What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are South Sydney the real deal?

StormHi

Juniors
Sharks are gonna waste em :) Out of the top four Bunnies and unfortunately the Storm have looked the most vunereble in their recent losses..... And wins.

Sharks next week should let the fans know where they really are at.

Loudstrat

Coach
Manly are in hot form atm - cannot see anyone getting over them. That said:
1) It's only August
2) No Inglis
3) Souths will learn from that, and can get better.

This is a great finals series coming up!

Garts

Bench
God there is some Manly love around at the moment. Whilst I am happy I am not overly confident yet, we jagged a win against the Warriors and our attack has not been the best the last month or so. Happy our defence is improving but we need our attack to step up a couple of gears before the finals.

I wont write off Souths chances but I would not be putting any of my money on them taking it out. Last night had no impact on my view. I just think they are missing something to be a genuine threat.

the dude

Juniors
I think we lack the experience as a team in big games. I'm not expecting a premiership this year but I do expect at least a finals victory and something to build on in 2013

yobbo84

Coach
Deer in the headlights stuff last night by Souths. Hard to be too harsh on them though as manly have grand finalist written all over them.

Got another top 8 side next week in Cronulla. If they fluff that one too then the wheels may be falling off

I agree with all of that. We were clearly outclassed last night. The key is how the team responds to it next week.

Jono1987

Juniors
I think we lack the experience as a team in big games. I'm not expecting a premiership this year but I do expect at least a finals victory and something to build on in 2013

Agree. Although I will say this...

Inglis imo is the most freakishly gifted athlete in the game right now by a large margin (wake up Hayne). He can win a game on his own and most importantly for Souths fans...he has all the big game experience you could want.

Loudstrat

Coach
Seeing you somehow dragged Hayne into this, lets see Pie Eater rip and tear like Hayne did in this period 3 years ago..........

Jono1987

Juniors
Seeing you somehow dragged Hayne into this, lets see Pie Eater rip and tear like Hayne did in this period 3 years ago..........

Somehow? We all know that both Inglis and Hayne are extremely gifted and talented, sitting far and beyond every other player in the competition. The difference right now is that Inglis has sorted out his personal issues and is consequently playing his best footy. Hayne just doesn't care enough.

Tis a shame.

seaeagle sam

We could not played any worse than last night. So I would say we have more upside based on last nights performance. But you know Manly were very good and really never allowed souths to get into the contest. We are a different beast with GI at the back. I hope the bunnies respond well next week against the sharks.

GI will make a difference no doubt. I agree Manly were good last night and our defence has been great recently but I still have some doubt as to how many gears Souths have.

As I said, if they take the right lessons from last night they will be there or there abouts. I'm not writing Souths off, I just have doubts.

seaeagle sam

Speaking of which and just off topic a tad... how is the JH travelling at the moment. Serious question, I just haven't had the time I'd like to follow other teams.

Billythekid

First Grade
I think Manly are just really under rated. At the start of the year they were the favourites (and deservedly) so and nothing should have changed. If Manly are fit they can beat anyone.

Actually as a storm fan Manly getting back into form is one of the things that has hurt our chances the most. I think we can beat the rest of the teams in the 8, manly i'm not so sure. Come on doggies :p.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Beating the Eels is meaningless. The last 2 weeks for me has shown that Souths are 12 months away from being a genuine finals contender. Now who knows, perhaps they'll make a goose of me and pull some form from somewhere in 3 weeks time, but I just can't see it happening. They have the makings of a very good team in future seasons, if they can learn the hard lessons from this one, and make a couple of astute signings. For mine, they need someone better than Sutton at 6, and the front row could do with some strengthening.