What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ask LU - The relationship advice thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Atrapitis.gif

lol When I 1st read joshies post this is the exact picture I thought of

This would also have been appropriate

train-wreck.jpg

Karl

Juniors
Soundgarden live and Sex. That should get him out of your system.

If that doesn't work you'll need Castor Oil, Milk of Magnesia, 3 feet of rubber house, a plumbers plunger and a well drained area.

Mr_Raditch

Juniors

:lol::lol::lol: so true. IMO relationships during your teens & early 20s are way over rated. Spend the time with your mates having fun & travelling. Travelling is a thousand times more fun doing it solo or with some friends then travelling with a partner.

dogslife

Coach
Go to your concert alone Clifton, grab the junk of the nearest man, give him the you-me-disabled toilet-now look and you'll be saying crag androtop who?

Springs

First Grade
I have always been honest with her, saying how much I just want to experience new things and see what they are like. She understands my position and realizes that it is something i'd like to experience and just be free to do watever i like. And she said she is interested in that a little bit.

And we discussed this at length and it is more a life experience thing than anything else.

Alright then. That's ok for people who think sleeping around is an important life experience.

IMO relationships during your teens & early 20s are way over rated. Spend the time with your mates having fun & travelling. Travelling is a thousand times more fun doing it solo or with some friends then travelling with a partner.

I completely disagree with the bolded part. However I agree with the rest.

Skinner

Coach
I was married at 22 and my wife was 20. Last year we celebrated 35 years of marriage. We travelled extensively together. It was fabulous to do it as a couple.

Karl

Juniors
I turned 26 on my honeymoon and had a kid at 28. I LIKE being a young-ish Dad. We went round Europe for a month when the munchkin was 2. Went back and did a different crawl with kids at 1, 3 and 6 y/0. Took the Brother-in-law and his wife as stand-in baby sitters/load sharers and comp'ed their airfares and some accom. They got pregnant in Switzerland looking after our kids while we went to France for a week, so apparently it didn't cramp their style too much :) People who see travel as a way to get drunk in Pubs with more accents and bonk people who they can't talk to in the same language kinda miss the point.

redvscotty

First Grade
I turned 26 on my honeymoon and had a kid at 28. I LIKE being a young-ish Dad. We went round Europe for a month when the munchkin was 2. Went back and did a different crawl with kids at 1, 3 and 6 y/0. Took the Brother-in-law and his wife as stand-in baby sitters/load sharers and comp'ed their airfares and some accom. They got pregnant in Switzerland looking after our kids while we went to France for a week, so apparently it didn't cramp their style too much :) People who see travel as a way to get drunk in Pubs with more accents and bonk people who they can't talk to in the same language kinda miss the point.

I know numerous people who have been to England or Ireland or Bali or wherever and they go on about this awesome bar over there called 'Downunder Bar' or whatever.

I don't see the point in going halfway around the world to goto an 'Aussie' pub that sells Fosters and has pictures of bogans riding kangaroos on the wall.

Hallatia

Referee
I like that.

When I get married, I would love to go on a road trip with my husband all around Australia or where ever just me and him. It would test the relationship a bit putting up with each other in that sort of situation, but I think if we do it early it will be great for our relationship

Karl

Juniors
I like that.

When I get married, I would love to go on a road trip with my husband all around Australia or where ever just me and him. It would test the relationship a bit putting up with each other in that sort of situation, but I think if we do it early it will be great for our relationship

Doing something fun like travel together should not test a relationship. If it does, there's an issue. Monotony, money worries, infidelity, bringing up kids, sexual incompatability (someone gets a lot of headaches or will only do it missionary with the lights out in bed under a sheet sort of thing) - these things test a relationship.

Taking holidays together - not so much :lol:

Hallatia

Referee
I think a road trip would be more testing than any regular other kind of holiday. The other kinds are mostly just fun

Springs

First Grade
I think a road trip would be more testing than any regular other kind of holiday. The other kinds are mostly just fun

Do a hike. I always thought I'd have found the perfect girl when she agrees to walk through Siberia.

That's brilliant. Especially the part about those who travel to get wasted in different places and the sex tourists. Particularly those that go to Thailand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts