What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ask LU - The relationship advice thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
So, what's the key to moving on from a girlfriend that broke up with you four months ago and you're still hung up on her? I've got a prospective job out at Narrabri, so theoretically that'd probably be the best thing to take - get away from here for a little while and try to forget about her; problem being I dunno if I can do that :(

There usualy isnt a trick, it just takes time. Sometimes not even an excessive amount of time helps with moving on. You could go out & hook up with as many girls as you could & it may make you feel no better. Or you could completely forget about girls & just hang with mates & devote all your time to work & hobbies & that also makes you feel no better. It sucks but sometimes thats the way it goes. Just keep on going with your everyday life & eventually you will find yourself thinking of her less & less. Try & avoid her at all costs though, nothing worse than running into ex & finding out they've moved on when you have not.

Cliffhanger

Coach
What exactly makes you think he's not that into you?

Well we went climbing yesterday and after we were done I asked him if he wanted to grab something to eat, he turned me down. So yeah no hope of coming back from there really.

Cliffhanger

Coach
Haha, dude it was hard enough to ask him to get something to eat. Replying to his rejection with that would have taken some massive cajones. I kind of wish I thought of it.

adamkungl

Immortal
I've given up on successfully asking people out. In future I'm just going to accidentally on purpose hook up with them, that seems to work so much better.

Cliffhanger

Coach
Yeah just get out the rusty screwdriver right now please AG. At least the pain and the shortness of breath as my lungs fill with blood will mask these crappy emotional feelings.

Karl

Juniors
Well we went climbing yesterday and after we were done I asked him if he wanted to grab something to eat, he turned me down. So yeah no hope of coming back from there really.

Did you outclimb him and threaten his masculinity? (if so forget him) How did he turn you down? He might have just had other things to do and had no time. He might like you but he's trying not to smother you or look too eager. Some idiot may have told him to hold back a little because it'll make you want him more. He obviously likes you enough to spend time with you climbing - he could just be scared of one-on-one conversation. A mate of mine used to be petrified of awkward silences so until he got really comfortable with a girl he avoided dinners and stuff unless others were around.

Joker's Wild

Coach
So, what's the key to moving on from a girlfriend that broke up with you four months ago and you're still hung up on her? I've got a prospective job out at Narrabri, so theoretically that'd probably be the best thing to take - get away from here for a little while and try to forget about her; problem being I dunno if I can do that :(

A change of scenery may be the ticket JD but the biggest thing to do is actually take a good long look at exactly why you are still hung up on her. Is it because you miss her or only miss the companionship?

Trying to forget someone pretty much never works, the key is letting them go.

Didgi

Aight.. You f**kers can deal with my teenage soppy testicle-lacking shit now.

So met a girl in Brisbane at a camp start of Dec. At the end of the camp just before she left she came up, we hugged and I asked for her number, she was going so told me to get her on FB. She didn't add me for a couple of days, and not until I'd sent her a message asking if she wanted to meet up again as I was heading up to the Sunshine Coast where she was. She said she hadn't added me because she wasn't sure who I was (wasn't sure my surname) etc. and she had other plans so we couldn't meet up.

So main question, do I bother? We got on well in Brisbane but everything she gave me in the days after sort of gave me an impression of 'go f**k yourself'.

I'll be seeing her again at a follow up camp in June/July for a couple of days, so if yes do I talk to her now and try to establish something or wait until I see her personally?

Both the girls I have crushes on live a thousand f**king ks away, situation sucks dick.

Karl

Juniors
What kind of camp was it? (relevant to the type of person you'd meet on it and potentially life attitudes etc)

You're in Cairns, she's on the SC - that's not a good look to[FONT=&quot] begin with. You’re young and so she’s – so it’s unlikely to be anything massively serious and you barely know each other. Sounds like a crush, which is great, but unless you have a private jet, it’s going to be awkward doing too much about it. She sounds like she has a short attention span, but that's normal.

Don’t burn the bridge, it might still go somewhere worth getting across too, but don’t obsess. Keep it light, be cool and witty and build her up without sucking up, and see what happens. Young fella like you – have a few hooks in the water like that, you never know which rod will get a nibble and it’s easy to maintain a light hand on the tiller these days with FB. [/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.