What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Attendances

Perth Red

Post Whore
Good news

Almost 64,000 tickets have been sold for this Saturday's Rugby League World Cup final double-header, while the wheelchair final is a complete sell-out. Australia take on Samoa in the men's final, which will follow the women's decider between the Jillaroos and the New Zealand Kiwi Ferns.

taste2taste

Juniors
Good news

Almost 64,000 tickets have been sold for this Saturday's Rugby League World Cup final double-header, while the wheelchair final is a complete sell-out. Australia take on Samoa in the men's final, which will follow the women's decider between the Jillaroos and the New Zealand Kiwi Ferns.

Great news ! I was fearing a crowd of 35 to 40 with the possibility that this game could be yet another 60-6 scoreline.

There's a few league media reaching out to the Rock to do a shout out to his samoan brothers. :D that might be all the publicity they need to get the growd up over 70 :D

If the Samoans did some media it would help sales.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I'm expecting quite a few no shows so predict it may be around 60 in attendance which is still a great outcome all things considered.

Billythekid

First Grade
Whilst it would be disappointing if a lot don't show at least for WC that surely helps bring in a bit of extra profit.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Whilst it would be disappointing if a lot don't show at least for WC that surely helps bring in a bit of extra profit.
Hopefully. Here's commentary on revenue from that article

Dutton stressed that irrespective of whether or not the final sells out, the tournament will still produce a significant revenue - He said: "The double-header will gross three times more than the 2013 final if you add in tickets and hospitality, and that's important because it's an expensive tournament to pay for," he said.

taste2taste

Juniors
Hopefully. Here's commentary on revenue from that article

Dutton stressed that irrespective of whether or not the final sells out, the tournament will still produce a significant revenue - He said: "The double-header will gross three times more than the 2013 final if you add in tickets and hospitality, and that's important because it's an expensive tournament to pay for," he said.
So reading between the lines the ticket prices for this year's final are significantly higher than the sell out crowd in 2013 ? If they have sold 60k and are making triple the revenue tixs must be about triple the price ?

If the stadium is nearly full and they make triple the revenue it shows the organising got the tickets price right. If England were playing no doubt it would have sold out.

Last edited:

undertaker

Coach
Too bad the final isn't a 2:30pm kickoff, like the 2013 RLWC final, with most of the game during daylight hours

It will be dark by the time today's final kicks off at 4pm

Last edited:

colly

Juniors
w
Too bad the final isn't a 2:30pm kickoff, like the 2013 RLWC final, with most of the game during daylight hours

It will be dark by the time today's final kicks off at 4pm
Why not have the game at 11.00 am kickoff ( Manchester) makes 10.00pm here Sat night. I could easily organize a World Cup Party and a few beers. It's about time organizations cater for the main media countries. The same should apply here to games in Australia, it should be TV friendly for UK viewers.

Gobsmacked

Bench
w

Why not have the game at 11.00 am kickoff ( Manchester) makes 10.00pm here Sat night. I could easily organize a World Cup Party and a few beers. It's about time organizations cater for the main media countries. The same should apply here to games in Australia, it should be TV friendly for UK viewers.
I don't understand why it wasn't played in prime time.

Gobsmacked

Bench
I'll admit, final drew 7.5K more than I was expecting, must have been a late surge for sales, but definitely pleasantly surprised.

Crowd looked great, definitely a great way to cap off the tournament.
It looked full 🤘 great result.
Big attendance !first ever final appearance for Samoa in any sport !
The rock giving it great global exposure! TV numbers good.
Great tournament! I'm glad the next one is only 3 years away !

Latest posts