What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are all Aussies cats?

Usain Bolt

Bench
After half the Manly team jumped in to help G.Stewart today I'm wondering can any Aussies fight one on one. Going back to last years 4 nations when Shillington threw a dog shot at Isaac Luke from behind and Bird hit Jeremy Smith in the final from behind as well. Tonight we saw Brett Stweart charge into Adam Blair from 30m away and cheap shot him. Are there any decent Aussie blokes left like Kevin Campion who want to fight fair not foul?

Patorick

Staff member
76895-grandpa-simpson.gif

Glenn Stewart would have been happy to bash Blair by himself. Brett was only looking out for one of the only people who was in his corner when the rugby league world perceived him as a rapist. Lussick just got carried away being a young guy wanting to mix it up with the big boys. Watmough to his credit doesn't throw punches but loves being in the thick of it. Foran could have decked any of the Storm players but thankfully it didn't come to that.

seaeagle sam

They got there first because they were closer. If Storm were attacking the same line, they would have gotten there first. I'm more upset Stewart didn't hit Blair in head harder.

seaeagle sam

While I'm at it. Being a Kiwi you may be able to tell me the answer to something I've always wanted to know - Why are New Zealander's whiny turds with chips on their shoulders?

koal4e

Juniors
Would love to know what bashing you would give give me then as a Pom if your saynig Kiwis are whiny and Aussies are...cats

langpark

First Grade
I'm glad this thread came up, because it's something i've always believed they need to get tougher on. But it's hardly an 'aussie' thing. Remember the Paul Gallen/Isaac Luke fight? Watch how far the NZ #13 runs to kamikaze into an Aussie player who has his back turned...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkKPEJ91f-Q

hitman82

Bench
It's pretty tough to choose who to suspend for running in when some of the players will just say they were trying to break the fight up. If NRL were serious they'd make a strict "anyone coming in after the initial punch" gets suspended automatically rule - that'd stop it pretty fast.
Personally I love seeing bust-ups in league; it adds to the character of the game.

langpark

First Grade
It's pretty tough to choose who to suspend for running in when some of the players will just say they were trying to break the fight up. If NRL were serious they'd make a strict "anyone coming in after the initial punch" gets suspended automatically rule - that'd stop it pretty fast.
Personally I love seeing bust-ups in league; it adds to the character of the game.
good idea, like in ice hockey, two guys square up one on one, then when one goes down, the refs and only the refs can break it up...

POPEYE

Coach
Was there a fight last night? Where are you AG . . . if the boys down the pub threw that many punches and everyone walked away unscathed they wouldn't show their faces for a month

hitman82

Bench
good idea, like in ice hockey, two guys square up one on one, then when one goes down, the refs and only the refs can break it up...

Yeah, exactly like ice hockey! And think of all the potentially epic fights that get ruined by guys like Thaiday running in and turning a bout into a boring wrestle - if players were left to fight until the refs break it up the game would become even more entertaining.

Fighting is an illegal play, and the refs should be the only ones officiating on it.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Was there a fight last night? Where are you AG . . . if the boys down the pub threw that many punches and everyone walked away unscathed they wouldn't show their faces for a month

You're not wrong old mate. When you and me used to rumble we'd take on the whole pub of rednecks and not leave until the hearse was full. Remember that day we took on the entire African immigrant population of Rooty Hill?

Those blokes last night would have been pissing there pants just seeing you and me old mate.

POPEYE

Coach
You're not wrong old mate. When you and me used to rumble we'd take on the whole pub of rednecks and not leave until the hearse was full. Remember that day we took on the entire African immigrant population of Rooty Hill?

Those blokes last night would have been pissing there pants just seeing you and me old mate.

Out of interest, what gender are you?