What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auckland Nines

Nines

• Good

Votes: 59 88.1%
  • Meh

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Bad

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters

Canard

Immortal
One player has been mooted in the press to be seeking inclusion.

LU "It's turned into a Legends tournament"

"The sky is falling!!"

Howie

Juniors
9s requires less fitness than proper league IMO. For a start most forwards will play around 9-10 mins per half... That isn't asking much fitness wise

7's & 9's is like touch football .....extremely fast game.

Fittler will be doubled up at some stage taking in the big ones.

Joely01

Bench
You are in the vast minority of people who want to see unknown U20s and reserve grade players run around as opposed to recognised legends of the game.

Most fans - especially the casual fan that this tournament and indeed the entire concept of 9s to begin with is aimed at - want to see household name players take the field in this tournament. That can be current stars (the top 5 and top 12 guarantees) or legends (hence the tremendous interest generated by Freddy's potential involvement).

Most people going will either know most of the players because they follow the game in depth, or have no idea who someone like Inglis or Hayne is.

Do you honestly think having a 42 year old come back is good for the game? At least say an under 20s player we get to see some future stars, not a guy that will offer the comp anything after this.

Diesel

Referee
I'd like to see if Fittler is registered for the 9's if, at any stage of the season and maybe around Origin time if he may pull on the Roosters jersey because the ARLC has decided he's part of their top 25 squad

Perth Red

Post Whore
Is the nines an NRL competition? I thought it was being privately run with the agreement of the NRL. Maybe same rules re registration and salary cap don't apply?

If we are going to treat it as a silly circus event then go the whole hog and give every team two non registered player wildcard spots. Hulk hogan and Jessica mauboy anybody?

Lambretta

First Grade
I'd like to see if Fittler is registered for the 9's if, at any stage of the season and maybe around Origin time if he may pull on the Roosters jersey because the ARLC has decided he's part of their top 25 squad

That would be friggin hilarious

Almost as funny as all the clubs that have to include the 20 or so under 20's in their sides that they play.

In all honesty with the Roosters involved in the World Club Challenge one week later, I can honestly see the Roosters squad including less than 50% of our first grade team. It'll be a mixture of reserve grade and under 20's.

Can anyone make a Newtown all ages Roosters jersey?

That would be friggin hilarious

Almost as funny as all the clubs that have to include the 20 or so under 20's in their sides that they play.

In all honesty with the Roosters involved in the World Club Challenge one week later, I can honestly see the Roosters squad including less than 50% of our first grade team. It'll be a mixture of reserve grade and under 20's.

Can anyone make a Newtown all ages Roosters jersey?

Robert De Niro would still waste your bitch ass

unforgiven

Bench
Most people going will either know most of the players because they follow the game in depth, or have no idea who someone like Inglis or Hayne is.

Do you honestly think having a 42 year old come back is good for the game? At least say an under 20s player we get to see some future stars, not a guy that will offer the comp anything after this.

I think that is completely wrong. I don't think that most people going will know the most of the players, most people who follow rugby league couldn't name 10 players in the entire u20's competition.

This is a glorified touch footy competition with very little meaning for the majority of players. I love to watch it, but the majority of sides will treat it as a bit of fun and a chance to blood some younger players, Freddy playing takes absolutely nothing away from that.

TheDalek079

Bench
I follow league, but I don't even watch Roosters u20s games on the tele (if I go to a game then i'll arrive early and watch both grades)

shiznit

Coach

RHCP

Bench
So one 20s player who will not play a game of firsts in 2014 will miss out? And instead, a generation who missed him and a generation who want to see him go around again will get to watch one of the all time greats?

Just call the whole thing off.

NrlCoach

Juniors
9's are going to faster then any rugby league match. LOLZ Fittler will be dead in 2 mins unles there is unlimited subs

Bronco Rob

Juniors
What's with all this negative hysteria about Freddy playing, you'd think he's starting in the WCC. This tournament is about raising the profile of Rugby League in NZ, not a trial game for possible 20's recruits and if his playing increases interest then we've got something useful out of it. FFS the likes of Brett Lee and co are playing in the KFC big bash which is a serious comp to the players but talk of Alfie and Joey is just complete nonsense, we ain't gonna see it happen.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
One player has been mooted in the press to be seeking inclusion.

LU "It's turned into a Legends tournament"

"The sky is falling!!"
Indeed.

I heard Brad gets to eat two Auckland born babies for breakfast to enhance his youth.

unforgiven

Bench
Sure.......takes nothing away, except for

Mate its one player on one team that is already playing a trial match that weekend, I'm sure the Roosters will have plenty of opportunity to play all the players they want to play, including Freddy.

TheDalek079

Bench
Freddy claiming that Easts will be including SBW....so much for the keyboard heroes on here whinging that we weren't taking it seriously :lol:

Latest posts