What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ask LU - The relationship advice thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamkungl

Immortal
Been dating girl who was one of my best friends for about 3 months....realising that there's nothing really there though. so probs need to end it, even though she's done absolutely nothing wrong. worrrrrst.

Hallatia

Referee
oh, that sucks then ...

But, she may have been able to pick up on your position despite her own, in my experiences, people do that and respond to it

Last edited:

adamkungl

Immortal
sucks, its fun and everything and shes an awesome girlfriend. My gut feeling is just 'meh'. Whereas after this amount of time I expect to sort of be feeling 'yeah I could see this being long term'

Hallatia

Referee
if she does really like you, then it might hurt her feelings to tell her that, even though that's probably what you should tell her.

Skinner

Coach
This ain't going to be a happy ending kungl, no matter which way you do it. She is obviously happy in the relationship, so you need to be really gentle.

Dani

Immortal
I agree. But what i meant was it was better to realise now than drag it along and possibly miss other opportunities.

Karl

Juniors
She might be feeling the same way and is wrestling with the same issues.

AK "Um, there's something I need to talk about with you babe."

AKGF "What is it AK?"

AK "Well, you know how we were really good friends before we started going out?"

AKGF "The best friends AK."

AK "Well, I still feel like we're really really good frinds, you know?"

AKGF "Me too AK."

AK "It's the other bit, the lovers bit. I think maybe we were such good friends that becoming lovers was not a transition we should have made, you know? But I care about you a lot and this is hard to say."

AKGF "OH MY GOD I KNOW RIGHT? It's like I'm TOTALLY kissing my brother or something! And when we, you know, do it, it feels really weird but exciting a bit too because it's like, doing it with your really hot brother, but mostly just weird and like, a bit WRONG? You know? So yeah babe, totally understand where you're coming from. Friends it is, no benefits. Oh my God, I'm so glad we had this talk!"

AK "...."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts