What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are you sick of the Hype???

Eels Dude

Coach
Thanks Mr Angry
the post was not about who has the biggest Wang

Yeah I was a bit harsh Sugar, my apologies. It seemed like this thread was turning into a Souths vs Eels, who'd have the biggest bandwagon competition.

big country

Juniors
If you're going to make claims like that at least back it up with something solid. How the hell did Parramatta contribute to Souths getting kicked out of the comp? As a supporter of the Eels and also of the ARL, and who supported Souths when they attempted to regain entry, even attending their marches, an attitude like yours is completely misguided. No wonder you think opposition fans delighted in your misfortune when you're going to criticize a club and their fans for no reason at all. Get over it and grow up.

you obviously weren't around in 1999 - Parra's last home game against Souths - you billed it as Parra v Souths - "come see Souths last game against us" - history lesson over (or is that selective memory perhaps) - if you call that support, please, we dont need it!!

The Colonel

Immortal
you obviously weren't around in 1999 - Parra's last home game against Souths - you billed it as Parra v Souths - "come see Souths last game against us" - history lesson over (or is that selective memory perhaps) - if you call that support, please, we dont need it!!

In 1999 it was the last game for Souths..... what did you want them to do? Produce a crystal ball and tell everyone they'll be back in two seasons? :lol:

Eels Dude

Coach

I'm sorry Who did? I certainly didn't. The club wouldn't have either. The Parramatta marketing department may have, but surely you cannot hold that against the club for over 10 years. Seriously, get over it. I was around in 1999 surprisingly and I think it's very unfair of you to to criticize the Parramatta club, and all their fans for something so trivial. Especially consider that a lot of us Parra fans actually supported your club being reinstated.

Sugar

Bench
Yeah I was a bit harsh Sugar, my apologies. It seemed like this thread was turning into a Souths vs Eels, who'd have the biggest bandwagon competition.

No worries mate enjoy the week and the hype
I know I will when we have a crack at it :pray:

buster bunny

Juniors
I'm sorry Who did? I certainly didn't. The club wouldn't have either. The Parramatta marketing department may have, but surely you cannot hold that against the club for over 10 years. Seriously, get over it. I was around in 1999 surprisingly and I think it's very unfair of you to to criticize the Parramatta club, and all their fans for something so trivial. Especially consider that a lot of us Parra fans actually supported your club being reinstated.

It was most likely a Fitzgerald idea so I think most souths fans can support parra now that he is gone. It would have been hard to support Parra if he was still around. There were many parra fans who supported souths during our fightback. I think its great the amount of hype this grand final has created. Its also good to see Melbourne embracing it as well.

Go Parra!

ramble_on

Juniors
I wish we had any f**king hype at all..... 4 f**king hours delayed..!! Polar bears and Battle of the f**king burbs..??

fourplay

Juniors
If you watched only the melbournian f**ktard fox sports news channel you would barely know there was a RL game on this weekend so it is a pleasure to see ch7,9,10 etc. giving the game the credit and attention it deserves. The harbour bridge stuff is just awesome. I love it.

big country

Juniors

that's alright Mr Pontius Pilate - dont take it too personally ;-)

Loudstrat

Coach
Doesnt hurt having the Premier of NSW a die hard NSW fan. If he is partially responsible for all this good stuff, I might consider voting for him. ;)
Yes - far better than when we had QLD fans for premier.....

FFS - Melboring also voted. Plus, their CEO was the very same John Ribot that started the ball rolling to punt Souths. And Melbourne didn't have any fans marching to Town Hall unlike the seas of blue and gold that supported you.

But yeah - support Judas you twat.

As for Franklin - Last year it was Manly. Who likes them?

Kiki

First Grade
i live in Eels country (only for another week tho) and i am highly annoyed at all the people who've never expressed an interest in footy before who are all OH GO THE EELS, IVE LOVED THEM FOR AGES. grrrr

having said that, i think the hype is awesome and its good to read something positive after the sh*t year footy has had. obvs i wish it was the Dragons in the GF but i'm happy for Parra to get the love right now.

MSIH

Bench
I've seen more Parra jerseys this week than I've seen in 15 years. It's making me f**ken sick.

Hanscholo

Bench
I am so sick of the hype around Parra. There was pictures of the players on the Harbour Bridge Where was that last year??? I don't like Manly either but what makes Parra so special. No Other team has had so much stuff written about them

Underdogs that came from nowhere, with classic players like Hindmarsh in the side that most people want to see win a comp before he goes. Besides, everyone hates manly, sooner or later unless you support them you end up not liking them.

MSIH

Bench
Underdogs that came from nowhere, with classic players like Hindmarsh in the side that most people want to see win a comp before he goes. Besides, everyone hates manly, sooner or later unless you support them you end up not liking them.

Word.

Mainly because they win comps every decade.

Glen

Bench
Parra have won 10 out of their last 11 games to make it, all sudden death. Would be one of the all-time great turnarounds.
Haven't won a comp in 23 years.
Hayne, going from young screw up with potential to one of the game's elite.
Players like Moi Moi, Inu, Mortimer, Mateo all great to watch.
Parra generally playing very exciting footy.
Long serving one-club players Cayless, Burt and Hindmarsh desperate to win a comp and redeem 2001. Especially Hindmarsh who will have his own statue outside Parra Stadium one day.
Hayne vs Slater, Mortimer vs Finch, Moi Moi vs White etc
Still underdogs vs experienced Storm playing 4th GF in a row.

No wonder there is so much media for Parra. Plus they are a team that generates huge bandwagon support, rates on TV and sells papers. Everyone in Sydney hated Manly and hated watching them win last year, other than a soft spot for Steve Menzies.

Matt23

Staff member
Nup, but I am sick of Funky Junky and his anti Parramatta nonsense.