What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ATTN: Shark Fans r.e Galloway

sharkadelic

Juniors
sooperdooper said:
i wouldnt pay 400k for ross nor would i pay 215 for keith

both are good players who are on very good $$$

I agree both are on top dollar for their respective abilities. Galloway has always shown potential but sadly failed to deliver all too often.

For the sharks to pay $215k for "potential" alone, was insane. If Galloway starts using his size and get a bit of mongrel ala Mason, he could become a fearsome prospect.

But I just dont think he has the cajones.

daslacker

Juniors
I still want galloway to play in the backrow until he get's some more aggression.
He needs to speed up his hit-ups and play the balls.I'd like to see him as the 1st
man in making the tackle using his shoulder.Not as a 3 man in to make the
tackle.

I've seen a slight improvement in him since playing for the tigers.Still abit to
go IMO.He's still young though,so he fits into the potential category.

Galloway is crap. We all said that when he was a Shark.

It's not bias.

Why would Tigers fans take that personally? Most teams have crap, overpaid, over-rated players. Such as Galloway.

I dont get it.

Balmain_Boy

I don't think anyone is taking it personally. Just stating that we have paid Galloway what ihe'll be worth in the 3rd year of his contract. I trust Sheensy on ths one.

If he's a flop, he's a flop. Has shown a hell of a lot of improvement this year in my book. I was stunned he got dropped.

Special K

Coach
Defend Galloway all you like but without him on your books thats another 220k you'd have to re-sign a Scott Prince...

Balmain_Boy

Fair call. At the time he was signed though, go forward was a very big problem. To be fair I don't think it's the time to comment on the quality of the signing. Goes for both Sharks and Tigers fans.

Kid

Juniors
Special K said:
Defend Galloway all you like but without him on your books thats another 220k you'd have to re-sign a Scott Prince...
Prince was never going to stay. He didn't even let the Tigers put an offer to him. I see your point of view, though think it's too early to write Keith off. People forget he is still just a boy.

innsaneink

Referee
Its called depth.
f**k, people here expecting him to play like Webke, and anything less & hes a dud?

Inferno

Coach
not at all, but for his size he should be doing a lot more, thats for sure.

I think its funny people say, well Sheensy has a good eye so he must be alright. But then he was dropped, so either Sheens has a good eye and doesn't think he's good enough, or he doesn't have a good eye and perhaps picked a dud.

Galloway had 1 good game last year surprisingly enough against the tigers.

innsaneink

Referee
Someone with no idea WOULD class him as being dropped.....

....though with two players returning from injury and suspension, two who played a major role in the finals series....those with a clue know hes making way.

Galloways had a few good games this year with the Tigers...amazing what a change of club/coach can do.

Mr Saab

Referee
When a player leaves one club and goes to another the fans of the club he left are always going to put shyte on him.
Take it with a grain of salt.
Its not like the sharks have started the yr 2-0. They are 0-2 and struggling.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Sheens has repeatedly stated that a prop does not mature until his mid 20's. Galloway is 21, so he's got a few years yet.

I think he has plenty of potential and with a good coaching staff he will mature and develop into a very good player.

We paid Galloway what he will be worth in three years, not what he is worth now.

If three or four years ago Sheens revealed the likes of Halatau, Farah and Gibbs (who were all playing reserve grade) were on first grade contracts, plenty of people would have laughed and sniggered, just as they are doing now.

smeghead

Bench
mr_sharks said:
The Shire curse?? Oh FFS!! You're a 5 star cockface - supporting two teams because your sh*tty team couldnt stand alone (For those other Tigers fans I don't mind them but this guy really needs to get his head out of his arse)

Ahh yes bring up the merger when you have truly nothing else. I will put $10 on the fact right now that Ross will not make an origin game this year except as a spectator.

BTW Thanks for the 5 star cockface "insult" at least I know that no matter what I try I am good at it. Your wit is strong as Shane Warnes ability not to cheat on his wife. Well done:thumb

Inferno

Coach
Mr Saab said:
When a player leaves one club and goes to another the fans of the club he left are always going to put shyte on him.
Take it with a grain of salt.
Its not like the sharks have started the yr 2-0. They are 0-2 and struggling.

Yeah but the difference is, we were putting shyte on him a long time before he left and was signed to the Tigers.

I'll wait to be proven wrong, but so far he hasn't done that YET.

innsaneink

Referee
Interesting concept, an opinon on a person and his club yet the opinion of the club changes when its a different person.....

Mr Saab

Referee
What are we? Round 4 into the comp!!!!!!!!
f**k, give the kid some time.
Come back in round 20 and judge hat he has or has not done.

Nightstalker

Juniors
Ever consider Galloway may of been dropped by Sheens in order to shake him up?

I agree it is way too early to label a new signing a dud.

Also Sheens knows what he is doing. He is the most experienced coach in the NRL and has won 4 titles. He has obviously identified the potential in the kid, and if anyone is able to bring this out of a player it is Sheensy.

Also of course it is largely up to the players themselves if they wish to realise their potential. Sometimes it just never happens (Owen Craigie for example).

Latest posts