What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Archer wins the grand final

Rexxy

Coach
And how many premierships has Newcastle won. I say two but many say one because it was not the NRL.

What do you think?

maestro1

Bench
I was even in the crowd at ANZ, and f*ck me dead if I'm lying, I even saw heaps of the same supporters in the crowd that were following the Saints in 1979 and earlier (me included). I can swear that the NRL, News Limited, 2GB, 2SM, Channel 9 and every f*cking medium of media, promoted the fact that we had just won our fiortst premiership in 31 years.....that's right.....31 YEARS.......no mention of 12 years anywhere.....Oh except for the miniscule minded, jealous haters whose teams are sh*t. The "New CLUB" advocates are clinging to this crap like a drowning man clutches at a floating feather. LOL....ha ha ha .....pathetic haters.......why don't you grow a pair and acknowledge what you are trying to deny......we are a great club and always have been....and always will be..........SWEET SIXTEEN

Oh and how about that crowd............both this week and against the Tigers. No wonder channel 9 keeps giving us Friday night games......it is a business and the SAINTS drawer the viewers and crowds in.

bluepill.jpg

Poor liddle Willow knows that his wrong so now has to try to come back with pictures........

Didn't think that you were such a little man that you would tell lies and continue to do so....... Sad.

maestro1

Bench
And how many premierships has Newcastle won. I say two but many say one because it was not the NRL.

What do you think?

They have 2 premierships but half the teams did not contest it....broncos, Raiders, Panthers, Warriors, Cowboys, Bulldogs, Sharks. The history books show it as a premiership and I agree it is.........No different to all of Souths and Eastern Suburbs premierships where 5 or 6 teams battled it out. The only problem I have with that premiership is the number of players on the performance enhancing stuff during that season. At least 3 were caught...O'Davis, McDougall and Richards.......

RockWheel

Bench
They have 2 premierships but half the teams did not contest it....broncos, Raiders, Panthers, Warriors, Cowboys, Bulldogs, Sharks. The history books show it as a premiership and I agree it is.........No different to all of Souths and Eastern Suburbs premierships where 5 or 6 teams battled it out. The only problem I have with that premiership is the number of players on the performance enhancing stuff during that season. At least 3 were caught...O'Davis, McDougall and Richards.......

History books also show, St George Illawarra - 1 premiership.

maestro1

Bench
Poor liddle Willow knows that his wrong so now has to try to come back with pictures........

Didn't think that you were such a little man that you would tell lies and continue to do so....... Sad.

Seriously Baron, you are coming across as a whiny, little, sore losing, child. Grow up and grow a set.......If you read back over your posts in a week or two when the pain of 32 to 8 dissipates a little, you will be deadset embarrassed by your behavior on this forum...

maestro1

Bench
History books also show, St George Illawarra - 1 premiership.

As a joint venture it is 1. The Dragons have 16 premierships. You're not one of those miniscule-minded people who is going to cling to the "new Club" bullsh*t are you? Just a question......

RockWheel

Bench
As a joint venture it is 1. The Dragons have 16 premierships. You're not one of those miniscule-minded people who is going to cling to the "new Club" bullsh*t are you? Just a question......

No I'd agree with that. St George Dragons won their 16th, Illawarra their first. St George fans have been waiting 31 years, Steelers fans 28 years.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Rockwheel, you're entitled to your opinion.

Let's not forget the Baroness's attempt at reasoning: "1 banana + 15 monkeys does not equal 16 banana's."
:lol:

maestro1

Bench
No I'd agree with that. St George Dragons won their 16th, Illawarra their first. St George fans have been waiting 31 years, Steelers fans 28 years.

I applaud your sense of fair play......most on here will use this low blow tactic to try and spoil the joy we are all experiencing from Sunday. I have news for them, nothing can spoil this...especially small minded pettiness and down right mean spirited haters who never get any joy from their clubs so they have to resort to death riding successful clubs. It is actually quite enjoyable coming on here and seeing how miserable they are....

Rockwheel, you're entitled to your opinion.

Let's not forget the Baroness's attempt at reasoning: "1 banana + 15 monkeys does not equal 16 banana's."
:lol:

Thats right Willow according to you, St George-Illawarra and St George are the same team lol......... Seriously mate, I guess Illawarra are just like a silent letter or something aye son?

You've given me some good chuckles mate keep them comming, were due for another picture aye?

So for the 2010 premiership.

1 Premiership goes to St George.
1 Premiership goes to Illawarra.
1 Premiership goes to St George-Dragons.

:lol: Must have been a busy day for the trophy makers! :lol:

And you guys talk about me needing pills, some comedy gold right there.

maestro1

Bench
St George Dragons won 15 when they were still around.

St George-Illawarra Dragons have won 1.

Where did we go exactly...........??nEWSFLASH, WE STILL ARE AROUND...Did you notice that Benny Hornby and his mates were singing the same victory song that Carig Young and his mates sang in 1977 and 1979? The same one that chook, changa, smithy, sticks and reg sang in the 50's and 60's...........they were also wearing the same redv jersey with St george and the Dragon on it.

Build a bridge and get over your sour grapes. i bet your face looked like you had just sucked a lemon at abot 7pm Sunday the 3rd October 2010.

SWEET SIXTEEN

RockWheel

Bench
So for the 2010 premiership.

1 Premiership goes to St George.
1 Premiership goes to Illawarra.
1 Premiership goes to St George-Dragons.

:lol: Must have been a busy day for the trophy makers! :lol:

And you guys talk about me needing pills, some comedy gold right there.

Well officially it will go down as just St George Illawarra. Officially both St George and Illawarra ceased operations as a football club in 1998. But do St George fans care? St George Illawarra is a continuation of the St George club. St George fans have been waiting a long time, do you really think they give a f**k about who 'officially' won?

Out of curiousity how do I have sour Lemons St George-Illawarra played a tremendous second half to belt the Roosters off the paddock, I applaud them it was the arguable the most dominate GF win in the last 20 years..... Good on them for that.

CMUX

St George – 15 premierships
Illawarra – 0
St George Illawarra - 1
http://www.rl1908.com/clubcomps/titles.htm

Again I ask the question: does this also mean that all rugby league history prior to the formation of the NRL in 1998 is now sacrificed, given that the NRL came about as a merger of two entities just as St George Illawarra did?

Going by your logic, you would have to say yes. Given that, how many premierships have the Knights won?

No, we are arguing how many first grade premierships each club has one, what the 1st grade competition was known as is irrelevant.

There are precedents for this throughout the world of sport. For example the USSR (a now defunct nation that was made of many nations) has a separate Olympic medal count to each of the nations it split into i.e. Russia, Ukraine etc.

The logic is irrefutable, dragons fans are welcome to keep their history, they can claim 16 premierships but those 16 premierships are a combination of 3 different premiership tallies from 3 clubs (0 + 1 + 15) – not 1 club.