What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aust v India test series discussion thread

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I think the players need only ask themselves had it been them, would they want it cancelled.

Can only say I would not.

Rabbits20

Immortal
1st test is postponed.

Rightly so. That is the correct decision. More info in next few days on 1st test.

Funeral is Wednesday at 2pm I think.

DC_fan

Coach
1st test is postponed.

Rightly so. That is the correct decision. More info in next few days on 1st test.

Funeral is Wednesday at 2pm I think.

If the schedule allows the test could start Saturday or Sunday. The fact at this stage they have only postponed suggests to me they are looking to have it played.

undertaker

Coach
If rescheduled, given the ICC rule that a minimum 3 days must be between tests (wish it was still 2 days, like it was pre-2009), I can see the Brisbane AND Adelaide tests being rescheduled so they can be played back-to-back.

E.g. Brisbane: 8-12 December
Adelaide: 16-20 December

Parra

Referee
Why is cricket different from other sports in this regard? Can't believe they have postponed this test match.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Why is cricket different from other sports in this regard? Can't believe they have postponed this test match.

Not much else they could do with the funeral on Wednesday in country NSW with the test scheduled in Brisbane.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal

Is it any skin off your nose if it's postponed or not? The people who matter don't seem to fussed and that includes the BCCI who are notorious in kicking up a stink if things aren't going the way they want it.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Then why the statement that you can't believe it's been postponed?

It's a very believable thing.

And the people who matter aren't too fussed that it's been postponed.

Parra

Referee
Then why the statement that you can't believe it's been postponed?

Not a normal thing to do in sport. Hence the question. I can't think of another sport that would do this. Let alone the top level of a professional sport.

shiznit

Coach
Not a normal thing to do in sport. Hence the question. I can't think of another sport that would do this. Let alone the top level of a professional sport.
Well how often is someone killed on the field of play???

I don't think there's some hard and fast rules about how to handle a situation like this...

They just went about it as best they could...

Bazal

Post Whore

Any sport would do this. How the hell can you expect the players to go to their young mates funeral Wednesday and then lob up for a test match the next day? Don't be ludicrous.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
made it pretty had to kick the conversions when the posts kept moving

TheParraboy

Staff member
looks like being played between the second and third tests now

If that's the case they will have to start the Adelaide test two days earlier I would imagine

Adelaide currently is 12-16th Dec
MCG is 26th -30th Dec

So if they start the Gabba test on the 20th (given the 3 day break test protocol) the 5th day goes into Xmas eve, and only one day break before next test.

This might work
Adelaide 10-14
Gabba 18-22
MCG 26-30

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
yeh, thats pretty much what they have been talking about on radio today, they had to change the start date on the Adelaide test

its just speculation for now

TheParraboy

Staff member
If they do the 3 back to back tests , talk of the SCG test being pushed back to give players a longer break over Xmas. It would stuff me up as have booked 3 days accommodation for the SCG test, but considering why it may be pushed back totally understandable, ill try and get the hotel to push the dates back as well, if not ill just chill out in Sydney and end up watching the test on tv

The Australian newspaper seemed to think playing the GABBA test after the SCG test as an option

We should know over the next 24 hours id imagine

http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia-v-india-2014-15/content/story/805993.html

Players were united that Adelaide to be the first test of the summer. India are staying in Adelaide until further notice