What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aust Vs SL - 2nd Final (Sydney)

lockyno1

Post Whore
JJ said:
in terms of runs per over, there are quite a few on the list that are worse than the immortal Martin Snedden... but he proudly holds the title of the only bowler ever to have conceded 100 in an ODI - long may he reign!

I bet you must have loved Chucky going for 99 last night!:roll:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Parra Guru said:
There should be a seperate thread in here for all of this Australia vs NZ bitch fighting.

It is so boring that every thread turns into this stupid arguement and a 'Ponting Bash'.

I'd like to read your opinions if NZ were fortunate enough to have a batsman 1/2 as good as Ponting.

well said :clap:

JJ

Immortal
lockyno1 said:
I bet you must have loved Chucky going for 99 last night!:roll:

If any bowler goes for that many runs, let alone someone of his class, there must have been some great batting going on.

It was an awesome display by Symonds, Ponting, and to a lesser extent Clarke and Hussey... pretty scary for the rest of us...

But it is pretty sad for people to wish for bad things to happen to others... IMO at least...

JJ

Immortal
Twizzle said:
well said :clap:

I wasn't Ponting bashing, someone said Ponting was more consistent than Tendulkar and Lara - which I find amusing... they then backed this up by saying "where was Tendulkar's 100 in the World Cup final - I responded by asking where was Ponting's bat (one innings aside) and his captaincy in the Ashes...

It's ok to criticise Tendulkar, but not to suggest similar things about Ponting?

lockyno1

Post Whore
JJ said:
If any bowler goes for that many runs, let alone someone of his class, there must have been some great batting going on.

It was an awesome display by Symonds, Ponting, and to a lesser extent Clarke and Hussey... pretty scary for the rest of us...

But it is pretty sad for people to wish for bad things to happen to others... IMO at least...

It is Murali what on earth do you expect! It was the best day at the cricket EVER! "No Balllllll!:lol:

JJ

Immortal
lockyno1 said:
It is Murali what on earth do you expect! It was the best day at the cricket EVER! "No Balllllll!:lol:

I'd expect a bit less small-minded pettiness.... but apparently one won't find that among a substantial proportion of Aust fans

JJ said:
I wasn't Ponting bashing, someone said Ponting was more consistent than Tendulkar and Lara - which I find amusing... they then backed this up by saying "where was Tendulkar's 100 in the World Cup final - I responded by asking where was Ponting's bat (one innings aside) and his captaincy in the Ashes...

It's ok to criticise Tendulkar, but not to suggest similar things about Ponting?

No one was talking about captaincy - I don't know why youve added that. we are talking about batting performance only.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
JJ said:

I was moreso referring to the constant bitching and bickering that has crept into almost every thread, as was PG

its just becoming very boring and predictable

and as for who is best, check the rankings

lockyno1

Post Whore
JJ said:
I'd expect a bit less small-minded pettiness.... but apparently one won't find that among a substantial proportion of Aust fans

Not when that chucker is involved! It was a great sight!:D

Rammo

Juniors
When we lose JJ, you're right onto us, illustrating where we went wrong and outlining our downfall with pleasure, as sad as that may sound.

When we win it's something else, this time you're bitching about our treatment of Murali, but, to be honest, after yesterday's effort, anyone who calls him the best bowler of alltime has rocks in their head.

1. Because he went for 99 in an ODI.

2. Because he doesn't bowl anyway.

JJ said:
ok -where was his bat in the ashes?

He scored one of the best centuries ever made. He was also run out by a bloke that shouldnt have been on the feild or at least in that position, and in another innings, he was given out LBW after knicking the ball. to average 39 is pretty good considering.

HevyDevy

Coach
And there is no doubt that he is the most consistent batsman in world cricket, particularly under pressure. An absolute freak.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Rammo said:
When we lose JJ, you're right onto us, illustrating where we went wrong and outlining our downfall with pleasure, as sad as that may sound.

When we win it's something else, this time you're bitching about our treatment of Murali, but, to be honest, after yesterday's effort, anyone who calls him the best bowler of alltime has rocks in their head.

1. Because he went for 99 in an ODI.

2. Because he doesn't bowl anyway.

Damn right there mate!:)

lockyno1

Post Whore
waltzing Meninga said:
He scored one of the best centuries ever made. He was also run out by a bloke that shouldnt have been on the feild or at least in that position, and in another innings, he was given out LBW after knicking the ball. to average 39 is pretty good considering.

Yep, considering the shocking umpiring he did well! But what do you expect when you have Billy Bowden umpiring! Wosrt umpire not just currently, but EVER!:lol:

go_the_doggies

Juniors
I'll give credit where credit is due.

Australia played very, very well.

I must admit at 10/3 i thought australia would be all out in an hour and a half, or so.

How wrong i was

lockyno1

Post Whore
go_the_doggies said:
I'll give credit where credit is due.

Australia played very, very well.

I must admit at 10/3 i thought australia would be all out in an hour and a half, or so.

How wrong i was

Yep, champion sides stand up when needed! Once our good batsmen got in there was no stopping us, even Murali's chucks couldn't stop Roy and Punter! On a side note it is 3/10, not 10/3 in Australia!

JoeD

First Grade
Is Hogg the latest aussie crybaby? Even the commentators were going on about how he was acting like a little girl.