What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Around the Grounds

Yosh

Coach
I'm probably crazy but out of all the teams in the NRL, I think we are most adept at taking them on. We play a similar style but they have more x-factor that'll get them the try or 2 to win the game (Cleary, Luai, Edwards) while we really only have Ponga. If we were to keep winning, would we meet them in the semi or grand final?

Woody90

Juniors
I'm probably crazy but out of all the teams in the NRL, I think we are most adept at taking them on. We play a similar style but they have more x-factor that'll get them the try or 2 to win the game (Cleary, Luai, Edwards) while we really only have Ponga. If we were to keep winning, would we meet them in the semi or grand final?

The way the draw is we’d have to make it to the GF to play them in the finals and there’s about as much chance of that happening as me having a threesome with Sydney Sweeney and Margot Robbie.

Knight Tales

Bench
Pre lim.

Nuke

Staff member
Our likely run to the premiership this year (as unlikely as it may be) is:

Today: NthQld
Next week: Cronulla
Prelim: Penrith
GF: Melbourne

If we can win those in that order, glory is ours. Again, as extremely unlikely as it may be.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Our likely run to the premiership this year (as unlikely as it may be) is:

Today: NthQld
Next week: Cronulla
Prelim: Penrith
GF: Melbourne

If we can win those in that order, glory is ours. Again, as extremely unlikely as it may be.
We just won consecutive games against Souths, Titans and the Dolphins. Lock us in as $1.01 favourites for the Premiership at this point! Maybe $1.02 favourites given Best is out.

Apey

Staff member
Storm have got at least 3 tries from contesting attacking kicks....just saying.
Tbf they also have Warbrick who is probably the best in the game at it. But yeah its not rocket science.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I’m picturing some sort of Simpsons meme using the scene where Homer drives through the red light and yells “It’s ok, I’m a teacher!” And Mrs Hoover says “We can do that?” Except it’s Will Warbrick yelling “It’s ok, I’m a winger!” And AOB says “We can do that?”

Apey

Staff member
I think we would have given any of 5 - 7th teams a good game. Not much between any of them in the end.

Woody90

Juniors
At the moment I don’t think there was much between teams 3-8 even. The top 2 obviously a league of their own and will be very surprised if not a Storm/Penrith GF.

Last edited:

Rod

Bench
Yeah that game was pretty similar to ours actually. Tight game where you could argue the better team lost, but was ultimately decided on a couple of bits of class. That last Manly try was something we couldn't cook up in our current state.