What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ARLC to meet expansion bidders.

siv

First Grade
You could solve a lot of issues if we demote the Broncos back to the Qld Cup

And let the NRL GF be a between the best in the north v the best in the south

blue bags

First Grade
You could solve a lot of issues if we demote the Broncos back to the Qld Cup

And let the NRL GF be a between the best in the north v the best in the south
where is your border of north and south ? Sydney harbour

siv

First Grade
interesting concept, they play the match before the NRL grand final

No not before anymore but it becomes the GF

All FG teams to revert back to their NSWRL or QRL origins

Eg
Cowboys takeover from Blackhawks
Broncos join where Brisbane Wests once we're
Titans takeover from or revert to being the Tweed Seagulls once again

Diesel

Referee
City of Brisbane colours and the Brisbane City Council are blue and gold. Interesting to see if this colour scheme is adopted or because these are Parra’s colours? It’ll be avoided

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
City of Brisbane colours and the Brisbane City Council are blue and gold. Interesting to see if this colour scheme is adopted or because these are Parra’s colours? It’ll be avoided

Blue-Gold is done to death in the NRL...

The most i would hope for is a Raiders style nod by putting the stripes on the sleeves.

In terms of expansion branding, i dont think anyone can top what the Raiders put together. I think they are a good model for other groups. One dominant and unique colour (for Bris2, maybe bright red) and the city colours as trimming

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Blue-Gold is done to death in the NRL...

The most i would hope for is a Raiders style nod by putting the stripes on the sleeves.

In terms of expansion branding, i dont think anyone can top what the Raiders put together. I think they are a good model for other groups. One dominant and unique colour (for Bris2, maybe bright red) and the city colours as trimming

Something like this...

88303397_2757447054309084_1031432569318539264_n.jpg

I think there are a few of the non-Sydney expansion clubs who could benefit from the Raiders model...

Storm would look great with a solid purple jumper. And the Titans have definitely struggled to even cement brand colors. Short of a brand reboot, the obvious choice for GC is doing a solid, single-colour jumper (the blue seems likely, though gold would be more unique, approapriate for the GOLD Coast and it would get them away from the NSW-esque look).

blue bags

First Grade
combined brisbane rugby league rep team colours are red , well the last time i saw the team play

MrE_Assassin

Juniors
combined brisbane rugby league rep team colours are red , well the last time i saw the team play
The SE QLD representative team (I think they're SE QLD Waterdragons) are Red, Green and White. Looks good but unfortunately is also the iconic colours of South Sydney.

Karl15

Juniors
jim_57 said:

""The location name is the one that is hardest to pick. Western Corridor, West Brisbane, South/West Brisbane, Ipswich, Western, South East QLD etc all have flaws. None obviously better spring to mind.[/QUOTE]""

I'm from Sydney and don't have as thorough knowledge of Brisbane as those who live there. But if you want the new side to play at Suncorp, and can't use the title Brisbane because the Broncos already do, the other part of the "mythology" of Lang Park/Suncorp to my thinking is Caxton Street. I've thought the Caxton ??????'s could be a name Brisbane residents could get behind as an alternative to the Broncos

I've always thought the Caxton Crushers (maybe with red colours, with blue and gold trim as a nod to the original Crushers and to Brisbane City's colours) could work, but I'm sure the marketing people could come up with a better logo. But the team name Caxton encapsulates the emotion of playing at Lang Park/Suncorp

Just a thought :)

MrE_Assassin

Juniors
jim_57 said:

""The location name is the one that is hardest to pick. Western Corridor, West Brisbane, South/West Brisbane, Ipswich, Western, South East QLD etc all have flaws. None obviously better spring to mind.
""

I'm from Sydney and don't have as thorough knowledge of Brisbane as those who live there. But if you want the new side to play at Suncorp, and can't use the title Brisbane because the Broncos already do, the other part of the "mythology" of Lang Park/Suncorp to my thinking is Caxton Street. I've thought the Caxton ??????'s could be a name Brisbane residents could get behind as an alternative to the Broncos

I've always thought the Caxton Crushers (maybe with red colours, with blue and gold trim as a nod to the original Crushers and to Brisbane City's colours) could work, but I'm sure the marketing people could come up with a better logo. But the team name Caxton encapsulates the emotion of playing at Lang Park/Suncorp

Just a thought :)[/QUOTE]
Absolutely not. I lived in Brisbane for a few years and can give you a few reasons why this wouldn't work.

1. Caxton is just the stretch of road that leads to the Stadium from the train station via the old barracks there. It is actually in the Milton/Paddington area. Isolating it to a street name is essentially just as bad as naming it after a small suburb. May as well call them the Milton Mangoes and have a tin of XXXX Gold as thier badge.

2. Proximity to Red Hill - Caxton St is on the Nth side of the river and only a couple of Kms away from the Broncos HQ by road.

3. Cane toads is the QLD origin team moniker. Don't think it would sit well if you're naming yourself after the state side.

4. If the team did accept that name and didn't perform very well then the Caxton name would no longer be an emotive point of QLD success but more affiliated with lack-lustre performance and failure.

I'm not trying to attack you or your idea but I think the broad, abstract naming convention is much easier to get traction and a following than an isolating moniker named after a street.

tri_colours

Juniors
""

Just a thought :)
Absolutely not. I lived in Brisbane for a few years and can give you a few reasons why this wouldn't work.

1. Caxton is just the stretch of road that leads to the Stadium from the train station via the old barracks there. It is actually in the Milton/Paddington area. Isolating it to a street name is essentially just as bad as naming it after a small suburb. May as well call them the Milton Mangoes and have a tin of XXXX Gold as thier badge.

2. Proximity to Red Hill - Caxton St is on the Nth side of the river and only a couple of Kms away from the Broncos HQ by road.

3. Cane toads is the QLD origin team moniker. Don't think it would sit well if you're naming yourself after the state side.

4. If the team did accept that name and didn't perform very well then the Caxton name would no longer be an emotive point of QLD success but more affiliated with lack-lustre performance and failure.

I'm not trying to attack you or your idea but I think the broad, abstract naming convention is much easier to get traction and a following than an isolating moniker named after a street.[/QUOTE]

The name "lack-lustre" just screams QLDer , and surely needs to be taken into consideration before the next Brisbane side is named.

blue bags

First Grade
Huh?

St. George will not have this..

No problem, the club behind it, is a small fry, financially no match for Redcliffe and Easts, they are much, much larger.
bring both clubs in asap, east tigers, redcliffe dolphins

Last edited: