What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are all Aussies cats?

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
After half the Manly team jumped in to help G.Stewart today I'm wondering can any Aussies fight one on one. Going back to last years 4 nations when Shillington threw a dog shot at Isaac Luke from behind and Bird hit Jeremy Smith in the final from behind as well. Tonight we saw Brett Stweart charge into Adam Blair from 30m away and cheap shot him. Are there any decent Aussie blokes left like Kevin Campion who want to fight fair not foul?

Troll harder idiot, but I'm sure you missed Eastwood punching Shillington in the back of the head.

POPEYE

Coach
Let's just say if I had a choice I'd take olive oil over Bluto old mate.

I would have thought you'd prefer sausage over tacho. Then again it doesn't matter what gender you are these days does it?

It's the reaction you have to anything involving fully clothed men getting together that gives the impression. Something that the ladies have trouble invisaging also

Walt Flanigan

Referee
lol @ the OP.

You do realise that Liam Foran was the second player there and tackled Blair to the ground?

Where is he from again?

After half the Manly team jumped in to help G.Stewart today I'm wondering can any Aussies fight one on one. Going back to last years 4 nations when Shillington threw a dog shot at Isaac Luke from behind and Bird hit Jeremy Smith in the final from behind as well. Tonight we saw Brett Stweart charge into Adam Blair from 30m away and cheap shot him. Are there any decent Aussie blokes left like Kevin Campion who want to fight fair not foul?

Lol. I've seen Adam Blair do the same thing twice. 2009 Four Nations, Gallen and Luke had a fight, Blair came from about 30 metres and tackled Thaiday.

He did it in the WCC the other year too :lol:

Yeah, exactly like ice hockey! And think of all the potentially epic fights that get ruined by guys like Thaiday running in and turning a bout into a boring wrestle - if players were left to fight until the refs break it up the game would become even more entertaining.

Fighting is an illegal play, and the refs should be the only ones officiating on it.

Not really the same though, is it. In Ice Hockey they're on Ice Skates and wearing restrictive clothing and padding, which means the punches are limited in power. Not to mention they're on ice, in skates, which means they have no balance, which means their punches are restricted in power.

Most Hockey fights end with the 2 "fighters" losing their balance and falling over.

If 1-on-1 fights like that were allowed on a RL field you'd see broken hands, knuckles, fingers, wrists, eyes, noses, jaws, faces every other fight. It would double the injury rate :lol:

Shorty

Staff member
Yeah, exactly like ice hockey! And think of all the potentially epic fights that get ruined by guys like Thaiday running in and turning a bout into a boring wrestle - if players were left to fight until the refs break it up the game would become even more entertaining.

Fighting is an illegal play, and the refs should be the only ones officiating on it.
It is given much more leniency in Origin.
But I agree with you.

Masoe, I don't think you've watched an Ice Hockey fight....do yourself a favour and youtube one.They throw their gear off....it's like a sign of a fight.

It is given much more leniency in Origin.
But I agree with you.

Masoe, I don't think you've watched an Ice Hockey fight....do yourself a favour and youtube one.They throw their gear off....it's like a sign of a fight.

Not only have I seen a fight, I've been in them. There's a ton of gear under your jersey... you can't throw a punch in that stuff for your life.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_hockey_equipment#Equipment_used_by_regular_players

Go join your local team and see for yourself.

A Youtube highlights package of all the best fights from the last 50 years doesn't really mean much. Most hockey fights are just pitter-patter punches that wouldn't fell a 6 year old girl. That's not a slight on hockey, that's just the truth. I can't throw a punch in those circumstances, you can't, and Mike Tyson himself would struggle.

The fact they even allow fights to the extent they do is testament to the impossibility of fighting on ice.

http://www.youtube.com/user/hockeyfightsdotcom

Anyone is welcome to go through all these highlight worthy hockey fights and see exactly what I'm talking about. Not an ounce of power or form behind 99% of punches.

I'm telling you now if you allowed that sort of close quarter fighting in League, on grass, wearing nothing to restrict movement, players would SLAUGHTER each other. The only reason it doesn't happen now is because players throw mad haymakers and miss 90% of the team, knowing they've got about 2 punches at best before someone tackles them to the floor or breaks it up.

Bring in Hockey rules on fighting and you'd see a player a game exiting the field looking like Daniel Conn after he met Michael Weyman :lol:

250_conn.jpg

Or just try ice skating, even without the armour blocking your movement you'll notice you have no balance or grounded feet to work punches from

Stinkler

Juniors
Everything is about Kiwis V Aussies for this clown. Seriously "bro".

As for fighting fairly, how good was the dog uppercut from Kiwi Blair while 3 guys were holding Hinchcliffe. That's a solid one on one fight hey?

TheDMC

Bench
While I'm at it. Being a Kiwi you may be able to tell me the answer to something I've always wanted to know - Why are New Zealander's whiny turds with chips on their shoulders?

'Whiny turds,' classic man! Presuming 98% of people on these NRL forums are aussies and the amount of whining, hate, parochialism, and so forth, that seems a little like the pot calling the kettle black.

TheDMC

Bench
and yep this is a dumb thread...

BTW the reason NZ sends over all its scaffolders and removalists to Australia is simply to increase the IQ of both countries...

Stinkler

Juniors
and yep this is a dumb thread...

BTW the reason NZ sends over all its scaffolders and removalists to Australia is simply to increase the IQ of both countries...

It's only the sheep that keep NZ's IQ at a respectable level mate.
:)

_Johnsy

Referee

I take you missed the initial fight where Blair was throwing punches at G Stewarts head while two of his melbourne team mates held him.

Nice chip on the shoulder, how do you walk around with all that extra weight?