What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Asada 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Card Shark

Immortal
Was reading with interest in the main forum thread that ASADA will use the legal privileges given to them mid last year in their case against Essendon trying to have the investigation declared null & void .

ASADA are saying if the courts rule incorrect process has been followed to get info (unlawfully obtained during the "joint investigation" - which ASADA deny), then they will use those privileges to legally obtain the info, therefore the courts should allow what evidence they have be used against Essendon now instead of the investigstion being repeated, with the same evidence eventually obtained.

Fair enough I suppose, don't want it dragged out. Not sure if that's good or bad for us.... I just want this ended, 1 way or the other.

The Essendon case is set down for 3 days in mid-August. Will be big news when it happens.

Last edited:

Card Shark

Immortal
Yeh, a big surprise to me is that it's only set down for 3 days.

Court cases like this usually take ages, so I thought 3 weeks would be more realistic.

I was hearing that ASADA said if case thrown out due to how details obtained would start from scratch again.

There is no way that will be allowed to happen, that would be basically another 2 years double the cost and by that time the Essendon players most of them could well be retired.

ASADA what a waste of time

Card Shark

Immortal
There is no way that will be allowed to happen

You bullshit on with your weekly spiel about ASADA having nothing but haven't you learnt anything from this mess?

Anything goes mate & if they have to do it again, they will.

They need something to justify their budget & wages.

Stinkler

Juniors
You bullshit on with your weekly spiel about ASADA having nothing but haven't you learnt anything from this mess?

Anything goes mate & if they have to do it again, they will.

They need something to justify their budget & wages.

How the hell can they start the investigation again?
They know the outcome, but have to find new ways to prove it?
That can't happen can it?

Vin Fizz

Bench
Get yuh best gif goin' on this one Bro.

Corey Barker The 3rd

julia.jpg

Ev'ry Panther loved Julia and her lil snotty Corey.

And his be mate Earl J Wagadorn. He was the token honky.

Quigs

Immortal
I remember back around the Julia times .... every show had to have a cute lil negro guy.

And his daddy died in the vietnam war - was a helicopter pilot.

Three former players sue the Cronulla Sharks club and former coaches Shane Flanagan and Trent Elkin over supplements

THREE former Cronulla Sharks players have taken aim at suspended coach Shane Flanagan and former head trainer Trent Elkin with the trio suing them personally over the club’s controversial supplements program.

In the case, which is potentially worth millions, Josh Cordoba, Isaac Gordon and Broderick Wright have filed a statement of claim in the Downing District Court listing Flanagan and Elkin as defendants.

Cordoba and Gordon launched legal action against the club late last year claiming they both suffered damage as a result of being exposed to the 11-week program of injections, creams and tablets three seasons ago.

Lawyer James Chrara from Shine Lawyers confirmed Wright had joined the action in February.

The statement of claim lists the Sharks club as the first defendant and sports scientist Stephen Dank, who implemented a supplement program at the club, as the second defendant.

Flanagan and Elkin are listed as the third and fourth defendants respectively.

While no defences have yet been filed, Danks, Flanaghan and Elkin have all previously denied wrongdoing in relation to the supplements program.

The move to add Dank, Flanagan and Elkin personally means the three could be liable to pay damages out of their own pockets if they lose the action

Though that is a long way off and the court has not heard much of the evidence or made a decision

Equally, if the players lose the action they could be looking at paying hefty court costs for the opposing legal teams.

The district court hears matters worth up to $750,000 with court costs potentially pushing the number higher.

The court allows the amount for each plaintiff, meaning a successful case could be worth millions.

Last December, the NRL suspended Flanagan for 12 months

Elkin had taken a job with the Parramatta Eels, but the NRL cancelled his registration with the league before he won an appeal to have it downgraded to a 21 month suspension.

The club was fined $1 million.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...987266948?nk=e27a40ab6164cbe5e011a900fc3eaf60

Madsharkie

First Grade
Lucky Asada didnt investigate the Baden Clay murder. He wouldn't have been interviewed yet.

Geez the media are trying to fill us up on that story (in Brisbane anyway). Fmd it's non stop. I feel sorry for the kids, yet jamming the story down our throats every 5mins isn't going to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts