What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Archer wins the grand final

kingcarney

Juniors
if carney gets those kicks, maybe the roosters arent forcing those passes as much at 18-8, instead 18-12 its different. in saying that, if the ref was fair dragons would of scored 12 points max, and roosters probs would of won 20-12

Meth

Staff member
You're a deadset f**king idiot :lol:

ah, there's the intelligent discourse that keeps me frequenting the site

I agree with you- if Carney had of converted those tries, we very well could have been congratulating the Roosters on a premiership win. The Dragons' premiership was won on account of superior goal kicking and the psychological advantage that it brought and it had nothing to do with the 26 unanswered second half points.

Seriously, when it comes down to it, the Dragons win was comprehensive- can't blame the refs, can't point to Carney's missed attempts at goal- they were just out and out the best team in the competition on the day and in 2010

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
ah, there's the intelligent discourse that keeps me frequenting the site

I agree with you- if Carney had of converted those tries, we very well could have been congratulating the Roosters on a premiership win. The Dragons' premiership was won on account of superior goal kicking and the psychological advantage that it brought and it had nothing to do with the 26 unanswered second half points.

Seriously, when it comes down to it, the Dragons win was comprehensive- can't blame the refs, can't point to Carney's missed attempts at goal- they were just out and out the best team in the competition on the day and in 2010
I know and understand all that - and I appreciate your facetiousness. I don't think you understand the psychology behind how many points you find yourself trailing on the scoreboard by. It's pointless arguing about it now as the result is done and dusted but if you don't understand why it could have been different then I feel a bit sorry for you. Others clearly could.

Meth

Staff member
if carney gets those kicks, maybe the roosters arent forcing those passes as much at 18-8, instead 18-12 its different. in saying that, if the ref was fair dragons would of scored 12 points max, and roosters probs would of won 20-12

Cheque please

Meth

Staff member
I know and understand all that - and I appreciate your facetiousness. I don't think you understand the psychology behind how many points you find yourself trailing on the scoreboard by. It's pointless arguing about it now as the result is done and dusted but if you don't understand why it could have been different then I feel a bit sorry for you. Others clearly could.

I understand that, and in some games I would not oppose your point. I would even echo it.

Not in this one.

re 'others clearly could'- of course...everyone is looking for some way to discredit the Dragons for their win. Its a bit desperate though, don't you think?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
everyone is looking for some way to discredit the Dragons for their win
I have been waiting for someone to say they would not have beaten Melbourne....it is early days, and it will happen.

Twice MP and now Premiers, deserved IMO.

Timmah

Staff member
Why would I be trying to discredit them for their win? I was cheering for them last night - you won't find a team I hate more than the Roosters (apart from maybe Parra :lol:)

Meth

Staff member
Why would I be trying to discredit them for their win? I was cheering for them last night - you won't find a team I hate more than the Roosters (apart from maybe Parra :lol:)

Well, I wasn't referring to you particularly, but here's the reason- Because they won

Just because you preferred them to the Roosters, doesn't mean you, or I, or every other non-Dragons fan on this forum is not going to latch onto whatever straw they could possibly find to discredit their performance

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
First 2 tries should not have been tries

young try should have and was BoD

not sure where your third dragons unlawful was and the carney forward pass looked forward from every angle except the top view

Have you heard yourself? Pick up a f**king book, f**kwit. Aerial views >

The pass was clearly not forward. The aerial shot showed it was objectively flat at worst

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
Maybe in your mind, but its lucky no one gives a f**k what you think. Why do you even post here? Have you ever found anyone that agrees with your posts?

Pretty much every non Dragon agrees with me.

The refs gifted you 3 tries, stole 1 legit try from the Roosters in the process and gave you all the momentum and lead.

These are facts. Everyone but Dragons and Dragons bandwagoners can see it

How can you be happy in a victory where 3 of your tries were illegally awarded lmao?:lol::lol:

Timmah

Staff member
The only thing apparent is your bitterness.

The Dragons are the 2010 premiers, rightfully so, and even most Roosters fans admit they're the better side.

Your ramblings and anti-Saints sentiment is only making it sweeter for those who wear the Red V, and is only causing more embarrassment for you.

The most hilarious part is that you don't even have a pair - how about telling everyone who you go for instead of hiding behind an innocuous nickname? Softcock.

Apey

Staff member
All class RL bible man.

lol, please.

If my team won the premiership I'd be on here laughing my ass off at all the haters, which Dragons fans have plenty of and have copped a lot of sh*t from on these boards (much to my delight) this year and last year.

Would you really give a f**k what people on here think after your team just won? :lol:

Class? Lol, a winner is a winner.

scruffy

Juniors
Subtract 6. 14-0 to Roosters at half time, different story. No explanation needed.

Attachments

• 551136-brett-morris.jpg
    551136-brett-morris.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 12

chunk

Juniors
Congratulations refs.

Ref scum

Cop it on the chin you big pussy

I'm not a Dragons fan but they were easily the best side yesterday.

Show some dignity the ref didn't decide yesterdays games and basically they don't decide 95% of them.

Soft c**k......

Meth

Staff member
Subtract 6. 14-0 to Roosters at half time, different story. No explanation needed.

How on earth do you figure?

OK- Gasnier try should not have been a try. Then again, neither should the Anasta try. The Leilua one should have been- probably would have gone unconverted. So it may have been the Roosters going into HT 8-6 up.

So what?

The Grand Final was over with 20 minutes to go...there's no hiding from the fact that the Dragons won and the Roosters lost, fair and square

RedVfaithful

Juniors

Dragons won fair and square get over it. and how would u get 14-0 at half time if gasniers try wasnt a try it would have been 8-0 and we still would have smashed u in the second half

cleary89

Coach
Leilua was forward, the Anasta was a knock on. The other one was from a rake that got called a knock on.

0 points for Roosters.