What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auckland Vulcans v Central Coast Storm NSW Cup

shiznit

Coach
wheres Sonny Fai?? he missed out on both the First Grade and PL??

Edit- ohhh i just clicked... he comes under the NYC side...

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Swanley said:
This team is what the Warriros have needed for about 10 years....end of conversation.

well they already had it last year - which would of being an even better comp plus it was televised.

If they do get they're act together it is possible in the future that auckland step out from the warriors and both fund and select their own players and develop them into good players and further develop opportunity for more home grown players to move on to bigger and better things.

then it would actually become a pathway for talented players who arent picked up from the warriors and it prevents becoming a dumping ground for players who have had it a' la tony martins and skinny byrnes of the future.

probably drop in depending the 9's.

Swanley

Juniors
mmm

your idea sounds good in theory but would not benefit the Warriors or Auckland.

you need to remember the Original Warriors were the Auckland Warriors.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Swanley said:
mmm

your idea sounds good in theory but would not benefit the Warriors or Auckland.

you need to remember the Original Warriors were the Auckland Warriors.

well its not my idea - its something ARL will be looking at in the back on their minds. Taking control of the club - and signing more players themselves.

And then hopefully nrl clubs etc buying out their contracts for a small fee etc.

I believe it would boost the Auckland fox comp with the carrott of selection in their head without having to play meaningless NSW QLD country footy to try to make step toward pro-footy.

Remember the warriors dont make all the right calls in terms of selecting the best players.

And tbh I care more about the players getting more opportunities rathers than the actual warriors.

Anyway I can see the mix of the warriors changing to have more of their squad either in FG or u/20's.

Perhaps not total disculsion of the warriors - but coaching staff should be able to choose what he thinks is best 17.

I heard a whisper than Inglis is playing for the cc storm- dismissed instantly though any know their side.

Skinner

Coach
Storm 22 Vulcans 20.

A scrappy affair played in very warm conditions. Henderson went well as did Heremaia.

Crockett scored a couple, one of which was a real softy.

Skinner

Coach
ozbash said:
skinz, you reckon henderson is better than fein ?

I need to watch Fein play this season before I could make that call, but based on Fein's
performance last year then Henderson would be a short half head in front (maybe a bit
more).

NZ Warrior

First Grade
roughyedspud said:
vulcans????

what happened to the lions?

You're a quick one, ain't ya.

*Sigh* Dr Spock took over the management of the Lions after the ARL were deemed too incompetent to run them. Dr Spock doesn't really like Lions, so they became the Vulcans.

Live long and prosper, my friend.

Rich102

Staff member
NZ Warrior said:

*Sigh* Dr Spock took over the management of the Lions after the ARL were deemed too incompetent to run them. Dr Spock doesn't really like Lions, so they became the Vulcans.

Live long and prosper, my friend.[/quote]

Wasn't he in 'The Tempest'?

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Rich102 said:
NZ Warrior said:

Live long and prosper, my friend.[/quote]

Wasn't he in 'The Tempest'?

Well, roughyedspud has obviously been in some sort of Tempest. Or maybe his mind is in one big Tempest.

Btw, if you are talking about Shakespeare's play, why are you asking me for? Do I look gay to you? Go ask Ozbash if Leonard was in it, he'll know. He loves the theatre just about as much as he loves the male bird.

Lego_Man

First Grade
Is Metcalfe too old to play in the NYC?

I still think he's scum, after all leopards dont change their spots...but on the other hand they also say "to err is human, to forgive divine". But if he missteps again, i'll write him off for good.

Jesbass

First Grade
NZ Warrior said:
Well, roughyedspud has obviously been in some sort of Tempest. Or maybe his mind is in one big Tempest.

Btw, if you are talking about Shakespeare's play, why are you asking me for? Do I look gay to you? Go ask Ozbash if Leonard was in it, he'll know. He loves the theatre just about as much as he loves the male bird.

Uninteresting factoid of non-amazement: I've been on his street, and probably seen his house...only I don't know which house is his, lol.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
I went to watch the vulcans game aswell as the warriors development against a otahuhu selection.

From the Vulcans game:

Henderson showed he has played at a higher level - helped take some of halfback role (vulcans had a young no. 7 in Pita Godinet).

Heremaia - played pretty good and showed his worth - while warriors have heaps of half-back options - I do really think if they're stocks get down that they can seriously look at heremaia as an option. He has played heaps of premier league and has come back from english second division.

Shannon Stowers - he stood out with some big hits and hittups and from what I saw he played some pretty good minutes in the heat. I always rated Stowers and believed he could of been NRL level.

Also for warriors fans both Crockett and Solomona showed they are both ready to be called up. Crockett went looking for the ball the whole game.

Solomona - he may be small but has excellent positional play and throws his body around. Will play NRL this year.

From the Warriors Developement (mainly 16,17,18 year olds);

All these guys some as young as 16,17 are competing for spot in the warriors u/20's for this year and the next. Also with over a dozen of the u/20 squad becoming to old next year these guys will be important.

I think they all go back to their clubs to play fox etc if not in use from u/20s.

Upu Poching went well and should be in the u/20 team next few weeks.

outside back Nafi Seluina??? looked pretty slick and will probably feature in the u/20 team

Latest posts