What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australia v England - 4th Ashes Test

Balmain_Boy

You're carrying on like it was the worst decision of all time. To be honest, I didn't think it was that bad. Granted, with the aid of a replay it was probably out. I can see how Bucknor thought it might have slid down the legside. In no way was it plum. Your carrying on at Bucknor was pretty disgraceful to be honest and shows to me you don't watch a lot of cricket, which you've admitted to and i'm merely confirming.

Jordan

Juniors
How were we supposed to 'enjoy' Flintoff's knock?

I'm sure Manly fans didn't enjoy watching Cronulla posting 68 on them last week because of the great attack on show... and people bag Andrew Johns out all the time despite him being such a great player...so why can't we bag him out? ah...because it's just not cricket...

Balmain_Boy

I appreciate good rugby league. Manly fans have a right to be disenchanted with the way their mob played.

Today Flintoff was just too good for us. Enjoy might be the wrong word. Appreciate (as Tommy said) is a better one.

There's a difference between giving a player stick and being a poor sport. Some of You have displayed that difference pretty well.

Big Mick

Referee
Balmain_Boy said:
You're carrying on like it was the worst decision of all time. To be honest, I didn't think it was that bad. Granted, with the aid of a replay it was probably out. I can see how Bucknor thought it might have slid down the legside. In no way was it plum. Your carrying on at Bucknor was pretty disgraceful to be honest and shows to me you don't watch a lot of cricket, which you've admitted to and i'm merely confirming.

How?

How am I carrying on like the worst decision ever.

I'm saying he should have been out. He should have been.

I said I don't follow much cricket....I watch plenty and play plenty thank you very much.

I'm merely confirming the umpiring is not up to standard in this series and anyone that says it is, is a damn liar.

Balmain_Boy

If that wasn't out that'll deadset f**king do me.

Steve Bucknor your a dead set joke.

2 crucial wickets he's cost the Aussies today...both of those guys have formed a partnership of well over 100 runs now. Get that old bastard off the pitch.

I would call that over the top.

You actually said you weren't normally one for cricket. I would interpret that as someone who doesn't have much to do with the sport. Besides, if following cricket isn't watching it, what is it?

Tommy Smith

Referee
Like i said, it pitched on the line of leg stump and may have gone down. It was close but really nothing more than one of those 50/50 calls that sometimes go your way and sometimes dont.

Balmain_Boy

Jeez, you'd think if Simon Jones put some work into his batting he'd be at least a number 8. He must have a pretty decent eye, given some of the shot his hit. Remarkable that Hoggard and Harmison are above him in the order.

Balmain_Boy

Spot on Tommy. I'd be comfortable with it being given out or not out. Watching on replay I'd probably be inclined to give it out, but Bucknor doesn't have that luxury. I thought the LBW that Flintoff got given for was a pretty rough call.

Jordan

Juniors
Innings over...finally... Australia's batsmen have to perform now... It's a great batting pitch..no excuses.

Balmain_Boy

El Diablo said:
If he was Aussie I'd wager Bucknor would've stuck the finger up.

Are you questioning his impartiality? Or saying he's racist, as you often accuse people of being?

Either way, pretty ridiclous. You really are a caricature mate.