What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are South Sydney the real deal?

BunniesMan

Immortal
We're not starting to falter. It's all part of the plan. 3rd is the worst possible scenario that could happen. This was a tactical loss, even if we didn't mean to lose, it was tactically advantageous.

Big Sam

First Grade
We're not starting to falter. It's all part of the plan. 3rd is the worst possible scenario that could happen. This was a tactical loss, even if we didn't mean to lose, it was tactically advantageous.

Fair dinkum. Can't believe someone could be as screwed up in the head as you.

If we'd won tonight we would most likely have finished 2nd which, if my cardinal numbers are right, is better than 4th.

Apey

Staff member

You are still my favourite forum genius :ls:. Don't go a changin'.

snoozer

Bench
just ruptured something laughing at that.

Bumble

First Grade
So much bitterness - I'm still not worried. They were pretty bad tonight but nothing to panic about. If you can beat the minor premiers, you can beat anyone.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Fair dinkum. Can't believe someone could be as screwed up in the head as you.

If we'd won tonight we would most likely have finished 2nd which, if my cardinal numbers are right, is better than 4th.
How would it have been likely to have finished 2nd? We'd still be behind Melbourne. They have 2 winnable games, they'd have to lose one of them and we'd have to beat the Knights and they never lose round 26.

We'll win next week and that'll be enough to get 4th. Then we'll have an epic clash at ANZ for a place in week 3.

natheel

Coach

was the manly one a tactical loss too? a tactical loss would be to lose by less points and maybe score more than one try.

Makes the Souths v Eels game interesting next week with us looking dangerous playing carefree footy

also i'm expecting a massive parra contingent there too as it'll be many parras fans last chance to see hindy and burty as the dragons game is practically sold out

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
How would it have been likely to have finished 2nd? We'd still be behind Melbourne. They have 2 winnable games, they'd have to lose one of them and we'd have to beat the Knights and they never lose round 26.

We'll win next week and that'll be enough to get 4th. Then we'll have an epic clash at ANZ for a place in week 3.
Lot of assumptions for a team that has scored a total of 11 points in their last 2 games. With parra trying to dodge the spoon and playing carefree footy they will be a danger side for you next week.

seaeagle sam

Signature, anyone?

I thought last weeks lost was the the one Souths had to have. So now we have had the loss the we had to have and the tactical loss we we needed.

Danny-Boy

Juniors

Yeah so if manly and cowboys win their remaining games, and souffs drop just 1 of their remaining 2, souffs will finish in 5th spot. That would be a massive LOL@50UFF$ for such an epic fail.

Frailty

First Grade
Best thing I've heard from BM...

It's all part of our plan, even if we didn't plan to lose, its definitely all part of our plan.

Bro Bear

Juniors
We have lost the last two games scoring a total of 13 points and both games have been lost in the last 10 - 15 minutes. Have lost the spark in attack and discipline in defence. Need to turn it around quick or it will be, wait until next year - Taylor going, Lima, T Burgess and Teo on the way but still missing that X factor in the centres.

Cowboys woo

Juniors
Souths would of went there to win. Why on earth would you turn up with the mindset of 'ok boys If we lose and show absolutely nothing in attack against a sharks team out of form, it's ok, it's part of the plan!' *sigh*

Unless the plan is to fall out of the top 4 and bow out in week 1 then i guess that is a plan.. Not so well thought out, but it is fair enough... :lol:

Last edited:

Grapple

Bench
I missed last nights game so I don't understand what happened.... I thought Souths were one of the in form teams, now with a full squad coming into the finals?! I wish we could lose games to prepare for the finals. Now we're at 12 in a row. :(

That's a hell of a turn around from Monday night for Cronulla. Respect Sharkies.

Meapro Ham

Juniors
The Souths bubble has popped I would say. Its been pretty obvious they've been getting ahead of themselves in the last few weeks, players starting to talk about finals, ex players flogging biographies and talking up premierships and so on.

The last two weeks have demonstrated pretty clearly they are not a standout amongst the top 8 teams. Maybe next year.

Bananabender

Juniors
I was also disappointed to see them lose. It happens a lot though when you have a player like Inglis out on the sidelines for a few weeks and when he's brought back into the action...it smacks you in the face. Everyone was expecting him to fire and make it all happen and the pressure is on him to win it for the team.

Latest posts