What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Archer wins the grand final

Y2Eel

First Grade
Y2Eel, thank you for confirming that the side playing in the nrl known as the dragons has 16 titles.

i don't really give a rats about super league.

see Baron, even the Parra fan says 16

I love the way you spin it your cute...

Denial.jpg

Lets do a little refresher...

Balmain Tigers
Premierships 11 - 1915, 1916, 1917, 1919, 1920, 1924, 1939, 1944, 1946, 1947, 1969
West
Premierships 4 – 1930, 1934, 1948, 1952
West Tigers
Premierships 1 (2005)

St George Dragons
Premierships 15 – 1941, 1949, 1956, 1957, 1958, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1977, 1979
Illawarra Steelers
Premierships 0
St George Illawarra
Records
Premierships 1 (2010)

Y2Eel

First Grade
i don't really care about other clubs and i'm happy to defer to the supporters of that club to let me know what their history is.

Well its pretty straight forward though if the St George Illawarra Dragons are claiming 16 titles then West Tigers are also going to claim 16...

skeepe

Immortal
Hmmm... the history section of the Dragons website indicates that if they had won the 1999 grand final it would have been their maiden premiership... now I don't know what to think to be honest.

Common sense tells me this year was their 16th, but when the official website disagrees...

SET2JT

Juniors
Well its pretty straight forward though if the St George Illawarra Dragons are claiming 16 titles then West Tigers are also going to claim 16...
There was a big difference when the Tigers and Wests merged to the Dragons and Illawarra. Tigers and Wests were broke and were most properly gonna get kicked out, while the Dragons kind of saved Illawarra. I have always supported the Dragons and thats number 16 for me. Don't care what anyone else says as its the 16th time someone with the Red V and Dragon has lifted the Trophy up.

Y2Eel

First Grade
There was a big difference when the Tigers and Wests merged to the Dragons and Illawarra. Tigers and Wests were broke and were most properly gonna get kicked out, while the Dragons kind of saved Illawarra. I have always supported the Dragons and thats number 16 for me. Don't care what anyone else says as its the 16th time someone with the Red V and Dragon has lifted the Trophy up.

I understand where your coming from and its great you can say that The big Red V have Won 16..

I wish i could say the Eels have won bloody 5!!!!!!:(

But the record book will show that the St George Dragons have won 15 Illawarra 0 and St George Dragons 1

Willow

Assistant Moderator
That's up to WT supporters. I have no objections to them tallying up and claiming 16.

SET2JT

Juniors
I understand where your coming from and its great you can say that The big Red V have Won 16..

I wish i could say the Eels have won bloody 5!!!!!!:(

But the record book will show that the St George Dragons have won 15 Illawarra 0 and St George Dragons 1
Its so funny how society works. Before Sunday we hadn't won a Grand Final in 31 years and were the biggest chokers in the game, (Sharks and Rabbithos had gone longer in that department) Now since we won it it's our first one and its only been 11 years.

RockWheel

Bench
It's a moot point really. Who honestly cares about the total number of premierships? It's going to feel like number 16 for St George fans, number 1 for Illawarra fans.

Rodent

Bench
It's a moot point really. Who honestly cares about the total number of premierships? It's going to feel like number 16 for St George fans, number 1 for Illawarra fans.
Exactly. I guess Western Suburbs fans would add 2005 to their tally 4+1=5 and Balmain fans would add 2005 to their tally too 11+1=12.
St.George Dragons fans would be 15+1=16 and Steelers fans 0+1=1
I felt no sense of loss when my team added the suffix Illawarra and shared home games with Wollongong. I liked the idea of strengthening my club. We were still the Dragons and kept our jumper. It was seamless for me. 2010 felt the same as 1977 and 1979 for me just as the pain of 1999 was the same as 75, 85, 92, 93 and 96.
At the end of the day, I don't need the blessing of fans of other clubs. I support the Red V wearing Dragons.Always have and always will.

CMUX

You can claim it as whatever you want, you can claim it as the 16th premiership and greatest team of the century if you want.

That will not change the fact that it is premiership number 1 for St George Illawarra and St George Dragons (an entity that does not compete in the NRL) will be on 15 indefinitely.

CMUX

Exactly. I guess Western Suburbs fans would add 2005 to their tally 4+1=5 and Balmain fans would add 2005 to their tally too 11+1=12.
St.George Dragons fans would be 15+1=16 and Steelers fans 0+1=1
I felt no sense of loss when my team added the suffix Illawarra and shared home games with Wollongong. I liked the idea of strengthening my club. We were still the Dragons and kept our jumper. It was seamless for me. 2010 felt the same as 1977 and 1979 for me just as the pain of 1999 was the same as 75, 85, 92, 93 and 96.
At the end of the day, I don't need the blessing of fans of other clubs. I support the Red V wearing Dragons.Always have and always will.

Nice maths... so 17 premierships between the 2 clubs?? :sarcasm:

Guvner

First Grade
Can someone please direct me to the St.George-Illawarra Leagues Club please? Im guessing that is where I will see the 2010 Premiership trophy. :sarcasm:

Latest posts