What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ask LU - The relationship advice thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monk

Referee
Just be straight up with the boy cliffy. Tell him youre keen and if he's not, then good riddance.

Didgi

What kind of camp was it? (relevant to the type of person you'd meet on it and potentially life attitudes etc)

You're in Cairns, she's on the SC - that's not a good look to[FONT=&quot] begin with. You’re young and so she’s – so it’s unlikely to be anything massively serious and you barely know each other. Sounds like a crush, which is great, but unless you have a private jet, it’s going to be awkward doing too much about it. She sounds like she has a short attention span, but that's normal.

Don’t burn the bridge, it might still go somewhere worth getting across too, but don’t obsess. Keep it light, be cool and witty and build her up without sucking up, and see what happens. Young fella like you – have a few hooks in the water like that, you never know which rod will get a nibble and it’s easy to maintain a light hand on the tiller these days with FB. [/FONT]

Of course it's just a crush, not pretending it's anything else. The camp was a young leaders thing/nerd camp. Not burning the bridge is the reason for the post.

joshie

Live Update Team
Joshie - you like her, hang out with her, do Uni. The two are not mutually exclusive, and if you need to focus more on Uni, tell her why and do it. Balance and compromise is never gonna go away. And if you meet someone hotter you like more, move on in a civilised way.

sounds good :D I love that last line too hahahha

first world problems of a 19 year old.....

Shorty

Staff member
Ok so....I do need some sort of advice on this one.
A close mate, that I've known for like 4 years, has quite the staunch view on gay marriage (doesn't really get it and she's a gay woman btw).
I told her, actually I told her my fiance proposed didn't even really tell her anything else and I got a response back that said 'I can't support that'.
I didn't reply, mostly cause of shock I guess.

I'm just wondering, do you cull that friend? She did like me at one stage, but I'm thinking it's more her views on marriage itself that has triggered that response.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
A change of scenery may be the ticket JD but the biggest thing to do is actually take a good long look at exactly why you are still hung up on her. Is it because you miss her or only miss the companionship?

Trying to forget someone pretty much never works, the key is letting them go.
The frustrating thing JW is that you're telling me pretty much what everyone else is telling me. But at the end of the day, I've been trying to figure out for 4 months why I physically can't let her go and I'm still where I was four months ago. If I was going to try and pinpoint why I'm still hung up on her, I'd say it's cos I still love her. Seems a bit weird when if she loved me back, she wouldn't have done what she did, but yeah; it's still fkn complicated, confusing, call it what you will ...

joshie

Live Update Team
A close mate, that I've known for like 4 years, has quite the staunch view on gay marriage (doesn't really get it and she's a gay woman btw).
I told her, actually I told her my fiance proposed didn't even really tell her anything else and I got a response back that said 'I can't support that'.

I'm just wondering, do you cull that friend? She did like me at one stage, but I'm thinking it's more her views on marriage itself that has triggered that response.

that is the most self centred disgusting thing i have ever read. If she was your friend then she would hopefully support you no matter what. I hate Aussie rules with a passion, but I would go to EVERY game of Aussie Rules to support a friend or family member. No matter what support is one of the fundamentals of a friendship and if she can't do that then what type of friend is she.

I wouldn't fall back on jealousy either because obviously she knows it will never happen if your engaged. She just needs to grow up and move on. and maybe who knows if its time to distance yourself. everyone changes, and so does the people around you.

Congratulations btw :)

Last edited:

adamkungl

Immortal
that is the most self centred disgusting thing i have ever read. If she was your friend then she would hopefully support you no matter what. I hate Aussie rules with a passion, but I would go to EVERY game of Aussie Rules to support a friend or family member. No matter what support is one of the fundamentals of a friendship and if she can't do that then what type of friend is she.

I'd disown them.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member

well if that's her view, you'll find she'll distance herself from you anyway and save you the drama.

A friend of mrs unit asked us to go to a game of AFL with them.

I told them I have a potato masher at home, and if I feel the need to be a bit gay, I'll stick that up my date instead.

We don't speak with them anymore.

Our life is awesome :)

Springs

First Grade
it is that and it is uni. not sure if i could handle it at once! lol im confused, so what do i do: ask you lot :crazy:

but i dont want her to get upset etc and after a month or so of uni, ill probably wanna go out with her haha im trying to avoid pushing her away at all costs too

Well if you want to sleep around rather than go out with her then it doesn't seem like you want her that much and she deserves to be pissed in my opinion.

Springs

First Grade
The frustrating thing JW is that you're telling me pretty much what everyone else is telling me. But at the end of the day, I've been trying to figure out for 4 months why I physically can't let her go and I'm still where I was four months ago. If I was going to try and pinpoint why I'm still hung up on her, I'd say it's cos I still love her. Seems a bit weird when if she loved me back, she wouldn't have done what she did, but yeah; it's still fkn complicated, confusing, call it what you will ...

That sucks. It's currently been a year and seven days for me. And I still don't know why I can't let her go. I mean I didn't want to for about 9 months or so, I still really wanted her. But for the last 3 months I haven't wanted her back and I don't want to like her but still can't let it go. And because of that I don't really feel anything for any other girls who I think I could be with. f**king annoying.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
so if you're the "groom twit", is the person you're marrying the "groom twat"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts