What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Archer wins the grand final

goodsmeagol

Juniors
Last Sunday. Did you miss the news?
I've answered your questions, twice now.

Now it's your turn to answer.

You're a troll and pretty obvious one at that. So here are my questions:

Are you in pain?
Have you seen a doctor recently?
Did you cry when Saints won?
Would you have bombarded the forum with 'choker' jibes if Saints lost?
Are you in denial?

Careful, the last one is a trick question.

Mate you've had 60,000 + posts!!?? You need to see the doctor!
Get outside, do a few chips over the top to yourself

Southernsaint

Staff member
Last Sunday. Did you miss the news?
I've answered your questions, twice now.

Now it's your turn to answer.

You're a troll and pretty obvious one at that. So here are my questions:

Are you in pain?
Have you seen a doctor recently?
Did you cry when Saints won?
Would you have bombarded the forum with 'choker' jibes if Saints lost?
Are you in denial?

Careful, the last one is a trick question.

...And Willow shoots down the Baron.

Sweet Sixteen!!

I thought I'd never see a dumber e-fighter/arguer than Timmah, but then I saw Willow's posts.

Is he your son Willow, or somehow related to you? The online resemblance is uncanny.

goodsmeagol

Juniors
Most geniused excuse ever. Soward didn't "push" the ball out, it was planted on his leg and leilua lost control. Have the rules changed at some point and players aren't allowed to touch the ball if you're a defender now? If Soward kicked it out, or raked it out I would agree with you but at no point did soward apply pressure to remove the ball. It was planted on the top of his thigh and leilua lost it cold. You're an absolute imbecile if you think otherwise.

For the record, I don't think the Roosters had that much momentum in the first half either, it was a close fought contest. The Roosters forward pack just didn't pull their weight in the 2nd half, you can put whatever spin on it you want. Winners are grinners and some Rooster's fans are terrible losers.

For the record, I've played the game since I was 6, all the way up until I
was 28. In all that time it was always easier to blame the ref rather than accept my own shortcomings, but you know what, I don't care because we're premiers.

Once more for the dummies, i.e Firey Dragon
Did Soward move his leg toward the ball? Yes
Was he trying to impede Leilua? Yes
Did he assist in knocking the ball away? Yes
Soward was perfectly legal in doing this, but once he did, the ball was legitimately in play for Anasta to score. Having the ball knocked away when in the act of putting the ball down is not a "loose carry" - look at the rules goose! Hence a try was awarded.
Surely you arent insisting this is the same as a bloke passing the ball with both feet in touch??

BTW, I too played, coached and reffed for many years.

I'm sure you had many "shortcomings" as a player, it's a shame you havent learnt from them as an observer.:roll:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Your words. 'Momentum'. lol

You should follow a sport you understand.

Easts missed 31 tackles, and were absolutely knackered by full time.

Deal with it.

It's shame because I thought they deserved to be there. And I think most Easts supporters have been pretty good about it, but there's always a few dickheads.

So what are you going to do about it gobsqueal? Demand a recount?

juanfarkall

Coach
who wins?

Well spotted !!!

I hate laptop keyboards.

I would venture to say that despite the departure of Funch Snr from the Boss of Refs gig that they will continue to be erratic and mediocre in 2011.

Although they could get worse depending on who gets the top job.

True, but I wanted that lovely lass Baron the troll to prove it.

Still waiting for an answer to my probing questions. The target seems to have made a hasty exit. lol

My first post was like at 8:20am y'day morning, surely after like 14 hours I was allowed to stop posting.

Now lets re-iterate the facts for the simpletons on this board.

That was not counted as a St George Dragons win, they are an extinct team.

That was counted as the maiden premiership for St George-Illawarra Dragons.

Aside from some unfunny troll comments from Dragons fans I have seen zero comments that refute this undisputable fact.

Rexxy

Coach
You asked for evidence and I posted a link to the abc, australias most trusted media source. Now I will add that NRL approved merchandise says Est 1921. The ball is now in your court to find evidence to back your claim. I'm calling you out as someone who talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk.

Refute the NRL saying set 1921 or shut the f**k up

My first post was like at 8:20am y'day morning, surely after like 14 hours I was allowed to stop posting.

Now lets re-iterate the facts for the simpletons on this board.

That was not counted as a St George Dragons win, they are an extinct team.

That was counted as the maiden premiership for St George-Illawarra Dragons.

Aside from some unfunny troll comments from Dragons fans I have seen zero comments that refute this undisputable fact.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Gladly Pete. He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

Now where are the answers to my questions Baron?

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Soward was perfectly legal in doing this, but once he did, the ball was legitimately in play for Anasta to score. Having the ball knocked away when in the act of putting the ball down is not a "loose carry" - look at the rules goose! Hence a try was awarded.
Surely you arent insisting this is the same as a bloke passing the ball with both feet in touch??

I'm sure you had many "shortcomings" as a player, it's a shame you havent learnt from them as an observer.:roll:

Ooooooh now you're a coach, I can't compete with your super-intelligent analysis. You're out of my league now.

But do tell me, as an experienced ref, without the aid of a video, have given a try like that in a game? If so, I find it hard to believe you lived to tell the tale.

Last edited:

CMUX

Can't believe this thread is still going.

It's been two days. I think we can all agree that there were some absolutely woeful calls by the officials, but with a scoreline of 32-8 you can hardly place the blame squarely on their shoulders, particularly when the bad calls went both ways.

I suppose it is one way for Roosters fans to deflect attention from the fact that Carney, Anasta and Pearce went AWOL when it mattered most though. Maybe that's what this is all about.

This is a bit rich coming from you Skeepe. Remember in round 6 when we flogged Canberra 36-6 and it was the refs that won it for us or any other loss Canberra have ever had in their history…. Clearly the refs fault those ones.

What about the travesty when Alan Tongue takes a hit up and the opposition tackles him and the ref has the audacity to not blow a penalty!!!

Times are a changing. A team is no longer judged on how they bounce back from adversity but if they are flogged, then the opposition are cheats.

It's funny how things like the push in the back on Perrett, the Roosters had a chance to defend that "bad" call yet it took them only one set to concede a try. It's all about momentum, if you let in tries, you lose it.

Who has made that claim? The Dragons aren’t reffing the match, they can only play to the whistle like all the other teams.

Dragons would have probably won anyways, but you never know what might have happened if we didn’t concede the first try.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Who has made that claim? The Dragons aren’t reffing the match, they can only play to the whistle like all the other teams.

Dragons would have probably won anyways, but you never know what might have happened if we didn’t concede the first try.

Irrespective of the first try, you still scored to quick tries after it (failed to convert), and had 26 unanswered points put on after it. It was completely within the Roosters control to win the game but you had 26 missed tackles to 7 in the 2nd half, and a completion rate of 50%, conceded 6 linebreaks but made 0 yourself. With stats like that, they have no one to blame but themselves. They capitulated, there is no other way of putting it.

6 points scored in the 7th minute does not decide a game unless you're talking about a weak-minded side. Especially when you score two tries immediately after. We completed 2.5 times the amount of sets in the 2nd half than the Roosters did, no team can ever win under those conditions

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
you never know what might have happened if we didn’t concede the first try.
lol. Yes indeed. Just like you don't what would have happened if you didn't concede the four tries that followed.

You went into the sheds at half time leading the game. You had every chance to go on with it. Look at the scoreboard.

aussie7798

First Grade

You must have been a ghastly ref

Soward was attempting to get his body underneath the ball not playing at it if he was attempting to knock the ball away with his legs i would have thought that would have been a penalty, i have never seen a situation in a game before when it has been ruled that a player stripped the ball with his legs

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Irrespective of the first try, you still scored to quick tries after it (failed to convert), and had 26 unanswered points put on after it. It was completely within the Roosters control to win the game but you had 26 missed tackles to 7 in the 2nd half, and a completion rate of 50%, conceded 6 linebreaks but made 0 yourself. With stats like that, they have no one to blame but themselves. They capitulated, there is no other way of putting it.

6 points scored in the 7th minute does not decide a game unless you're talking about a weak-minded side. Especially when you score two tries immediately after. We completed 2.5 times the amount of sets in the 2nd half than the Roosters did, no team can ever win under those conditions

Well said.

Quite frankly I can't see how anyone could argue against that. But I suspect some will try.

The unfortunate thing is that there are decent Easts supporters who are accepting of the result and looking forward to next year. To them, I dip my hat.

But there are others, including fringe dwellers from other clubs, who are chucking tanties and blaming the ref. They embarass themselves more than anything, but must also be making some of their fellow supporters cringe.

skeepe

Immortal
This is a bit rich coming from you Skeepe. Remember in round 6 when we flogged Canberra 36-6 and it was the refs that won it for us or any other loss Canberra have ever had in their history…. Clearly the refs fault those ones.

What about the travesty when Alan Tongue takes a hit up and the opposition tackles him and the ref has the audacity to not blow a penalty!!!

Whilst you're exaggerating quite a bit, I never claimed that I wasn't a hypocrite.

Latest posts