Free tip dicey, in 2011 get out and watch a bit of rugby league.

32-8 full time

26-0 in the second half

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Willow was the one insinuating the saints are good enough to overcome bad calls. I made no such suggestions.

And I am taking the loss very well actually. I had no expectation Roosters would come this far and very happy for the boys. Also happy for Dragons fans ending their 31 year misery.

I just don't like the affect referees are having and have been mentioning it for weeks now. The rules are interpreted differently depending on the importance of the game, and even the stage of the game. Robert Finch needs to go.

Thankyou for your well thought out contribution to the debate. It won't take you long to join other posters on 60,000 posts as a measure of... um.
I'd hate to see how you act if you took the loss poorly. Every argument you've come up with has been a stretch at best, and your team was flogged in the 2nd half. With or without the ref's assistance, it says alot about the mental steel the Roosters had going into this game.

Good teams beat bad ref's, it's a simple rule that is never wrong.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Archer wins the grand final? ... I thought he won a Melbourne Cup....
Boom boom. LOL!

How many sore losers does it take to change a light bulb?

Answer: None, sore losers want to stay in the dark.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Poor Baron... it's eating you up too eh?

From another thread:

from nrl.com

http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsarticle/tabid/10874/newsid/60534/saint-wayne-in-7th-heaven-after-gf-win/default.aspx

It was the club's first premiership since 1979, its 16th overall

that is the website of the governing body right?

Willow in simple terms please explain to me how St George-Illawarra Dragons have won a premiership before Sunday.

Edit: And I am a Knights fan who doesnt have a stake either way.

Latest posts