What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ask LU - The relationship advice thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Springs

First Grade
well, you're not the morality police and you're not her parent.

I realise that I'm just worried about my friend is that a problem? No need to get touchy.
I know a couple where the bloke was 22, was dating a girl since she 15. They are now happily married, with 3 kids and good friends of mine... i wouldnt have been very friendly with him when they first started dating, i know that for certain, but with the knowledge of hindsight, they are truly one of the most in love devoted couples ive ever witnessed.

My grandparents married when he was 22 and she was 17. And he is the best man I know. But that was 63 years ago.
I'd have no problem if they were adults. But this girl isn't, and she isn't mature enough for that.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Albeit rare, you've got two examples where something like this has been the great happy ending, and whilst this is unlikely to be the case, its possible.

I think all you can do mate is express your concern and let her make her own choices/mistakes
other than that, as a friend, just be there if/when it all goes to shit

Springs

First Grade
Yeah, I didn't think I could do anything, just wanted to hear your opinions. She knows what I think and she understands why I feel this way a bit better now, I hope.

Thanks guys.

Mr Fourex

Bench
Ok can someone tell me their opinion on age difference. I've been trying to convince this girl (15) that she shouldn't 'have a thing' as she calls it with someone much older than her. All I know about him is that he's older than me (I'm 20), and I have a feeling he's a few years older than me.

This is the same girl who told me about sex at her boarding school. Oh with 'having a thing' she doesn't mean holding hands.

How come you're hangin' round 15yr olds........haven't you any friends your own age?

Springs

First Grade
How come you're hangin' round 15yr olds........haven't you any friends your own age?

Not in my town I don't. In fact in my small town I'm the only one my own age. I know her cause I know her family.
All my friends live in Griffith, 65 km away.

Alba

Coach
Haha, dude it was hard enough to ask him to get something to eat. Replying to his rejection with that would have taken some massive cajones. I kind of wish I thought of it.

He might've had other plans, try again!

Ok so....I do need some sort of advice on this one.
A close mate, that I've known for like 4 years, has quite the staunch view on gay marriage (doesn't really get it and she's a gay woman btw).
I told her, actually I told her my fiance proposed didn't even really tell her anything else and I got a response back that said 'I can't support that'.
I didn't reply, mostly cause of shock I guess.

I'm just wondering, do you cull that friend? She did like me at one stage, but I'm thinking it's more her views on marriage itself that has triggered that response.

I say, see how she acts toward you. She may not support it but it doesn't necessarily mean it will affect your friendship. It all depends how you feel about it also. Do you feel betrayed? Do you feel like her support is needed for your friendship to continue?

15 is illegal. Dob the pervert in to the cops.

it is highly likely she lied about her age. I used to do it all the time and guys are so gullible and horny, they'll believe anything. Also, girls look older most of the time so I don't think you should 'dob him in,' he might think she's 18 for all you know.

Cliffhanger

Coach
I have a couple of male friends who are about 3 or 4 years younger to me. They're like brothers to me, to be honest I like them a lot more than my brothers to be honest because they actually like me and are nice to me. But they're good and respectful and they have faith in your advice.

They'll also do whatever I ask and I would never sleep with them either.

Springs

First Grade
it is highly likely she lied about her age. I used to do it all the time and guys are so gullible and horny, they'll believe anything. Also, girls look older most of the time so I don't think you should 'dob him in,' he might think she's 18 for all you know.

He doesn't. Unless it's someone I've never heard of, in this small town everyone would know who she is and how old she is, although she does look older than 15.

Karl

Juniors
I have a couple of male friends who are about 3 or 4 years younger to me. They're like brothers to me, to be honest I like them a lot more than my brothers to be honest because they actually like me and are nice to me. But they're good and respectful and they have faith in your advice.

They'll also do whatever I ask and I would never sleep with them either.

You seem like an attractive and fit young lady. They want to sleep with you. They have already thought about it, more than once. Its just the way it is. It's great that you're friends, but that will not have stopped them having a fantasy or 10 about you.

I'm just sayin'...

Cliffhanger

Coach
I think you should just let it go, you already told her what you think, there's nothing else you can do. Just forget about it.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
You seem like an attractive and fit young lady. They want to sleep with you. They have already thought about it, more than once. Its just the way it is. It's great that you're friends, but that will not have stopped them having a fantasy or 10 about you.

I'm just sayin'...

f**k me with a set of crayolas. What kind of pervert are you?

joshie

Live Update Team
So me and that girl spoke about us and we are going to wait until one month into uni before talking about it again. I decided to bring it up with her and surprisingly she felt the same way, well, kind of. But yeah, maybe things will work out.

adamkungl

Immortal

I'm just sayin'...

Hey, just because you imagine hot female friends naked from time to time, doesn't mean you're actually trying to get in their pants.

But if the opportunity was to arise...

Springs

First Grade
So me and that girl spoke about us and we are going to wait until one month into uni before talking about it again. I decided to bring it up with her and surprisingly she felt the same way, well, kind of. But yeah, maybe things will work out.

So just a question, would you be fine with her sleeping around during that month?

Just asking cause I wouldn't be, but I'm a jealous type.

joshie

Live Update Team
So just a question, would you be fine with her sleeping around during that month?

Just asking cause I wouldn't be, but I'm a jealous type.

She told me she really liked me but i am not tied down to her....yet. She said she is absolutely fine with me doing whatever I like as long as I tell her about it if we make the next step. So pretty much if i sleep with some girls, and we start going out, I have just got to let her know and she will forget it and move on. She did say she wouldn't mind being single for a month either but wasn't sure what she was going to do!

In other words, she is not jealous and is fine knowing that I do actually like her, i'd just like to see what uni single life is like first. dont shoot me because i know how bad that sounded haha

redvscotty

First Grade
LOL @ Joshie thinking she's OK with it.

I do not think that I know women in the slightest, but I know that if you believe that.. you are deluded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts