What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aust Vs SL - 2nd Final (Sydney)

fish eel said:
No, thats Don Bradman

Don is about 6 or 7 levels above them. Ponting is IMO a better player than Tendulkar and Lara. Mainly because he can produce the goods when it counts and is more consistent. He never seems to go into massive form slumps like Tendulkar and Lara. All 3 are fantastice players but IMO Ponting has now surpassed them.

grego

Juniors
I was at the game yesterday and i think ponting is by far the best batsman in the world at the moment as he steadied the ship for the Aussies along with Symonds who rapidly went up in my estimations as he has Matured as a cricketer in a huge way as he played a great innings yesterday when i needed to and not come out and blaze like he usually does ,and as he should do when the time is right

fish eel

Immortal
waltzing Meninga said:
Don is about 6 or 7 levels above them. Ponting is IMO a better player than Tendulkar and Lara. Mainly because he can produce the goods when it counts and is more consistent. He never seems to go into massive form slumps like Tendulkar and Lara. All 3 are fantastice players but IMO Ponting has now surpassed them.

In saying Don is one level, I'm saying I guesss you've got a whole stack of great batsman, who when ranking, is just like splitting hairs.....then you have Don.

Ponting goes thorugh slumps. He had a torrid time in India not so long back, and he'll go through another one no doubt.

But I agree, his consistancy of late in test cricket...wow.

JJ said:
that's pretty funny
Whats more funny is you saying that Jayawardana had his fingers under the ball after seeing the replays, then later saying the replays wer inconclusive and you never said that he caught it.

JJ

Immortal
waltzing Meninga said:
Whats more funny is you saying that Jayawardana had his fingers under the ball after seeing the replays, then later saying the replays wer inconclusive and you never said that he caught it.

suggesting Tendulkar and Lara are prone to slumps is f**king hilarious...

citing me incorrectly is pretty bad - at the time I clearly said I thought he caught it, and that his fingers were under the ball... the replays (to me) were not conclusive one wa or the other - I could not see the ball hit grass, and so I go with the fielder's word... How many f**king times do I need to explain myself??

JJ said:
suggesting Tendulkar and Lara are prone to slumps is f**king hilarious...

citing me incorrectly is pretty bad - at the time I clearly said I thought he caught it, and that his fingers were under the ball... the replays (to me) were not conclusive one wa or the other - I could not see the ball hit grass, and so I go with the fielder's word... How many f**king times do I need to explain myself??

At the time you never said the replays were inconclusive, you just said he caught it.

It was only later after you read the article how he apologised, that you then said the replays were inconclusive.

How would you describe Tendulkars recent form?

JJ

Immortal
waltzing Meninga said:
At the time you never said the replays were inconclusive, you just said he caught it.

It was only later after you read the article how he apologised, that you then said the replays were inconclusive.

How would you describe Tendulkars recent form?

because I am happy to take the fielders word - he said he caught it, and that coloured my interpretation...

Tendulkar is coing back from a lengthy injury - are you seriously suggesting he's (and Lara) more prone to slumps than Ponting???

JJ said:
because I am happy to take the fielders word - he said he caught it, and that coloured my interpretation...

Tendulkar is coing back from a lengthy injury - are you seriously suggesting he's (and Lara) more prone to slumps than Ponting???

You didn't say he caught it because the feilder said so, you said he caught it because you saw that he had his fingers under it.

I would say Yes they are more prone in recent times. Lara had 1 score on the last tour, and was hopelessly out of form for the rest of the series.

Tendulkar may be battling an injury but has also been out of form of late.

The main reason why I think Ponting is better is because of his big match performances.

Where was Tendulkars 100 in the world cup final in 2003???

El Diablo

Post Whore
JJ said:

so you'd take the fielders word if you were batting and saw it hit the ground first?

Punter saw it hit the ground so had no need to even ask if he caught it.

JJ

Immortal
waltzing Meninga said:
Where was Tendulkars 100 in the world cup final in 2003???

pffft - I can equally say where was Ponting's batting (one innings apart - avg 39) and captaincy in the Ashes?

lockyno1

Post Whore
What a great game! How good was Murali! That chucker got tonked and everyone at the game was applauding him! The scum got smashed!

Parra Guru

Coach
JJ said:
pffft - I can equally say where was Ponting's batting (one innings apart - avg 39) and captaincy in the Ashes?

There should be a seperate thread in here for all of this Australia vs NZ bitch fighting.

It is so boring that every thread turns into this stupid arguement and a 'Ponting Bash'.

I'd like to read your opinions if NZ were fortunate enough to have a batsman 1/2 as good as Ponting.

JJ

Immortal
Coleman said:
http://nz.cricinfo.com/db/STATS/ODIS/BOWLING/ODI_BOWL_MOST_EXPENSIVE.html

Worst bowling figures in ODIs since the games were shortened to fifty overs. And the guy who was first had 105 off 12, and certaintly Murali would have gone for more than that had he bowled another two.

in terms of runs per over, there are quite a few on the list that are worse than the immortal Martin Snedden... but he proudly holds the title of the only bowler ever to have conceded 100 in an ODI - long may he reign!